Sims 3 saves

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 saves

Post by Schendrick on Sat 22 Jun 2013, 15:19

I experienced Error Code 12 when my saves reached 113MB (even on the first save--10 minutes into the game), which is HUGE compared to what I had before, which is only about 30 ~ 40++ mb. But when I had University, it started getting huge up to 113MB. I was wondering if it is okay to delete the two University Life data on the saves folder?

_________________
MAH LADIES.
 photo shinsegae_zps9a06aada.gif
 photo 2ne1shinsegae_zpsbe165792.gif
avatar
Schendrick
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims Series + Medieval
Female Posts : 173
Points : 1890
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2013-04-08
Age : 21
Location : Philippines

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 saves

Post by Fields on Sat 22 Jun 2013, 19:32

Try NRASS mod master controller and turn off "allow memory creations" for all sims, this should hopefully keep your file size down, also check that you do have enough space on your hardrive in the first place and if not delete some stuff to create some spce for the save files.

113mb is not really that large so surprised that you are getting Error 12 so early on
avatar
Fields
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, simcity (all Sim city versions) APB reloaded.
Male Posts : 171
Points : 1967
Reputation : 18
Join date : 2013-01-03
Location : Somewhere in the UK by the sea.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 saves

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 22 Jun 2013, 23:31

Schendrick wrote:I experienced Error Code 12 when my saves reached 113MB (even on the first save--10 minutes into the game), which is HUGE compared to what I had before, which is only about 30 ~ 40++ mb. But when I had University, it started getting huge up to 113MB. I was wondering if it is okay to delete the two University Life data on the saves folder?

Hello,

You might give the "Save cleaner" a try: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t9396-ts3-save-files-cleaner?highlight=Save+cleaner (the link in the first post by Lady ElDi).

But please, backup your savefiles before applying this. Wink


Last edited by Carlos G. on Sun 23 Jun 2013, 02:23; edited 1 time in total

_________________
Respectfully,

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14433
Points : 19157
Reputation : 2037
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 saves

Post by Schendrick on Sun 23 Jun 2013, 02:01

Carlos G. wrote:Hello,

You might give the "Save cleaner" a try: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t9396-ts3-save-files-cleaner?highlight=Save+cleaner (the link in the first post by Lady ElDi).

But please, backup your savefiles before applying this. Wink

Oooh, it reduced my save for about 30mb. Awesome. I still have to try playing it, tho. Thank you Very Happy

Fields wrote:Try NRASS mod master controller and turn off "allow memory creations" for all sims, this should hopefully keep your file size down, also check that you do have enough space on your hardrive in the first place and if not delete some stuff to create some spce for the save files.

113mb is not really that large so surprised that you are getting Error 12 so early on

Ugh, the quote thing is killing me. Anyway, memory creation has been turned 'false' already when I first played the household and that was 1 week ago.

_________________
MAH LADIES.
 photo shinsegae_zps9a06aada.gif
 photo 2ne1shinsegae_zpsbe165792.gif
avatar
Schendrick
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims Series + Medieval
Female Posts : 173
Points : 1890
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2013-04-08
Age : 21
Location : Philippines

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 saves

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 23 Jun 2013, 02:09

Schendrick wrote:
Oooh, it reduced my save for about 30mb. Awesome. I still have to try playing it, tho. Thank you Very Happy

Yes, please let us know the result. And I'm glad you could access the site now Very HappyWink

_________________
Respectfully,

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14433
Points : 19157
Reputation : 2037
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 saves

Post by Schendrick on Sun 23 Jun 2013, 02:22

Carlos G. wrote:
Schendrick wrote:
Oooh, it reduced my save for about 30mb. Awesome. I still have to try playing it, tho. Thank you Very Happy

Yes, please let us know the result. And I'm glad you could access the site now Very HappyWink

I'll be posting again in a few days. Can't play it right now yet. Have to go somewhere. @.@

EDIT: Works like a charm <3.

_________________
MAH LADIES.
 photo shinsegae_zps9a06aada.gif
 photo 2ne1shinsegae_zpsbe165792.gif
avatar
Schendrick
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims Series + Medieval
Female Posts : 173
Points : 1890
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2013-04-08
Age : 21
Location : Philippines

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum