build mode not working

View previous topic View next topic Go down

build mode not working

Post by Sk8ErGuRl101 on Wed 29 May 2013, 19:05

I had every expansion except University up until yesterday. I got it and it worked fine but then when I went into build mode the building menu thing didnt come up. The little tabs just kinda flash. I dont know if this has something to do with university, aurora skies, or lucky palms (also got hose yesterday) so please help! I really wanna play!
Sk8ErGuRl101
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

Favourite games : Any and all Sims 3 games!, Final Fantasy, Skyrim, Assassins Creed series, minecraft, halo
Female Posts : 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: build mode not working

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 29 May 2013, 19:18

@Sk8ErGuRl101 wrote:I had every expansion except University up until yesterday. I got it and it worked fine but then when I went into build mode the building menu thing didnt come up. The little tabs just kinda flash. I dont know if this has something to do with university, aurora skies, or lucky palms (also got hose yesterday) so please help! I really wanna play!

Hello there,

Have you correctly applied the (latest) Ultimate fix ?

If that doesn't help, re-read this here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-29-09-2012
Epsecially #2 (DEP) and #3 (assigning more RAM to memory) could be useful. If you use the "4GB patch", though, you have to patch the TS3W.exe file in C:/Program files(x86)/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin (= the Sims 3 base game location).

Good luck for now!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14097

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sk8ErGuRl101 on Wed 29 May 2013, 20:12

Still not working Sad
Sk8ErGuRl101
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

Favourite games : Any and all Sims 3 games!, Final Fantasy, Skyrim, Assassins Creed series, minecraft, halo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 29 May 2013, 20:17

@Sk8ErGuRl101 wrote:Still not working Sad

Go to My documents/Electronic Arts and rename the folder "The Sims 3" (example: "The Sims 3_"). Now start the game; for now, you'll have to start a new savegame and your CC (including Aurora Skies & Lucky Palms) will be gone too. But just try a new savegame and see if the Build & Buy modes work.

If it does, we'll continue from there.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14097

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sk8ErGuRl101 on Wed 29 May 2013, 20:20

Nevermind! I figured it out, I needed to start the game with the TS3EP09 file.
Sk8ErGuRl101
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum