No text

View previous topic View next topic Go down

No text

Post by xhassiox on Fri 14 Jun 2013, 23:32

Hello there,

Everytime I start up The Sims 3, no text appears. The start button doesn't function either. 
An example:
Spoiler:
I've tried everything and I've done everything correctly. I re-installed it a few times. Applied the Ultimate Fix.                               My game version is 1.50.02... 
I've searched it on the forums and came across a thread about the same issue.
The person managed to fix it, but didn't tell us how he or she did.
Thanks in advance.

xhassiox
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: No text

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 15 Jun 2013, 00:19

Hello there,

What I would first try is this: in Windows, go to the following location: My Documents/Electronic Arts and find a folder with the name "The Sims 3". Rename that folder in any way you like (for example: "The Sims 3_"). From now on, DO NOT TOUCH this folder anymore Wink.

Now you go on with un-installing again. For a start, have a look at this guide here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall

Please make sure to follow the instructions as precisely as possible; and you should also delete the registry entries manually (= I don't recommend using tools like "CCleaner").

OK, now you (of course) re-install everything again.

After all of this start the game and see if this changed anything. You will realise that your old saves and mods/CC are gone (for now), so start a completely new savegame. If you really want to put back in your old stuff (saves, mods, custom content), then we will get to that later, but for now make sure to rename that "The Sims 3" folder, then do a clean un-install.

One more thing: while I don't know what caused this, I have one question: BEFORE this happened, did you realise any "problems" in your game - before you saved ? If you see that your game has some serious bugs (I cannot give you any specific examples now) then you should "quit the game without saving". Yes, you will lose some progress, but after starting the game next time, there is a chance that you still can get the game working.

Last edited by Carlos G. on Sat 15 Jun 2013, 00:56; edited 3 times in total

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xhassiox on Sat 15 Jun 2013, 00:54

Carlos G. wrote:Hello there,

What I would first try is this: in Windows, go to the following location: My Documents/Electronic Arts and find a folder with the name "The Sims 3". Rename that folder in any way you like (for example: "The Sims 3_"). From now on, DO NOT TOUCH this folder anymore Wink.

Now you go on with un-installing again. For a start, have a look at this guide here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall

Please make sure to follow the instructions as precisely as possible; and you should also delete the registry entries manually (= I don't recoomend using tools like CCleaner).

OK, now you (of course) re-install everything again.

After all of this start the game and see if this changed anything. You will realise that your old saves and mods/CC are gone (for now), so start a completely new savegame. If you really want to put back in your old stuff (saves, mods, custom content), then we will get to that later, but for now make sure to rename that "The Sims 3" folder, then do a clean un-install.

One more thing: while I don't know what caused this, I have one question: BEFORE this happened, did you realise any "problems" in your game - before you saved ? If you see that your game has some serious bugs (I cannot give you any specific examples now) then you should "quit the game without saving". Yes, you will lose some progress, but after starting the game next time, there is a chance that you still can get the game working.
Thank you for your reply.
I was able to play once ( before updating the game to version 1.50.02.. ) and it worked fine.                                                   After updating the game to version 1.50.02.. it started causing issues. Anyways I'll try this tomorrow. Thanks!  Smile

xhassiox
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 15 Jun 2013, 01:33

@xhassiox wrote:Thank you for your reply.
I was able to play once ( before updating the game to version 1.50.02.. ) and it worked fine. After updating the game to version 1.50.02.. it started causing issues. Anyways I'll try this tomorrow. Thanks!  Smile

Hello,

What I forgot to mention before: after un-installing, some of the other Helpers suggest to re-boot the computer, before re-installing all the stuff. As far as I am concerned, I also had lots of users who didn't restart - and still got the game working. But as this doesn't really hurt, you may re-start the computer too Wink.

Yes, about the user who seemed to have his/her problem solved...well, not all people here give us feedback about their progress, unfortunately. 

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xhassiox on Sun 16 Jun 2013, 22:00

Hey there,

Today I tried this and it didn't work. I still have the same issue. Have you got any ideas what I can do? Otherwise I'll have to wait for the next patch.

xhassiox
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 16 Jun 2013, 23:23

@xhassiox wrote:

Hey there,

Today I tried this and it didn't work. I still have the same issue. Have you got any ideas what I can do? Otherwise I'll have to wait for the next patch.

Hello again,

Sorry to hear that this didn't work. But OK, if you are willing to spend some more time on this, then repeat the process of un-installing (the same as above). But when you re-install the BASE GAME, you should get an option to select a language - there you select "English". Remember that AFTER THAT, when you install expansions, you will not get the option to choose the language before installation anymore; this means that the expansions will have the same language as the base game (unless you change some registry settings, but this is not relevant here).

There are similar problems (with the missing interface) for people who have non-English versions of the game; while this may not be a perfect solution, you should give it a try.

//EDIT

By the way: where did you download your Sims 3 games from ? If you haven't done this already, I suggest you go to http://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html

There you download the base game and the expansions (via Bittorrent) all separately. Please, never install your Sims 3 games from these "collections" (BlackBox, or whatever names they may have).

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by xhassiox on Mon 17 Jun 2013, 22:47

Hey there,

I've downloaded all the sims from the G4TW torrents.
I'll try to re-install and inform you if it worked or not.
Thansk for your time by the way. 

EDIT: I've tried a fresh install and it didn't work. I changed the language to English and it didn't fix the problem. I guess I'll have to wait for an update.

xhassiox
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 18 Jun 2013, 02:30

@xhassiox wrote:Hey there,

I've downloaded all the sims from the G4TW torrents.
I'll try to re-install and inform you if it worked or not.
Thansk for your time by the way. 

EDIT: I've tried a fresh install and it didn't work. I changed the language to English and it didn't fix the problem. I guess I'll have to wait for an update.

Hello again,

I know I'm repeating myself, but before un-installing you have made sure to rename the folder "The Sims 3" (in My Documents/Electronic Arts) ?

Otherwise, I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful - and I'm not sure if a new patch can or will correct these errors No.

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum