Only seeing 7 expansions at the launcher though all are correctly installed. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Only seeing 7 expansions at the launcher though all are correctly installed. [SOLVED]

Post by Jassie on Wed 29 May 2013, 12:37

So I finally with some update-fix-crack-fix-update -kind of cycle managed to get my Sims 3 open and working with expansions installed. But now my biggest problem is that I can only play seven expansion/stuff packs when I have installed all 17.
All are downloaded correctly from G4TW, made beautifully working .dmg:s and installed with no errors. Yet my launcher has 10 of the expansions "greyed" and in-game also doesn't regocnise them.

Ultimate Fix? Done.
Patch? Done. Manually? Yes.

What should I do next?

Jassie
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Only seeing 7 expansions at the launcher though all are correctly installed. [SOLVED]

Post by Shamrock on Wed 29 May 2013, 14:18

Are you sure you did this: apply the Ultimate Fix (except the Crack folder), then update your game, then apply the crack? That usually solves it...

Shamrock  

Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
Shamrock
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Only seeing 7 expansions at the launcher though all are correctly installed. [SOLVED]

Post by Jassie on Wed 29 May 2013, 19:57

Yes, I think I did it earlier and I did it again now just to be sure. Still nothing, only seven working.

Launcher told my game was up-to-date, so for updating I used the manual patch from here http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t3597-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v142-fix-manual-patch-updated

Jassie
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jassie on Thu 30 May 2013, 21:32

Now I noticed that I have The Sims 3 and several expansions at my Applications -folder. AND THEN there is FOLDER named "The Sims 3" which holds a non-working "The sims 3.app" and several expansions. I haven't done that folder and I have totally installed all the expansions at the same place (Applications), why did it do that?

Those in the folder seem to be the same ones that are greyed at launcher. Can I just drag&drop them at the Applications?

Jassie
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock on Thu 30 May 2013, 21:39

Yes, try this please and then re-apply the Fix just to be sure...

Shamrock  

Shamrock
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jassie on Thu 30 May 2013, 21:58

Well I tried it, didn't help. I guess I should have moved something else too (they were only alias-files). But, now I started re-installing those which greyed (and in the wrong folder). Most of them installed into right folder at first try, but I installed one expansion three times before it managed to get itself into Applications instead of that random Sims 3 -folder Very Happy

Some of my .dmg:s didn't work anymore so I have to (again!) download new .rars before getting all the expansions, but at least the launcher now seems to recognise everything I managed to install in Applications. And of course I put the crack (from UF) to its place before launching launcher.

I won't play yet 'cause I want to continue my old savefile which included one of the expansions I haven't installed yet and I don't want to break anything. But I'll report how this goes after I've installed them all.

Jassie
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock on Thu 30 May 2013, 22:01

Sounds promising!
Keep us updated!

Shamrock  

Shamrock
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jassie on Fri 31 May 2013, 07:43

Launcher seems to recognize all the expansions. BUT when I open the actual game, I get the error 0x024e424f.

Sad

EDIT. HOLY COWS IT WORKS. I used ultimate fix and patched manually and then cracked. Opened launcher, seemed that Seasons was gray again. Installed Seasons again. Put crack on its place. Launched. Working. I'm SO AMAZED. O___O

(Though it loses sound for a moment, but that fixes when I unplug and plug again my speakers)

Jassie
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock on Fri 31 May 2013, 10:02

Nice too hear it worked! That's what I was going to suggest: your error meant either your game wasn't up to date or your fix didn't have the latest version.
Glad you made it work!
Any other problem? Is the sound problem still there?

Shamrock  

Shamrock
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jassie on Fri 31 May 2013, 10:35

Almot every time I launch the game all the sound disappear, including spotify etc. I might have open. But that is easy to fix by re-plugging speakers, so not a real problem and I don't really care Smile

Game crashed once but I think it was because of the too high quality of graphics.

Jassie
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock on Fri 31 May 2013, 10:40

Ok, then the sound problem isn't caused by the game Wink
Are you sure the drivers for your sound card are up to date? Click on the sound button in the taskbar, then click Options the Properties... What do you see?

Shamrock  

Shamrock
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jassie on Fri 31 May 2013, 19:42

Mac section, Mac section Wink No options there. But really, it is no big deal and doesn't happen even every second time I launch Sims.

Jassie
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock on Fri 31 May 2013, 19:49

Ooooops sorry.
Ok, guess I'll close the topic then!

Shamrock  

Shamrock
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum