Launcher Crashing problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Launcher Crashing problem

Post by Crissu xD on Sun 16 Jun 2013, 15:54

I have a problem with the Launcher. I have lots of custom content installed as sims3pack, and now I want to get rid of most of them , but everytime I click "installed content", I get the "Sims 3 launcher has stopped working" error. This happens only when I click this category, the updates, downloads, uploads work just fine. Suggestions , anybody? Thanks alot Smile
Crissu xD
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : The Sims 3
Female Posts : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Launcher Crashing problem

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 16 Jun 2013, 23:33

@Crissu xD wrote:I have a problem with the Launcher. I have lots of custom content installed as sims3pack, and now I want to get rid of most of them , but everytime I click "installed content", I get the "Sims 3 launcher has stopped working" error. This happens only when I click this category, the updates, downloads, uploads work just fine. Suggestions , anybody? Thanks alot Smile

Hello there,

Have a look at this here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t2208-sims3pack-installed-world-inaccessible-or-wont-install-fix

If you follow these instructions, it will (hopefully) remove ALL of your ".sims3packs". However, if you just want to un-install a few "particular" .sims3packs, I'm not sure if this is possible without the launcher - maybe it's possible when you install the stuff with "CC Magic".

Then you might re-install the stuff again. By the way: what was the last thing you added as a ".sims3pack", BEFORE you got this problem ? Maybe that item is corrupted.

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14087

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Launcher Crashing problem

Post by Crissu xD on Mon 17 Jun 2013, 19:32

Thank you for your help! I finally found some kind of solution. I still get this annyoing error, but I just ignore it and continue uninstalling the stuff I want to. Thanks again! Smile
Crissu xD
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : The Sims 3
Female Posts : 22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top