Issue with speed on Sims 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Issue with speed on Sims 3

Post by doctakoolaid on Fri 24 May 2013, 04:26

Hey guys! I need help Sad

So I downloaded the Sims 3 Reloaded and installed supernatural and Late Night

I have set all the preferences to low on the graphical side for my Macintosh because the game was running slow.
I have 4gb of RAM and a 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor.

My game still seems to be really slow. The guy will do an action and the clock will freeze for a couple seconds and then go back to doing the next action. So do I not have enough ram or is it the base program causing these issues or what? I also play World of Warcraft a lot and it runs quite beautifully on my computer not very much lag whatsoever but when it comes to The Sims 3 its plain ol slow as all get out.

So what would be your guys suggestions because I don't see how a game such as WoW can run a million times better than The Sims 3? Is it that beautifully put together that it can not look as good but still be using so much ram?

Thank You for your time,
Doctakoolaid

doctakoolaid
Beginner
Beginner

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, World of Warcraft
Male Posts : 6

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Issue with speed on Sims 3

Post by Phoebe on Fri 24 May 2013, 19:56

Hello,

It's a known issue of Mac. And because The Sims 3 uses Cider to perform on your mac, it gets more slower. Because it isn't originated for Macs, but rather for PCs. This is why WoW runs much better.

Other than that, The Sims 3 is complicated game, it has many aspects to effect the game performance. Your Ram is enough for it, the game only uses up to 4 GB. But as I said before, Sims 3 uses Cider so runs much slower.

But of course there are tips you can use for not having those lags. Like playing a small world, keeping the Sim's inventories small, deleting all the car parkings on the neighborhood.

And try to keep your game folders empty. I mean CCs and mods makes the game run slow. Also, you can delete cache files can help. Go to your Documents/EA Games/The Sims 3 files and delete every file ends with -cache.

Please use these tips and let us know the result.

Super Spammer

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo
Female Posts : 783

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum