the sims 3 order of installment

View previous topic View next topic Go down

the sims 3 order of installment

Post by afrokichi on Sun 05 Jun 2011, 22:10

I have a legit base game and I want to download the expansions. I downloaded HELS expansion first, followed directions with the installation guide. But when I tried to play it, it just wouldn't open at all. So I read somewhere here that I also have to download WA and ambitions. So I downloaded those and it still wouldn't work. Although I did have some problems applying the cracks/patches of the versions in the WA folder. Something about 'invalid file found' or 'file not found'.. it varies. Then I downloaded the ultimate fix files, still wouldn't start. Then I read http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly-must-read so I was like, oh man! So now I'm currently downloading Generation and have uninstalled absolutely everything. My question is, do I have to install these expansions in order? if so, what is the order? I couldn't seem to find it anywhere. and do I have to install everything? including, fast lane, late night, and outdoor living? I just wanted to have HELS really...

Thanks

afrokichi
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: the sims 3 order of installment

Post by Adwomin on Sun 05 Jun 2011, 22:16

Hello,

The only expansion you need, in order to make everything work, is Generations.
The order is exactly as described here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly-must-read

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by afrokichi on Sun 05 Jun 2011, 22:28

so if I only wants HELS, all other expansion I need is Generations? What about if I want only Ambitions? does it work the same way? the #Installation Guide PDF from ultimate fix folder implies that I need Late night and outdoor living stuff in order for the launcher to work though...

I'm also confused about the ultimate fix. It says I should replace the files that were from the appropriate folders first. then update the version from the launcher. Then open the crack folder then replace the same files that I replaced in the first step. Shouldn't it be the same if I just update the version, then just apply the cracks once? and it also says that if I have the retail version I shouldn't apply the crack the second time. the thing is the .application files in the crack folder and individual folders are the same no?

Oh and also, the numbered steps on the PDF, are those the order I should install them?

edit:

actually, ignore the question I have in the second paragraph. You made it explicit that it needs to be separated so I'm sure you have your reasons.

afrokichi
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Favorlock on Sun 05 Jun 2011, 22:43

Hi there afrokichi. So basically in order to make any expansion work you "Need" Generations in order to make them work without a problem. So if you want HELS only, then you need to install The Sims 3, then HELS and finally Generations and then apply the Generations crack only. This would work the same way if you wanted Ambitions as well. You install The Sims 3, then Ambition and finally Generations and apply the Generations crack only. Hope this helps.
Favorlock
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Minecraft
Male Posts : 354

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Sun 05 Jun 2011, 22:45

@afrokichi wrote:so if I only wants HELS, all other expansion I need is Generations? What about if I want only Ambitions? does it work the same way? the #Installation Guide PDF from ultimate fix folder implies that I need Late night and outdoor living stuff in order for the launcher to work though...

I'm also confused about the ultimate fix. It says I should replace the files that were from the appropriate folders first. then update the version from the launcher. Then open the crack folder then replace the same files that I replaced in the first step. Shouldn't it be the same if I just update the version, then just apply the cracks once? and it also says that if I have the retail version I shouldn't apply the crack the second time. the thing is the .application files in the crack folder and individual folders are the same no?

Oh and also, the numbered steps on the PDF, are those the order I should install them?

edit:

actually, ignore the question I have in the second paragraph. You made it explicit that it needs to be separated so I'm sure you have your reasons.
Hello,

Please download the LATEST version of the Fix. The instructions for that one have changed. (Read the instructions VERY carefully)
Doesn't matter which expansion(s) you install, Generations múst be installed in order to make it all work.
The order is as described here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly-must-read (At the step where it says to apply the Fix, follow the instructions that come with the Fix. When you're done with the Fix, continue the steps here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly-must-read)

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series

Back to top Go down

Post by afrokichi on Sun 05 Jun 2011, 22:48

so you can install Generations last?? aaaawwwhhh so there was no need for me to uninstall everythiing? bollocks. but then again as I was installing each at a different day, I applied cracks to each one. So it still wouldn't work would it? The Generations crack has to be applied to the base game folder right? I haven't finished downloading Generations so I havent read the installation guide but thats what I read in the other threads..

afrokichi
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Sun 05 Jun 2011, 22:50

@afrokichi wrote:so you can install Generations last?? aaaawwwhhh so there was no need for me to uninstall everythiing? bollocks. but then again as I was installing each at a different day, I applied cracks to each one. So it still wouldn't work would it? The Generations crack has to be applied to the base game folder right? I haven't finished downloading Generations so I havent read the installation guide but thats what I read in the other threads..
Hello,

Did you even read this: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly-must-read ?
It clearly says you need to install Generations after the base game, so second, not last.

Yes, the crack for Generations needs to be applied in the base game's game directory. But you only need to apply that one when you're done with everything else. Again, all described here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly-must-read

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by afrokichi on Sun 05 Jun 2011, 23:12

Yes I did read it but I read this. So that's why I asked.

[quote="Favorlock"]Hi there afrokichi. So basically in order to make any expansion work you "Need" Generations in order to make them work without a problem. So if you want HELS only, then you need to install The Sims 3, then HELS and finally Generations and then apply the Generations crack only. This would work the same way if you wanted Ambitions as well. You install The Sims 3, then Ambition and finally Generations and apply the Generations crack only. Hope this help

I'll wait for Generations to finish downloading and follow the directions exactly. Thanks for all your help Smile

afrokichi
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Favorlock on Sun 05 Jun 2011, 23:17

Admin, sorry to intrude but thats not the only correct way to install it. I installed generations last myself and it works just fine for me. I installed every game without cracking, while updating to the latest versions in order. I then applied the generations crack and it all still works.

Afro, feel free to try which ever way you prefer. If you want to install Generations right after the base game feel free, but thats not the only way to do it from my observations.
Favorlock
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by afrokichi on Sun 05 Jun 2011, 23:57

Thanks for you advice too Favorlock!

afrokichi
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Favorlock on Mon 06 Jun 2011, 00:13

No problem, good luck!
Favorlock
Extreme Poster
Extreme Poster

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Mon 06 Jun 2011, 11:43

@Favorlock wrote:Admin, sorry to intrude but thats not the only correct way to install it. I installed generations last myself and it works just fine for me. I installed every game without cracking, while updating to the latest versions in order. I then applied the generations crack and it all still works.

Afro, feel free to try which ever way you prefer. If you want to install Generations right after the base game feel free, but thats not the only way to do it from my observations.
Hello,

Yes, it dóés work, but the reason I say that you need to install Generations first, is because you then automatically will have the latest version of the game launcher. That helps saving a lot of time updating all the time.

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by afrokichi on Thu 09 Jun 2011, 14:39

Hi I've tried to install everything just like how the MUST READ guide says but when I'm trying to install WA with the installation guide, the launcher wouldn't start cuz the guide says to open it and update the version. and said that there was an error 'there was an error during startup. please see the log for details'. HELP PLEASE!

afrokichi
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Thu 09 Jun 2011, 17:45

@afrokichi wrote:Hi I've tried to install everything just like how the MUST READ guide says but when I'm trying to install WA with the installation guide, the launcher wouldn't start cuz the guide says to open it and update the version. and said that there was an error 'there was an error during startup. please see the log for details'. HELP PLEASE!
Hello,

The guide doesn't say anything about opening and updating before / after installing WA.
Or do you mean during the installation, the wizard tells you you need to update before you can continue?

If it's the first one, you should just continue installing all the other expansions you like.

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum