Installed Paradise Island.... HELP?!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Installed Paradise Island.... HELP?!

Post by steak n eggs on Mon 24 Jun 2013, 18:36

*waves frantically* 

So I just installed Paradise Island and chose a household to play, figures I picked the idiot wench who divorced her hubby and left her daughter in his hands and hooked up with her boss who knocked her up and who's family hates her... LOL! Oh what a tangled web we weave... anywho... I digress... I haven't tried diving because I couldn't with her being pregnant, BUT, here are a few issues that I'm wondering if anyone has some suggestions on...

* all of my words I installed are GONE, poof. I have the standard worlds that the game comes with. I just installed dragon valley like 5 days ago and have 2 save games that I can't play because the world is GONE! ahh! Any suggestions?

* my store content is also POOF, GONE and I had a "store fix" from MATY, so I'm lost and confused Sad

* the animation is really crappy, when the body goes into the water / ocean, the waves funk up the body, make the body "wavy"... WTF is up with that? is that just something to be expected? the swimming animation is a little herky jerky as well... hmmmm

I'm most concerned about my store content and worlds.... so any advice?? I almost wish I wouldn't have installed it in the first place! wahhhh! Help I will be forever indebted to whomever has a helpful suggestion!
I love youI love youI love you

//EDIT

So I kind of fixed my own issues to have more issues arise! LOL!

Here's what I've done so far... I grabbed My Docs EA folder and copied it to my desktop first and foremost. Then I installed IP and fix.

I loaded game, and all extra worlds and store content was gone. I quit game. Grabbed a couple files (dccache mostly) and whatnot from my BACKUP EA folder on my desktop, plopped it into my current My Docs EA folder and screwed around with the resource.cgf file in mods folder. Loaded game. Store content and worlds showed back up and worked fine. Animation was a little iffy, but CAS crashed game hard. Saving worked fine.

So, I wanted to fix the CAS crash... it is annoying not to be able to make your own sim yanno... I grabbed My Docs EA/The Sime folder and cut it, pasted it onto my desktop. Started the game clean, no CC, mods- nuttin. CAS works like a charm, save works, but game play is terribly laggy and animations are glitchier than heck! It's worse in this clean slate mode.

So... Obviously something like Mods/Overrides/Packages (book of talent and other various packages from MATY) or store fix files (MATY since there are no store fix files from G4TW that I can find since mediafire is still down) are causing the CAS to crash, which is odd why it's only causing that to crash... and my crash logger tells me after CAS crashes that it's a memory issue. BUT when I run it clean and CAS doesn't crash, then it's NOT a memory issue? I'm 32 bit and so my OS can't "give" anymore memory to the game... I've been able to play relatively nicely up until this poopy EP! I know EA will probably release a fix for this soon and the glitches are something we have to grin and bear, but I thought I would share what's going on here so people who're suffering the same thing can know they aren't alone! HAH!

I'm attempting to replace a few things at a time into the mods folder to see how more so I can bork it! Weeee! Testing is funnnn!

Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Xbox Fanatic, Bioshock, Dante's Inferno, Assassins Creed, Dishonored, Borderlands, Dead Island, Left for Dead, Silent Hill, Lego games...
Female Posts : 129

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Installed Paradise Island.... HELP?!

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 25 Jun 2013, 04:05

Hello,

Yes, please make sure to update all your mods.

You also might want to install the latest versions of NRAAS "ErrorTrap" and "Overwatch" (I think they have been updated already to 1.55). May be they can help a little bit against the lag/crashing or whatever. Wink

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by steak n eggs on Tue 25 Jun 2013, 04:08

Nrass all updated! I got the overwatch the other day after the 1.55 update Smile

Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Xbox Fanatic, Bioshock, Dante's Inferno, Assassins Creed, Dishonored, Borderlands, Dead Island, Left for Dead, Silent Hill, Lego games...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 25 Jun 2013, 04:18

@steak n eggs wrote:Nrass all updated! I got the overwatch the other day after the 1.55 update Smile

After every crash, please go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete the contents of the folder Currentgame.sims3

I don't know what mods you have, but if you think that ALL your mods are up-to-date and if there are no conflicts among them (google for "Delphy's Dashboard" to 'scan' your packages) THEN you can basically try putting them back in one-by-one, and start the game after each mod you put in.

As soon as you see a crash/lag/freeze or whatever - take out the mod you just put in previously.

However, this method might not be successful in all cases: there are mods which as I mentioned can conflict with one another. It's basically up to you to carefully read the descriptions of the mods you download. And again, you might try "Delphy's Dashboard" too. Smile

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by foxrockerfeller on Tue 25 Jun 2013, 06:14

i haven't installed any new mods, etc. game was working fine until i installed island paradise. i did all dcbackup/cache cleans.

any suggestions? 

should i reapply the ultimate fix and then replace the files last from the island paradise folder? Shocked

foxrockerfeller
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock on Tue 25 Jun 2013, 10:18

Did you apply the Ultimate Fix again (not the same one as before: a new one was uploaded, and it is compatible with IP. You can also use the crack from the torrent...)?

Shamrock  

Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
Shamrock
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by steak n eggs on Tue 25 Jun 2013, 17:34

I installed IP and fix it came with, tried game, it was smooth but CAS crashed hard. I removed My Docs/ EA folder so computer would re create it and all my mods would be removed etc, and game is totally gross and laggy and slow now. Bleh! Not sure what's up with that. I'm in the process of adding things back one by one and figuring out why CAS is crashing with my whole My Docs/ EA folder in there... things that make you go hmmmmm! Razz and yeah, last night I re="fixed" everything with the brand new fix... my launcher is also asking me to patch... I keep ignoring it though!

Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum