No violin, archery,etc in buy mode

View previous topic View next topic Go down

No violin, archery,etc in buy mode

Post by Karenev56 on Sun 02 Jun 2013, 23:07

I needed to uninstall and reinstall the Faire--uninstalled through launcher, deleted caches, deleted from downloads. But when I try to reinstall always says "already installed". Have searched all my files and no mention of the faire in any of them. Do I need to uninstall and reinstall Dragon Valley (which is working perfectly)? Also no archery, grills, violin, etc showing up in buy mode. Thanks in advance. Only have two of Twallan's mods installed, hardly any CC (from a long time ago--mostly hairs).

Have updated KT's fixes and have them in both overrides and package folders in mods. Do I need to go to a previously saved game (and how do I do that?)?

Any help appreciated!

Karenev56
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No violin, archery,etc in buy mode

Post by Shamrock on Sat 15 Jun 2013, 17:12

Sorry, it seems we forgot you... Embarassed
Best guess would be wait for G4TW mediafire replacement and then download from there!

Shamrock  

Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
Shamrock
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No violin, archery,etc in buy mode

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 16 Jun 2013, 03:33

Karenev56 wrote: Do I need to go to a previously saved game (and how do I do that?)?

Hello,

I'm not sure if this is going to help; like Shamrock said, most likely you need new "store fixes".

About the previous savegame: I strongly suggest you regularly back up your savefiles - in Windows they are in My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and then the folder with the name "Saves". Inside, there you should find

1) a folder with the name (Name of your savegame).sims3 ------------> this is your "primary" savefile; if you want to load a previous savegame, then copy the whole folder from your backup location to
My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and just select "replace all".

2) and possibly another folder with the name (Name of your savegame).sims3.backup ------------> this is basically the same as the folder above; if you remove the "backup" ending of that folder, you can use it as a savefile too. You get that folder if you "Save" the game (by the way, I do not recommend using the options "Save and quit" and "Save as...". Only use the option "Save" and then quit without saving). If there is NO such folder, then it's fine too - as long as you have the folder in 1).

Of course, you should make sure to backup your saves to places like external drives or USB-sticks.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14462

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum