New to downloading torrents... please help (no way to open expansion files, not zipped...)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New to downloading torrents... please help (no way to open expansion files, not zipped...)

Post by Arrgghhhhelllpp on Sat 15 Jun - 0:29

I downloaded the Sims 3 through amazon (so I guess I downloaded it with origin, since it's installed on my computer), and have the Sims 3 Pets on disk.  

I decided to download expansions via thepiratebay, and ended up using utorrent to download Seasons, University Life, and Ambitions.  Unfortunately, I cannot find a way to do anything with the files!  They won't open or give me any option to install, and they don't show as being zipped.  

They are on my desktop, and when I placed them there I renamed the files - I don't know if that would cause any problems?

Assuming they downloaded correctly (which I'm pretty sure they did not...), I don't understand where to put them or anything...

I am sorry - I'm a complete newbie to this stuff, and have no idea what is going on.  Someone please help!!!

Arrgghhhhelllpp
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New to downloading torrents... please help (no way to open expansion files, not zipped...)

Post by V10R37 on Sat 15 Jun - 0:52

It is possible that you removed the extension of the file when you renamed it? It should be ".rar".
V10R37
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Euro Truck Simulator 2; Hearthstone
Male Posts : 274

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: New to downloading torrents... please help (no way to open expansion files, not zipped...)

Post by invalidusername on Sat 15 Jun - 5:07

Try right clicking and selecting "run with...", then choose winrar (or whatever other program you choose to use)
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher
Female Posts : 2043

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yukitaka on Wed 19 Jun - 8:56

You already try to use 7zip? Some "zip" files can only been extracted with 7zip.
I don't really like 7zip, bu what can I do if it works? Rolling Eyes
Yukitaka
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Rocksmith, Mass Effect Trilogy, F1 2012, Euro Truck Simulator 2, Chrono Cross
Male Posts : 4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 19 Jun - 8:59

@Yukitaka wrote:You already try to use 7zip? Some "zip" files can only been extracted with 7zip.
I don't really like 7zip, bu what can I do if it works? Rolling Eyes

Hello,

We actually recommend opening .RAR files with WinRAR ONLY Wink.

If you use other programs, then there is a chance that the contents can get corrupted when extracting.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14068

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum