Normal skin and eyes for vampires, werewolves and genies? [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Normal skin and eyes for vampires, werewolves and genies? [SOLVED]

Post by TUN3R on Mon 27 May 2013, 15:05

I hate the skin and eye overlays Maxis added to certain occults. Does anybody know how to disable them? Someone suggested a Debug Enabler, I have Nraas' but I can't find the option anywhere.

Last edited by TUN3R on Tue 28 May 2013, 02:06; edited 1 time in total

TUN3R
BANNED
BANNED

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Male Posts : 646

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Normal skin and eyes for vampires, werewolves and genies? [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 27 May 2013, 15:20

TUN3R wrote:I hate the skin and eye overlays Maxis added to certain occults. Does anybody know how to disable them? Someone suggested a Debug Enabler, I have Nraas' but I can't find the option anywhere.

What I sometimes do about the pale skin of my vampires, is that I use the tanning machine (included in the "Seasons" expansion). You might also try to use the "testingcheatsenabled true"-cheat, then shift-click on the vampire and change the skin colour in CAS mode. However, I would rather recommend the first "solution", than the latter. It's possible that if you do turn your vampire into a "normal" sim at a later point, there might be problems with that (for more on this, I'm going to open a new topic here on a very similar problem).

By the way: if your vampire's tanning is too strong, which happens sometimes, just shift-click on the tanning moodlet (so you don't have to wait several sim hours) for it to go away - but for that you'll need the cheat described above. Then re-use the tanning machine. If the tanning is right, the effect will last (I think) for 20 sim hours.

//EDIT

OK, this is what I found: http://velocitygrass-sims3.dreamwidth.org/505.html
But I'm not sure if this works with the current base game patch-level, though.
So you might also want try this here: http://virtualartisan.blogspot.de/2012/04/dead-people-dont-glow.html

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14475

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername on Mon 27 May 2013, 18:51

As for the genies and werewolves, there's not really much you can do. The genies, you can change their skin in CAS (preferably with Master Controller so it doesn't screw your game around). As for the werewolves, which part is bugging you, exactly? I've never actually made/played with a werewolf, so I'm not as familiar with their extras.
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher
Female Posts : 2043

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TUN3R on Mon 27 May 2013, 21:24

I temper with CAS a lot, changing the skin doesn't help anything. Sure I can make it darker but that leads to lower contrast. Plus it still glows.

I'll try the vampire hack just to see if it works but I was wondering if anybody knows any Debug Enables other than NRaas'?

TUN3R
BANNED
BANNED

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername on Mon 27 May 2013, 22:36

I haven't been able to find one, I found a "debug console command enabler" but it's not what you're looking for. I also wasn't able to find anything even remotely similar to what you described in any of the descriptions for NRaas'. Sad
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TUN3R on Tue 28 May 2013, 02:06

invalidusername wrote:I haven't been able to find one, I found a "debug console command enabler" but it's not what you're looking for. I also wasn't able to find anything even remotely similar to what you described in any of the descriptions for NRaas'. Sad

Nevermind, I found the option in Nraas' Debug. It's the "Video Override" one under Sim. I usually avoid anything with "Override" in it cause they usually break something.

TUN3R
BANNED
BANNED

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername on Tue 28 May 2013, 03:02

TUN3R wrote:
invalidusername wrote:I haven't been able to find one, I found a "debug console command enabler" but it's not what you're looking for. I also wasn't able to find anything even remotely similar to what you described in any of the descriptions for NRaas'. Sad

Nevermind, I found the option in Nraas' Debug. It's the "Video Override" one under Sim. I usually avoid anything with "Override" in it cause they usually break something.

Glad you found it! You do seem to solve most of your problems on your own eventually Razz Hope you can enjoy the game now that you don't have to deal with super glowy sims.

Topic closed.
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum