game crashes after a couple of minutes. could use an expert or two :D

View previous topic View next topic Go down

game crashes after a couple of minutes. could use an expert or two :D

Post by michipotz on Mon 10 Jun 2013, 19:26

hello guys im really sorry for the bother but i came to the point where i dont know what else to do about this crashing issue that i have. i hope to God somebody can help me with this because im at the end of my rope lol Very Happy

so the issue im having is pretty common after reading a couple of threads here, 15-20 mins into the game it crashes. i've tried literally everything that i read on the official games4theworld help thread about in game issues? but to no avail. im using a laptop and here are the specs:

window 7 home premium 64-bit
processor: intel core i5-2450m CPU @ 2.50ghz (i even tried overclocking to 3.10ghz, the game still says no lol)
memory : 4096mb ram
video card : NVIDIA GeForce 410M

i ran the "caniplayit?" application as per the official steps and my laptop did well, put all the exe files on that DEP thing which is the first time i had to do for any game,i even did the 4gb memory thing even though im at 64bit, and i play all kindsa stuff like dead space 3,civilization 5,mmorpg etc. and its kinda weirding me out now.

btw i only have the base game, world adventures, ambitions and seasons for now, im still in the middle of downloading university life.

i did as i was told, i got the manual patch and the ultimate fix and followed the instructions to the T. and the game worked, it launches fine, gives me the "graphic driver not recognized, running the game at the highest quality" or something like that. the game works fine even at the highest setting, i experience no lag, but after 15~20 mins. it crashes. i lowered all the settings ingame, still the same. i ran the game in the recommended settings (windows xp service pack 2) and in administrator mode, still the same. i even uninstalled everything, went to regedit and deleted everything,i made a backup of my save (just the save folder). and then installed everything all over again, did the manual patch and ultimate fix again, the game ran good but still the same crashing problem.

and one final note, the base game and the world adventures i downloaded was not from games4theworld does that affect anything?
does anyone think defragmenting helps at all?because i havent done it in a year or so..


for now im all pooped out(lol) spent the whole day braving through crashes and kinda not minding it but the longer i play, the more annoying it gets. thank you thank you thank you from the bottom of my heart to all that will reply to this post! i surely hope i can play sims without it autoclosing because i really looooove this game T_T. thanks again guys!! (sorry for the long post lol)
avatar
michipotz
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 6
Points : 1536
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: game crashes after a couple of minutes. could use an expert or two :D

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 10 Jun 2013, 23:04

@michipotz wrote:hello guys im really sorry for the bother but i came to the point where i dont know what else to do about this crashing issue that i have. i hope to God somebody can help me with this because im at the end of my rope lol Very Happy

so the issue im having is pretty common after reading a couple of threads here, 15-20 mins into the game it crashes. i've tried literally everything that i read on the official games4theworld help thread about in game issues? but to no avail. im using a laptop and here are the specs:

window 7 home premium 64-bit
processor: intel core i5-2450m CPU @ 2.50ghz (i even tried overclocking to 3.10ghz, the game still says no lol)
memory : 4096mb ram
video card : NVIDIA GeForce 410M

i ran the "caniplayit?" application as per the official steps and my laptop did well, put all the exe files on that DEP thing which is the first time i had to do for any game,i even did the 4gb memory thing even though im at 64bit, and i play all kindsa stuff like dead space 3,civilization 5,mmorpg etc. and its kinda weirding me out now.

btw i only have the base game, world adventures, ambitions and seasons for now, im still in the middle of downloading university life.

i did as i was told, i got the manual patch and the ultimate fix and followed the instructions to the T. and the game worked, it launches fine, gives me the "graphic driver not recognized, running the game at the highest quality" or something like that. the game works fine even at the highest setting, i experience no lag, but after 15~20 mins. it crashes. i lowered all the settings ingame, still the same. i ran the game in the recommended settings (windows xp service pack 2) and in administrator mode, still the same. i even uninstalled everything, went to regedit and deleted everything,i made a backup of my save (just the save folder). and then installed everything all over again, did the manual patch and ultimate fix again, the game ran good but still the same crashing problem.

and one final note, the base game and the world adventures i downloaded was not from games4theworld does that affect anything?
does anyone think defragmenting helps at all?because i havent done it in a year or so..


for now im all pooped out(lol) spent the whole day braving through crashes and kinda not minding it but the longer i play, the more annoying it gets. thank you thank you thank you from the bottom of my heart to all that will reply to this post! i surely hope i can play sims without it autoclosing because i really looooove this game T_T. thanks again guys!! (sorry for the long post lol)

Hello,

Did you look at this here already? http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-29-09-2012

Look at #2 (deactivating DEP) and #3 (Assigning more RAM memory). If you use the 4 GB patch, please patch the TS3W.exe in the Sims 3 base game location.

Also, after every crash, please delete the contents of the folder "Currentgame.sims3" (My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3).

And are you using any mods or "custom content" ? (= did you install files either in ".sims3pack" or ".package" format ?)
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14068
Points : 18664
Reputation : 1982
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: game crashes after a couple of minutes. could use an expert or two :D

Post by Adwomin on Mon 10 Jun 2013, 23:07

Hello there,

Welcome to the Games4theworld Forum!
No, don't bother with defragmenting. It won't change much, since you're using W7 anyway.

Let's see... back up and remove this folder: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\

Now, open up the game and go to the in-game Settings. In the third tab, turn off "Store mode", or something like that.
Now go to the Graphics tab and turn off all the "Smooth rendering" options, and things like that and do lower all graphic sliders!

Close your game again and run the game via GameBooster: www.iobit.com/gamebooster.php

Good luck and please let us know the result!

Ps. Laptops generally aren't made for playing games, keep that in mind.

_________________
Bonsoir, friend.


~ Nobody's gril. ~
avatar
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211
Points : 1026347
Reputation : 2242
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 15
Location : Del Perro Heights

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Re: game crashes after a couple of minutes. could use an expert or two :D

Post by michipotz on Mon 10 Jun 2013, 23:24

Carlos G. wrote:
Also, after every crash, please delete the contents of the folder "Currentgame.sims3" (My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3).

And are you using any mods or "custom content" ? (= did you install files either in ".sims3pack" or ".package" format ?)

no mods and custom contents. im trying to tackle one problem at a time hahaha... i checked inside the "currentgame.sims3" folder and theres nothing there..


//EDIT

Admin wrote:
Let's see... back up and remove this folder: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\

Now, open up the game and go to the in-game Settings. In the third tab, turn off "Store mode", or something like that.
Now go to the Graphics tab and turn off all the "Smooth rendering" options, and things like that and do lower all graphic sliders!

Close your game again and run the game via GameBooster:
Good luck and please let us know the result!

Ps. Laptops generally aren't made for playing games, keep that in mind.

does
this mean i will not be able to play my saved game anymore? T_T
currently trying though.. ill post in about 30~1 hour. thanks a bunch
for the replies! ^___^
avatar
michipotz
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 6
Points : 1536
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: game crashes after a couple of minutes. could use an expert or two :D

Post by Adwomin on Mon 10 Jun 2013, 23:30

Hello,

That's correct, but that's why you have to back up the files you're going to remove. (So we can put them back later, we'll get to that)

_________________
Bonsoir, friend.


~ Nobody's gril. ~
avatar
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211
Points : 1026347
Reputation : 2242
Join date : 2010-03-12
Age : 15
Location : Del Perro Heights

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Re: game crashes after a couple of minutes. could use an expert or two :D

Post by michipotz on Tue 11 Jun 2013, 00:11

ok i tried playing a new game using the razer game booster and no crashes so far. what should i do next? can i try my saved game now? ^____^ i really want to finish my house! lol
avatar
michipotz
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 6
Points : 1536
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: game crashes after a couple of minutes. could use an expert or two :D

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 13 Jun 2013, 21:20

@michipotz wrote:ok i tried playing a new game using the razer game booster and no crashes so far. what should i do next? can i try my saved game now? ^____^  i really want to finish my house! lol

Sorry for the delay, but yes, you might want to try putting your old savefiles from the backup into the NEW "The Sims 3"-folder. (look for a folder called "Saves" and just copy + paste the whole folder).

If you then encounter problems with the old save, then something might indeed be wrong with them.
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14068
Points : 18664
Reputation : 1982
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: game crashes after a couple of minutes. could use an expert or two :D

Post by Aɾყα on Thu 13 Jun 2013, 22:53

Hello,


If your old save gives you trouble, Errortrap might fix it.

_________________




"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

avatar
Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15105
Points : 20010
Reputation : 1430
Join date : 2011-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: game crashes after a couple of minutes. could use an expert or two :D

Post by michipotz on Fri 14 Jun 2013, 07:02

hey guys thanks for the reply ive been busy this past days i havent had the chance to play the game for a long period of time, but ever since i did what you told me to i havent encountered a crash yet! and im such a happy camper now! lol. i was checking this post every other hour or so but trying not to post about the no crash cuz i was trying not to jinx it but i think now its safe to say that whatever we did, it might be the sim store items i turned off, or the game booster thing but its working now! let me give you an all caps THANK YOU GUYS!!! now if you could point me to the direction of a mod/cc thread that would be great because i have absolutely no clue how with the sims. i did mods with skyrim though so im not totally clueless about the idea.. again hats off to you guys and keep up the good work! Very Happy:D:D
avatar
michipotz
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 6
Points : 1536
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: game crashes after a couple of minutes. could use an expert or two :D

Post by Aɾყα on Fri 14 Jun 2013, 09:16

Hello,


It depends on what you're looking for, this site has an interesting collection of mods that change minor and major things about gameplay, options and control.
This site has mods as well, but CC too.

This site has the framework you need to use package files.

_________________




"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

avatar
Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15105
Points : 20010
Reputation : 1430
Join date : 2011-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: game crashes after a couple of minutes. could use an expert or two :D

Post by michipotz on Fri 14 Jun 2013, 11:16

thanks a bunch! im checking those sites as i type. again thank you guys you are all awesome! i may stick to cc for now to avoid crashing my game. ^____^
avatar
michipotz
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 6
Points : 1536
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-06-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum