Sims 3 Error

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Error

Post by MaidOfTime on Fri 14 Jun 2013, 08:30

Whenever I load up the launcher I get an error that says "There was an error during start up"

and then if I run the solo application, I recive a message that says "service imitation failed 0x0175dcbb"

I have tried everything, with the exception of reinstalling (which I would like to avoid).
Here are some things to note 
-I installed these all on an external hardrive, and I have no idea how to regedit those codes (Nor am I familar with that program) 
-I did have an error with one of the object packs (70s stuff), and had to close out of the instalation before it updated. 
-Windows 7 user
-All expansions and packs besides the one released yesterday
-Only so much amount of computer knowledge to my hand. 

I have tried everything, or at least to my knowledge have tried everything.

I have read the "must read how to install sims 3" as well, but if I'm missing something let me know.

Helper edit: Topic moved to "The Sims (3) in-game problems".

- Carlos G.
MaidOfTime
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Error

Post by Aɾყα on Fri 14 Jun 2013, 09:07

Hello,

I suspect that your external drive was assigned a new drive letter after the installation. In that case, the registry entries can't be found when you try to launch the game, resulting in this error.
Do you remember which drive letter it had when you installed?

"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15105

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MaidOfTime on Fri 14 Jun 2013, 10:46

I installed it to my external hardrive, which is in the F drive for the main computer.

If anything, I may just install the sims games on a new desktop I'll be getting in a month or so, as that will hold a TB over the 250gb I have on this laptop (The hardrive is 800gb Very Happy)
MaidOfTime
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 15 Jun 2013, 03:37

@MaidOfTime wrote:Whenever I load up the launcher I get an error that says "There was an error during start up"

and then if I run the solo application, I recive a message that says "service imitation failed 0x0175dcbb"

I have tried everything, with the exception of reinstalling (which I would like to avoid).
Here are some things to note 
-I installed these all on an external hardrive, and I have no idea how to regedit those codes (Nor am I familar with that program) 
-I did have an error with one of the object packs (70s stuff), and had to close out of the instalation before it updated. 
-Windows 7 user
-All expansions and packs besides the one released yesterday
-Only so much amount of computer knowledge to my hand. 

I have tried everything, or at least to my knowledge have tried everything.

I have read the "must read how to install sims 3" as well, but if I'm missing something let me know.

Hello,

If you really want to install your Sims 3 base game and your expansions on an external drive, then you should keep in mind that your "The Sims 3" folder with all your saves, custom content and mods will still be in your "main hard-drive" (in Windows normally "C:\").

So you always have to make sure that you don't plug out the external drive while the computer is on (like Lady ElDi said this can change the drive letter and lead to this error). Equally important is this here: always make sure to have several GB of filespace available in your main hard-drive, in order for the computer to work properly. Depending on how many savefiles, mods and custom content you have, you should add several extra GB too.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14091

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum