Exception Raised after update version

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Exception Raised after update version

Post by lalaaabim on Tue 18 Jun 2013, 03:18

First of all, i update the version and patch from the launchpad and then the game wouldn't working. So, i search my problem in the internet, here actually, and i download  the_sim3_fix_mac then replace the ts3.exe ts3w.exe and ts3host.dll and so i get the exception raised. (PS:mine mac actually)

HELPPP MEEE PLEAASEEE!!!!!!!

lalaaabim
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Exception Raised after update version

Post by Shamrock on Tue 18 Jun 2013, 10:00

Download the MAC Ultimate Fix, and follow the instructions inside!

Shamrock  

Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
Shamrock
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by lalaaabim on Thu 20 Jun 2013, 12:56

i think thats the same file

lalaaabim
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe on Thu 20 Jun 2013, 17:23

Hello,

Excaption raised is a common problem on Mac, and sometimes we can't solve it as lazy EA haen' and won't create a patch for it.

The things you can do is, making sure your game is up-to-date and cracked with Ultimate Fix. Also not having mods and custom contents in your game folders. Just check your game again with these facts and let us know.

Super Spammer

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo
Female Posts : 783

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jpkid888 on Fri 21 Jun 2013, 00:37

I'm having a similar problem. I took a screenshot of the error (as you can see, this website it behind it).

I've downloaded the Sims 3 along with pre-installed expansions from Pirate Bay. The uploader told us to use the Ultimate Fix (which does not seem to be working like it claims to). I've followed all of the instructions for the Ultimate Fix and have done them many different ways, all resulting in 0 playing time... I even went to the YouTube video for help (which showed a Windows, not a MAC) and tried copying the same process, but to no avail.

I hope you can help us!!!! I really want to play Sims 3!

jpkid888
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe on Fri 21 Jun 2013, 14:25

Hello jpkid888,

I am sorry for you to have this problem, but you need to know first what this problem means, and what can you do.

First of all, Ultimate Fix is WORKING. It isn't about Ultimate Fix, otherwise no one couldn't play the Sims 3 on Mac, but we all can play it. 

As I explained it before, Exception raised problem is commonly seen on Macs, and sometimes can't be solved with possible solutions for everyone. Because The Sims 3, I want to be clear and say it simple as I don't know the technical stuff much, isn't created for Mac. It's a PC game, and EA only converted it for Mac, not re-constructed it as they should have. Because Mac works in a different way than a PC and it means it needs a special arrangements for Pc games, especially if it's The Sims 3 we're talking about, the most "bugges" game ever.. 

People are dealing with this problem for 5 years now, and EA hasn't come with a solution yet. They don't help Mac users, or didn't develop a patch for it. So there is a chance that you can never solve this problem.

But of course there are some ways, possible solutions may help you:

Be sure that your game is patched with latest patch, and if you can't patch it from launcher you can patch it manually by downloading the patch from here.
And of course use Ultimate Fix as the guide in it explains.

Also, in this post there are lots of good suggestions. Please try them and if they don't work (as I said before, it's likely) try installing Windows on your Mac with possible programs around.

Good luck!

Super Spammer

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by theindiecity on Fri 21 Jun 2013, 16:21

I also want to add that, if you are using any mods in your game, you need to make sure they've been updated to work with the new patch you've installed for the game. I found that I had a lot of random problems because I would always update my game to the newest version but I never updated the mods along with it. It caused my game to crash constantly!

If you do use any mods, I'd recommend removing them from the game folder completely, then searching online to see if the developer has released an updated version that works with the game update. If so, download the updated mod and use that with the game. Hopefully that helps a little!

"You're wearing the t-shirt of the band you're going to see? Don't be that guy." - PCU
theindiecity
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

Favourite games : The Sims 3, The Sims Medieval
Female Posts : 24

View user profile http://omgitsandrea.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe on Fri 21 Jun 2013, 16:41

@theindiecity wrote:I also want to add that, if you are using any mods in your game, you need to make sure they've been updated to work with the new patch you've installed for the game. I found that I had a lot of random problems because I would always update my game to the newest version but I never updated the mods along with it. It caused my game to crash constantly!

If you do use any mods, I'd recommend removing them from the game folder completely, then searching online to see if the developer has released an updated version that works with the game update. If so, download the updated mod and use that with the game. Hopefully that helps a little!

Thanks for adding those informations theidiecity, I said the same thing in my first reply and actually added a post about the subject itself, so you were like telling the same things for the third time. Wink 

I was trying to explain that Exception Raised error mostly isn't because of corrupted mods or packages for some people. It's a serious error for Mac users that sometimes we can't solve it as it's about the game itself.

Super Spammer

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jpkid888 on Fri 21 Jun 2013, 20:14

Would you recommend uninstalling the Sims 3 along with all of the expansions and then reinstalling everything? I'm trying to uninstall everything using the Sims 3 Uninstaller, but it does not seem to be working. It says that it's uninstalling (the scroll bar moves indicating that is appears to be working), but it sits at that point for hours. I've stopped  it once and tried again but I just get more hours of no progress. Is there any other way to uninstall it on MACs?

jpkid888
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe on Fri 21 Jun 2013, 20:39

Well, I can't say it solve the problem but I'd give it a try. And for cleaning the applications, you can use AppDelete.

And you should read this blog for complete uninstallation on Mac. Please feel free to ask me if you have something in your mind.

Super Spammer

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum