Please help.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Please help.

Post by FrankieUK on Thu 13 Jun 2013, 03:54

Hello i have been having a lot of problems, i bought the sims 3 with late night, seasons, and design and hightech stuff pack (all in 1 it was on sale) from Origin

Anyway i can't help but feel the way they arrange the files are different to the CD version of the game has anyone noticed this?.

Anyway, i downloaded some packs some more expansions and i couldn't get it to word with the origin game and i still can't, the setup starts up for example with super natural, the game sets up then the progress bar shoots across like lightning saying installation complete BUT its not complete, it installs some help folder and files, the origin setup file and a few other random things, why is this?.

I installed the katy perry stuff pack with no problems, can someone help.

Sorry if this is the wrong section im new Very Happy

//EDIT

Also, i downloaded a deluxe edition of the game from a website and that installed loads of games for me, it was like an all in one installation, the game ran perfect BUT once i install another expansion, i get an error and blah blah, but this is not my problem i gave up this this.

Last edited by FrankieUK on Thu 13 Jun 2013, 04:07; edited 1 time in total

FrankieUK
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please help.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 13 Jun 2013, 20:18

@FrankieUK wrote:Hello i have been having a lot of problems, i bought the sims 3 with late night, seasons, and design and hightech stuff pack (all in 1 it was on sale) from Origin

Anyway i can't help but feel the way they arrange the files are different to the CD version of the game has anyone noticed this?.

Anyway, i downloaded some packs some more expansions and i couldn't get it to word with the origin game and i still can't, the setup starts up for example with super natural, the game sets up then the progress bar shoots across like lightning saying installation complete BUT its not complete, it installs some help folder and files, the origin setup file and a few other random things, why is this?.

I installed the katy perry stuff pack with no problems, can someone help.

Sorry if this is the wrong section im new Very Happy

//EDIT

Also, i downloaded a deluxe edition of the game from a website and that installed loads of games for me, it was like an all in one installation, the game ran perfect BUT once i install another expansion, i get an error and blah blah, but this is not my problem i gave up this this.

Hello there,

No, this is not the wrong section, but I'm afraid you have some work to do in order to get the game working.

First of all, these "collections" of Sims 3 games may not work with the cracks from "Games4theWorld". So I suggest you make sure to un-install all of this completely. As a first guideline, you may have a look at this here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall
I'm not sure, though, if this article also applies to the "collection-versions" of The Sims 3, which means you may have to google for additional info on that.

OK, as soon as you managed to do a clean-uninstall, I suggest you go here: http://games4theworld.org/downloads.html
And download the base game and expansions via Bittorrent - all separately.

After downloading, have another look at this here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

How I would install the all separately downloaded base game and the expansions ?

1) Install base game
2) Apply that big manual patch (latest version 1.50 - see the link above on "how to install The Sims 3 correctly")
3) Install all expansions you want
4) Re-apply that big manual patch (even if it says that "your game is update already" !!!)
5) Apply the Ultimate fix (again, see the link above
on "how to install The Sims 3 correctly")

For the Ultimate fix it is enough that you use the 2 files from the #crack sub-folder. Copy them to the right place (please read the instructions very carefully) and replace the existing two files.

That seems like a lot of information, but you should consider it.

Good luck for now !
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14091

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Please help.

Post by FrankieUK on Thu 13 Jun 2013, 20:44

Thank you for helping and thanks for the hard work, i will do all this now, thanks again!

FrankieUK
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum