Sims3Launcher has stopped working message\?? after downloading aurora skies

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Sims3Launcher has stopped working message\?? after downloading aurora skies

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 01 Jun 2013, 00:46

@ChantelleF wrote:ahh right, no only deleted what you said i just saw that it said aurora skies lol so will that help now? shall i try it out for a bit

OK, then play on for a while to see if you still have problems Wink.

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChantelleF on Sun 02 Jun 2013, 21:47

Ive just got the message pop up saying sims 3 not working AGAIN Sad

ChantelleF
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 02 Jun 2013, 22:43

@ChantelleF wrote:Ive just got the message pop up saying sims 3 not working AGAIN Sad

Hello again,

I'm sorry to hear that
Sad. My first guess would be that it may have to do with Windows 8. Have you tried to download and install the latest Windows and graphics driver updates ?

But look at this here too (if you haven't done that already): http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-29-09-2012

Now look at #2: the thing about the "DEP". I'm not sure if the instructions work for Windows 8 too, so perhaps you have to google how to deactivate the "DEP" in Windows 8. And what about #3 ("Assigning more RAM memory to game") ? Have you already tried to use the 4 GB patch ? If not, you need to patch the "TS3W.exe" in Program files(x86)/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin.

And are you using any mods ?

//EDIT

Can you right-click on the "TS3W.exe" and go to properties ? Search for the option "run in compatibility mode" and select Windows Vista or 7.
Also: right-click on that file and select "Run as administrator". Maybe some of this helps.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14066

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChantelleF on Sun 02 Jun 2013, 22:54

I dont think its because i have windows 8, as at first it messed up then i came on here and fixed it then 4 months later i got aurora skies for free of youtube and its messed up ever since "/
do you think its because of aurora skies as it was fine before?

ChantelleF
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

Female Posts : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 02 Jun 2013, 23:04

@ChantelleF wrote:I dont think its because i have windows 8, as at first it messed up then i came on here and fixed it then 4 months later i got aurora skies for free of youtube and its messed up ever since "/
do you think its because of aurora skies as it was fine before?

Hey there,

Well, maybe that could be a reason. Where did you download the world from ? And have you saved your sim(s) into the bin - in "edit town mode" ?
The problem is if you delete "Aurora skies" and your savegame is in that world, you probably cannot play with your "old" sims anymore...
So can you get into the game and save the sim(s) to the bin ? Or does your game crash immediately ? If you can save them to the bin, then you can start a new savegame in a new world - and place your sims there.

Before un-installing that world, I would also go to My documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and copy the folder "Saves" to another place (for example: external hard-drive, USB-stick, etc.). But let's un-install that another time. A few other things:

Have you already tried playing in another world ? With "new" sims ?

Another thing to keep in mind is to delete the contents of "Currentgame.sims3" after every crash; you will find that folder in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3.

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChantelleF on Sun 02 Jun 2013, 23:15

I downloaded it from youtube someone put up loads of the sim games free download they had good reviews :/

It doesnt crash straight away, i played it from 2pm til 8.30pm thats when i got the message pop up and game collapse.. Its just annoying as i forgot to save it again!

Yes my family are in the bin but i might go back on there and save my other family to the bin.. shall i delete the world after ive done that?
Also there are 3 items from aurora that i really want to keep, if i put the items into a sims inventory then move to another world and delete aurora will those items get deleted?

ChantelleF
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 02 Jun 2013, 23:20

@ChantelleF wrote:I downloaded it from youtube someone put up loads of the sim games free download they had good reviews :/

It doesnt crash straight away, i played it from 2pm til 8.30pm thats when i got the message pop up and game collapse.. Its just annoying as i forgot to save it again!

Yes my family are in the bin but i might go back on there and save my other family to the bin.. shall i delete the world after ive done that?
Also there are 3 items from aurora that i really want to keep, if i put the items into a sims inventory then move to another world and delete aurora will those items get deleted?

OK, from what I understand, at least some of your sims are in the bin, which is VERY good.
Actually I wouldn't un-install the world yet. Just start a new savegame for now (in another town) and place your sims from the bin there.

And yes, if you actually delete the world, I'm afraid the items that come with it will probably be gone too.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChantelleF on Sun 02 Jun 2013, 23:30

ahh that sucks... Ok so i will try them in a new world for a while, if it ends up collapsing again i will come back on and do what you have said.. Shall i delete the contents of "Currentgame.sims3" as it crashed?

ChantelleF
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 02 Jun 2013, 23:47

@ChantelleF wrote:ahh that sucks... Ok so i will try them in a new world for a while, if it ends up collapsing again i will come back on and do what you have said.. Shall i delete the contents of "Currentgame.sims3" as it crashed?

Yes, play on for a while. And yes, everytime the game crashes, delete the contents of "Currentgame.sims3". If you see that there is nothing in it, then it's good too Wink.
By the way: I have read that some simmers on Windows 8 have problems when they have "Bitdefender" installed. So if you have that anti-virus software too, then deactivate it before playing.

Good luck for now!
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChantelleF on Tue 04 Jun 2013, 22:04

Guess what.. It happened again!
Is there any other thing i can do before i delete aurora Skies?

ChantelleF
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 04 Jun 2013, 22:16

@ChantelleF wrote:Guess what.. It happened again!
Is there any other thing i can do before i delete aurora Skies?

Hello again,

I'm sorry to hear that
Crying or Very sad. So did this happen in a different town? The first thing, though, is this: if you open the launcher and go to "Downloads", can you see your "Aurora skies" world ? I am asking this because I can't see any of my installed .sims3packs. It seems that EA have recently patched the launcher so that it doesn't show any installed .sims3packs anymore. If you then want to un-install it, this is going to be...well, a bit tricky (you would need to go to My documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete the contents of DCCache, DCBackup, then delete "Aurora Skies.world" from the folder Installed Worlds, then delete "Aurora Skies.sims3pack" from the folder Downloads, if it is there, PLUS you have to delete all the cache files again I showed you above). The problem with this is that you would have to re-install all your .sims3packs again...

For how long can you play without the crashing ? You might try to shorten your playing time, then exit the game for a while before re-starting it.

And what exactly does your CC include ? Do you only have "official store items" or have you downloaded "other things" (not made by EA, but by other simmers) too ?

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChantelleF on Tue 04 Jun 2013, 22:25

Yes i played in sunset valley or whatever its called lol
Also on my launcher, downloads aurora skies is in there?
This is the only thing ive downloaded that hasnt been from the store..
Game time varies before crashing yesterday and the day before it was 8 hours today 3..

ChantelleF
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 04 Jun 2013, 22:31

@ChantelleF wrote:Yes i played in sunset valley or whatever its called lol
Also on my launcher, downloads aurora skies is in there?
This is the only thing ive downloaded that hasnt been from the store..

OK, I interpret this as that you only have "official" EA items.

@ChantelleF wrote:Game time varies before crashing yesterday and the day before it was 8 hours today 3..

Do you mean you played 8 hours without exiting the game ? Shocked If yes, try shortening it, and then exit the game for a while.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChantelleF on Tue 04 Jun 2013, 22:36

8 hours of the game yes but it was paused for around 2hours..
I play at night! there are sometimes where i can play for an hour and it switches off..

yes all from EA..

ChantelleF
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 04 Jun 2013, 22:43

@ChantelleF wrote:8 hours of the game yes but it was paused for around 2hours..
I play at night! there are sometimes where i can play for an hour and it switches off..

yes all from EA..

OK, do you know what the most "radical" solution would be ? It would be to rename your "The Sims 3 folder" again, just to test if it makes any difference to the gameplay. If you don't encounter any problems then, probably, one of your CC is causing the problem.

And I hope your computer is strong enough for this game ? But what about the latest Windows and graphics driver updates ? Have you already downloaded and installed them ?

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChantelleF on Tue 04 Jun 2013, 23:00

yeah my computer can handle the games..
I dont know what you mean
But what about the latest Windows and graphics driver updates
how do i find out if need updating?
whats a CC? lol
Ok so new folder and copy and paste everything from old folder "the sims 3" into new one?

ChantelleF
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 04 Jun 2013, 23:08

@ChantelleF wrote:yeah my computer can handle the games..
I dont know what you mean
But what about the latest Windows and graphics driver updates
how do i find out if need updating?
whats a CC? lol
Ok so new folder and copy and paste everything from old folder "the sims 3" into new one?

OK, I don't know how this works in Windows 8 (I have Windows 7 installed). But I have turned on "Automatic Windows updates" ON (in the system control panel). Then if new updates are available a small window pops up and I just click install. As for your graphics card, you have to find out the model name of your card, then you have to google for the latest updates - you just download that driver update and double-click on that .exe file.

You should now have two folders, if I remember correctly:
1) "The Sims 3_"
2) "The Sims 3". ------->THIS is the folder you rename again, let's say: "The Sims 3OLD".

For now, start a completely new savegame, and play on for a while.

And: "CC" means "custom content". This can mean store items, mods or other things you download and install in the game then
Wink.

Good luck again, but I have to admit I'm close to despair now
Crying or Very sad.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ChantelleF on Tue 04 Jun 2013, 23:11

Ok thank you shall do all of that!
Your close to despair, im on the border line!

//EDIT

also you said about my launcher downloads should be empty, mines got aurora skies in there shall i delete it from there?

Currently updating my windows i had 2 important updates and 4 available updates!

ChantelleF
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 04 Jun 2013, 23:51

@ChantelleF wrote:Ok thank you shall do all of that!
Your close to despair, im on the border line!

//EDIT

also you said about my launcher downloads should be empty, mines got aurora skies in there shall i delete it from there?

Currently updating my windows i had 2 important updates and 4 available updates!

Yes sure, if you want, then delete it.
But the most important thing should be what I described in my last post Wink. So start a completely new savegame with no Custom Content.

OK, that's it for today. Good night !
Wink
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum