"The Sims 3 Has Stopped Working".

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"The Sims 3 Has Stopped Working".

Post by sims3hope on Sat 01 Jun 2013, 01:41

What do I do? It happens 30 seconds after game play.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
sims3hope
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows Vista

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Grand Theft Auto IV, COD Black Ops, Band of Brothers
Female Posts : 168

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "The Sims 3 Has Stopped Working".

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 01 Jun 2013, 01:45

@sims3hope wrote:What do I do? It happens 30 seconds after game play.

Hello there,

It might sound exaggerated, but try this: go to Documents/Electronic Arts/ and rename the folder with the name "The Sims 3" in any way you like (example: "The Sims 3_").

This will rule out any problems with mods, CC, or corrupt saves.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14087

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername on Sat 01 Jun 2013, 06:37

Also, are you getting any errors at all, other than the notification that the game has stopped working?
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher
Female Posts : 2043

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 02 Jun 2013, 05:08

@ Sims3hope:

After renaming that "Sims 3" folder you could also try the following: go to your OLD folder ("The Sims 3_"), then inside to the sub-folder "Saves". Do you see the name of your previous savegame ? It should be a folder with the name "(Name of your previous savegame).sims3".

Now you copy that folder into your NEW folder ("The Sims 3"), again into the sub-folder "Saves". Start the game, select your old save from the main menu and play on for a while.

If there are no problems, then what you have done is basically "re-stored" your old savefiles
Smile.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by sims3hope on Sun 02 Jun 2013, 14:45

Carlos G. wrote:@ Sims3hope:

After renaming that "Sims 3" folder you could also try the following: go to your OLD folder ("The Sims 3_"), then inside to the sub-folder "Saves". Do you see the name of your previous savegame ? It should be a folder with the name "(Name of your previous savegame).sims3".

Now you copy that folder into your NEW folder ("The Sims 3"), again into the sub-folder "Saves". Start the game, select your old save from the main menu and play on for a while.

If there are no problems, then what you have done is basically "re-stored" your old savefiles
Smile.

This got the game to work but I want my cc back.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
sims3hope
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows Vista

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Grand Theft Auto IV, COD Black Ops, Band of Brothers
Female Posts : 168

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 02 Jun 2013, 17:43

@sims3hope wrote:
This got the game to work but I want my cc back.

OK, looks like the problem was not your savefile(s).

As for your ".sims3pack" files, I suggest you go to your renamed Sims 3 folder ("The Sims 3_" - by the way, I hope you haven't deleted it in the meantime ?), then copy the following things:

-the folder "DCCache".
-the folder "Installed worlds".
-and the folder "Downloads".

Now you just paste these folders into your "new" Sims 3 folder ("The Sims 3"). Now your ".sims3packs" from before should be in the game again.

As for your ".package" files, it should be enough if you copy your "Mods" folder from your old Sims 3 folder to the new one. However, you might first want to check your ".packages" with a tool called "Delphy's Dashboard" (google for that); this will detect some corrupt or incompatible ".packages". Or you decide to be old-fashioned: you just put in one .package at a time and start the game to see if there are problems (this will take some time, dpending on how many .packages you have).

But what ".package" files do you actually have ? Do you only have clothes/hairstyles/makeup or what are the mods you are using ?

//EDIT
Keep in mind too that if you move your CC stuff back in you also have to delete the cache files (again); this is located in My documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3.

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails".

As for correctly setting-up the mod framework, have a look at your other topic here Wink. I decided it would be better not to merge the topics in this case.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum