Game crashes right when it starts, can't uninstall CC

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game crashes right when it starts, can't uninstall CC

Post by neec24 on Wed 19 Jun 2013, 00:07

No matter where I launch the game from, either in C disk or from the launcher, it tries loading for a second then crashes and says it can't be loaded. In the FAQ it says to uninstall custom content, but when I try uninstalling it from the launcher, it crashes, too. 
Please help me! I've tried uninstalling everything and trying again, and even when I have the patches uninstalled, I can't play the games I've bought either.

Helper edit: Topic moved to "The Sims (3) in-game problems".

- Carlos G.

neec24
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Game crashes right when it starts, can't uninstall CC

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 19 Jun 2013, 01:45

@neec24 wrote:No matter where I launch the game from, either in C disk or from the launcher, it tries loading for a second then crashes and says it can't be loaded. In the FAQ it says to uninstall custom content, but when I try uninstalling it from the launcher, it crashes, too. 
Please help me! I've tried uninstalling everything and trying again, and even when I have the patches uninstalled, I can't play the games I've bought either.

Hello,

Have you already looked at this article here ? http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-29-09-2012
And: after every crash, please go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete the contents of the folder "Currentgame.sims3".

The easiest way to remove all your "Sims 3 user data" (= all your mods, custom content and savefiles) would be to rename the folder with the name "The Sims 3" (example: "The Sims 3_"). You find that folder in My documents/Electronic Arts. After that start the game; you will see that all your custom content and your savefiles are gone. Please, for now, try to start a new savegame and try playing on for a while.

Alternatively, you can have a look at this article here about removing custom content: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t2208-sims3pack-installed-world-inaccessible-or-wont-install-fix

Good luck !

//EDIT

I still recommend renaming "The Sims 3", instead of deleting the cache (= basically the article in the link "
sims3pack-installed-world-inaccessible-or-wont-install-fix").
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14066

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum