Taking HOURS for game to load. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Taking HOURS for game to load. [SOLVED]

Post by TashSim on Sun 02 Jun 2013, 07:36

My game loading time is extremely long, which is weird because it now takes hours to load, (the same amount of time it loaded when I used the compressorizer) and I have no clue on how I could fix it considering I've been trying to fix it all week. All my package files are compressed using ccmagic. This only happened recently (2 weeks ago) and it’s getting to the point where I can’t be bothered trying to find a solution anymore. I’ve tried merging, compressing, I also deleted A LOT of useless cc that I don’t even use…I need help desperately.

You guys are my last hope, Please let me know if you have any solutions to this irritating problem Sad

Last edited by TashSim on Sun 02 Jun 2013, 10:11; edited 1 time in total

— Ellie (The Last of Us)
TashSim
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Silent Hill Series, The Last Of Us
Female Posts : 78

View user profile http://simtasia.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Taking HOURS for game to load. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 02 Jun 2013, 09:37

@TashSim wrote:My game loading time is extremely long, which is weird because it now takes hours to load, (the same amount of time it loaded when I used the compressorizer) and I have no clue on how I could fix it considering I've been trying to fix it all week. All my package files are compressed using ccmagic. This only happened recently (2 weeks ago) and it’s getting to the point where I can’t be bothered trying to find a solution anymore. I’ve tried merging, compressing, I also deleted A LOT of useless cc that I don’t even use…I need help desperately.

You guys are my last hope, Please let me know if you have any solutions to this irritating problem Sad

Hello,

I suggest you go to My documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3. Inside that "Sims 3" folder, delete the following things:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

Start the game and see if this makes any difference. This "cache deleting" should be done regularly, but especially after (un-)installing mods or CC, patching the base game and installing an expansion.

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14091

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Taking HOURS for game to load. [SOLVED]

Post by TashSim on Sun 02 Jun 2013, 10:11

I figured out why this was happening. My mods folder was 16.5GB..Lol, I cleaned it and now its 2.82GB. Thank you for your help though. I really appreciate it, Have a nice day!! Smile

Helper edit: Alright, then. I'm glad it worked out. Happy simming!
I will close this topic now.

- Carlos G.

— Ellie (The Last of Us)
TashSim
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Silent Hill Series, The Last Of Us
Female Posts : 78