Sims 3 - sort of works at startup but missing critical arts assets, followed by crash

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 - sort of works at startup but missing critical arts assets, followed by crash

Post by CaptainNemo on Sun 16 Jun 2013, 08:10

Hello,

I have been working on getting the Sims 3 working for a while now and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. I'm running a Solid State, so my preference would be geared toward working with what I have - and I replaced all original files so my source should be irrelevant before having gotten the fix (the ultimate fix posted on this site).

Anyhow, when I load the Sims via TS3W.exe, It seems to work at startup with the notable exception that it is missing most art assets. This continues through some field I am guessing is related to login or naming something (before the township select screen) but I cannot see the labels and therefore have no clue. The game reliably crashes upon attempting to load Twinbrook, though I am relatively certain this would happen with any township I load.

I have no previous saves and as far as the Sims 3 should be concerned, I have no history on this particular system. Any assistance is appreciated. Many thanks.

I am running W7 64x and the following:
S3 Vanilla
S3 Generations
S3 Pets
S3 Seasons
S3 World Adventures
S3 Ambitions
S3 Supernatural
S3 Fast Lane
S3 Town Life
S3 Late Night

CaptainNemo
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 - sort of works at startup but missing critical arts assets, followed by crash

Post by Shamrock on Sun 16 Jun 2013, 10:32

What is Sims 3 Vanilla??
And what is a Solid State? Sorry Embarassed

Shamrock  

Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
Shamrock
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 - sort of works at startup but missing critical arts assets, followed by crash

Post by CaptainNemo on Sun 16 Jun 2013, 22:00

Sims 3 Vanilla = Original Sims 3. I do that for the sake of specifity. Just like, Vanilla Starcraft is Starcraft, not Brood War.
As for Solid State - that's a type of hard drive. Solid State Drive. 

Anyhow, I was hoping someone could help me get to the bottom of this :\

CaptainNemo
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername on Mon 17 Jun 2013, 03:10

Could you get a screenshot of the problem?

Is your game installed in a language other than English?
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher
Female Posts : 2043

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainNemo on Mon 17 Jun 2013, 03:23

It is in English, and the other details:

After the last one, it crashes (I can't tell atm, but the last should be it loading into twinbrook then crashing)

CaptainNemo
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername on Mon 17 Jun 2013, 06:21

This is (mostly) a common problem. However, that last screenshot is a little worrying. It's bringing up two pages, the loading screen, and the user interface.

Just to clarify some details, this is the very first install of sims 3 on this computer? And it's never worked properly?

Also, were your games downloaded in a "complete" package, by any chance?
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher
Female Posts : 2043

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainNemo on Mon 17 Jun 2013, 20:52

First installation. I did start the Sims after WA, but I've added more expansions since (no save file, however).

It worked properly then - but I was working solely from Reloaded releases (I would probably have stuck with them, except I couldn't get good seeds or find them for many of the x-packs)

Nope. I got them from some mixed sources, however, none of them hack anything except those files you included the originals for. Reloaded, Vitality, and G4TW.

My sole guess is that a patch I applied outside of the one included might be to blame. I may have to reinstall :\

CaptainNemo
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum