Custom Content Issues

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Custom Content Issues

Post by chelsea_hale63 on Wed 05 Jun 2013, 16:54

So I've installed the Sims 3 with the ultimate fix and it worked great up until I put in custom content. When I put in the custom content, a couple things would happen. In Create A Sim, if I didn't wait for everything to load the game would crash immediately. When I would wait for everything and I mean everything in Create A Sim to load and manage to get to actually play the game if I entered into Buy Mode (and only Buy Mode), the game would become unresponsive but still be playing the background music and I would be forced to shut down my computer completely.

I removed the custom content and sure enough the game worked great. However I really would like to play with custom content so my question for you all is, is there anyway to sort through the custom content and figure out what is messing up the game or am I just going to have to go through it one by one?

Thanks so much!

chelsea_hale63
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Custom Content Issues

Post by Shamrock on Wed 05 Jun 2013, 17:06

Yep, you'll have to go through them all! But not necessarily one by one.
First, create three folders: one for the working mods, one for the you-don't-know-whether-they-are-all-working, and a third one for the working mods (this will get clearer, hopefully).
Then take half your mods, and put them in the second folder. Then test your game.
¤ If it runs smoothly, you're in luck! You can put all of the mods from your game folder to the "working" folder. Then repeat the process with the pack left in the middle folder (cut it in half, test it) and so on until you only have the non working mods.
¤ If it doesn't change, it means conflicting mods are inside. So repeat the process until you find the conflicting mods!

This method has a benefit: if you find a pack that is running smoothly with the game, you can put them all in the "working" folder and that will earn time!

Shamrock  

Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
Shamrock
Forum Moderator
Taking care of the Forum
Forum Moderator Taking care of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum