Problem installing expansion packs (w/ a MAC)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem installing expansion packs (w/ a MAC)

Post by clarisse on Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:32 pm

I bought the base game via Origin and I tried to upload the expansions via G4TW, and I followed the steps from the MAC guide, but when I opened my launcher...the expansion pack I installed (University Life) wasn't installed...and it said I did installed it.

//MOVED
Shamrock

clarisse
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Problem installing expansion packs (w/ a MAC)

Post by Huskywolf on Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:37 pm

Hello Clarisse:

I had a similar problem with Ambitions. It did not appear to have installed, however when I started my game I had to place buildings in the town. So I know it was installed. Have you tried to play the game to see if it did install? Because my launcher still does not have Ambitions listed as installed but it really is!
Huskywolf
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by clarisse on Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:15 am

I checked to see, but still just the basic sims 3 :/ Did you have the base game from origin?Huskywolf wrote:Hello Clarisse:

I had a similar problem with Ambitions. It did not appear to have installed, however when I started my game I had to place buildings in the town. So I know it was installed. Have you tried to play the game to see if it did install? Because my launcher still does not have Ambitions listed as installed but it really is!

clarisse
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Huskywolf on Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:30 am

clarisse
I checked to see, but still just the basic sims 3 :/ Did you have the base game from origin?Huskywolf wrote:Hello Clarisse:

I actually had the base game from somewhere (can't remember where), and I just copied my saves onto my desktop. I then got the base game from games4theworld and reinstalled. Once reinstalled I copied my saves back, installed the expansions, and everything works.
Huskywolf
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoebe on Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:35 am

Hello Clarisse,
Like Husky says, yes it's installed but not showing ont he launcher. I've seen the same stuff for many times in 2 weeks. I think it's a MAc problem, but it doesn't matter but it's already installed and playable Smile

Don't worry about it much, just make sure your game is up-to-date and cracked with Ultimate Fiz. If you have any other problem, please let us know.

Taking care of the Forum
Forum Moderatrix Taking care of the Forum

Windows version :

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims series, Elder Scrolls Skyrim, The Walking Dead, Sacred I-II, Fables,Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines, Civilization, Don't Starve, Popmundo
Female Posts : 783

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum