Unable to start game! Please re-install base game!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to start game! Please re-install base game!

Post by Menicent on Fri 21 Jun 2013, 17:28

So, I downloaded the Base game, Generations, pets and UL. Since UL was the newest release, I used THAT crack and placed it in the bin folder. I ran it, and it went perfectly fine. All expansions working and game ran well. However, I turned off my computer, and when I logged back on and played Sims, The message "unable to start game! Please Re-install base game" appeared.

I hit TS3W, but it says I need to update for an expansion. I cant get to the launcher since it says I need to re-install. Its at v1.50, and I was told not to run it to v1.55. This is the second time this has happened! BTW: This is all on a external hardrive. I read somewhere that maybe the Drive names, as in E: or F: have to do with something??

Menicent
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unable to start game! Please re-install base game!

Post by Fields on Fri 21 Jun 2013, 19:41

Try some of these topics

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t10004-problems-with-installing-on-d-drive-instead-of-c-drivesolved?highlight=Exsternal+drive

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t10174-separate-hard-drive-install-sims-3-in-that-hard-drive-solved?highlight=Exsternal+drive

Unfortunately I am unable to provide support on this topic but hopefully within those I linked is your answer you are looking for or someone with a lot more experience can help
Fields
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, simcity (all Sim city versions) APB reloaded.
Male Posts : 171

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nickifoxy4 on Fri 21 Jun 2013, 23:48

Ahh I'm having the same problem! I'm going to try the manual patch and see if it helps.

nickifoxy4
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows Vista

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Female Posts : 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Menicent on Sat 22 Jun 2013, 01:19

I'm not sure if it's University Life's fault since it's the latest release. I'll install the Generations and Pets expansions and see if it happens again. The real solution I see right now is to just install it on the internal drive. I just don't want it to take such a large amount of space. 

Also, maybe it is something with the registry? I saw something about the SKU files and something about regions??

Menicent
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by nickifoxy4 on Sat 22 Jun 2013, 01:33

As far as me, I DLed the manual patch, and it got stuck and closed down! Mine is installed in the internal hard drive, since I don't have an external one. However I just now noticed you posted at 8am, the site released the v1.55 ultimate fix about noon today(if I am correct), I'm pacific time zone. I noticed you said you were told not to patch to v1.55. I was in the process of installing the v1.55 Ultimate fix and updating the patch to v1.55. I'm not sure if we are having the same problem, but for sure I am getting both of your same errors. I got the "unable to start game/ missing base game" error, and I got the very same "TS3W" error as you. I was reading something on registry errors too!! I just don't know how to go about fixing them, I'm going to keep trying to fix this and I'll reply about any results. Goodluck!

nickifoxy4
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows Vista

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Female Posts : 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 22 Jun 2013, 04:38

@nickifoxy4 wrote:As far as me, I DLed the manual patch, and it got stuck and closed down! Mine is installed in the internal hard drive, since I don't have an external one. However I just now noticed you posted at 8am, the site released the v1.55 ultimate fix about noon today(if I am correct), I'm pacific time zone. I noticed you said you were told not to patch to v1.55. I was in the process of installing the v1.55 Ultimate fix and updating the patch to v1.55. I'm not sure if we are having the same problem, but for sure I am getting both of your same errors. I got the "unable to start game/ missing base game" error, and I got the very same "TS3W" error as you. I was reading something on registry errors too!! I just don't know how to go about fixing them, I'm going to keep trying to fix this and I'll reply about any results. Goodluck!

Hello,

Would you mind open a separate topic for that ? We usually ask people to create separate topics because it is easier for us to track individual progress Wink.

(Just copy & paste that text of yourse into your new topic).
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14087

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fields on Sat 22 Jun 2013, 04:56

@Menicent wrote:I'm not sure if it's University Life's fault since it's the latest release. I'll install the Generations and Pets expansions and see if it happens again. The real solution I see right now is to just install it on the internal drive. I just don't want it to take such a large amount of space. 

Also, maybe it is something with the registry? I saw something about the SKU files and something about regions??
I do not believe it would be regions SKU's on the other hand I guess you could check they point to the correct hardrive etc, make sure when you put the drive in it is always the same letter as you installed for example

C:programme files> etc or D: etc etc

I was hoping someone would gave you a answer by now but maybe someone will see this and help a bit more
Fields
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, simcity (all Sim city versions) APB reloaded.
Male Posts : 171

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum