Sims island paradise stinks

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims island paradise stinks

Post by metrice2121 on Mon 24 Jun 2013, 20:56

I was not impressed. no lessons on how to swim  underwater. wont waste my time downloading anymore sims expansions.

admien edit: i move topiec.

- admien
avatar
metrice2121
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims3, casino games
Female Posts : 72
Points : 1670
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-02-14
Age : 38
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims island paradise stinks

Post by hotkillerz on Mon 24 Jun 2013, 21:38

So u havent even played it and u review it as saying it stinks, for ur info u do get lessons to swim you have to click the water.

hotkillerz
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : sims,stwor,startrek
Male Posts : 26
Points : 1551
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2013-03-06
Location : Some were in hell, surrounded by Naked females

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims island paradise stinks

Post by TUN3R on Mon 24 Jun 2013, 21:46

@metrice2121 wrote:I was not impressed. no lessons on how to swim  underwater. wont waste my time downloading anymore sims expansions.

Crappy review if I can even call it that, but I agree.

TUN3R
BANNED
BANNED

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Male Posts : 646
Points : -7407
Reputation : -9982
Join date : 2012-02-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims island paradise stinks

Post by J.T. on Tue 25 Jun 2013, 04:55

Seriously, the official trailors can fool people. Never trust them.

_________________

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

avatar
J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442
Points : 5698
Reputation : 306
Join date : 2013-01-29
Age : 21
Location : Panem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims island paradise stinks

Post by Sir Auron on Tue 25 Jun 2013, 05:18

cat2006house wrote:Seriously, the official trailors can fool people. Never trust them.
true enough! Just look at the shamwow, It won't dry a damp table!

_________________
Regardless of warnings, the future doesn't scare me at all!
~ Utada Hikaru - Simple and clean [Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep]
avatar
Sir Auron
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Kingdom Hearts (series), Pokemon (series)
Posts : 54
Points : 1507
Reputation : 27
Join date : 2013-06-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims island paradise stinks

Post by steak n eggs on Tue 25 Jun 2013, 18:33

No lessons on HOW TO SWIM? Ummmm. You click the water and choose "Swim"!!! But... I do agree that it took me googling forever to figure out how to actually scuba dive. Perhaps that is what the OP meant...?

_________________
avatar
steak n eggs
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Xbox Fanatic, Bioshock, Dante's Inferno, Assassins Creed, Dishonored, Borderlands, Dead Island, Left for Dead, Silent Hill, Lego games...
Female Posts : 129
Points : 2026
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2012-03-06
Location : Wonderland ;)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims island paradise stinks

Post by Karinanie on Tue 25 Jun 2013, 21:51

I played for three hours approximately last night and this expansion has been far from stinking. It's very enjoyable, but you have to be patient with all the new interactions. Scuba Diving takes a while, but it's worth it: all what offers the world under the sea it's amazing. I didn't know how to swim, I just went and started doing it and exploring around.

Tip: to increase faster your Scuba Diving skill, I suggest you have the Sailor trait and Loves to Swim trait, it made a difference with my sims compared to the one who didn't had them. Got to level 10 quite much faster, while the second sim is halfway to level 6.
avatar
Karinanie
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

Favourite games : Sims 3
Female Posts : 23
Points : 1755
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2012-08-05
Age : 23
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims island paradise stinks

Post by TUN3R on Tue 25 Jun 2013, 22:08

@Karinanie wrote:I played for three hours approximately last night and this expansion has been far from stinking. It's very enjoyable, but you have to be patient with all the new interactions. Scuba Diving takes a while, but it's worth it: all what offers the world under the sea it's amazing.

What would that be exactly? Island Paradise doesn't add any new gems, rocks or metals.

TUN3R
BANNED
BANNED

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Male Posts : 646
Points : -7407
Reputation : -9982
Join date : 2012-02-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims island paradise stinks

Post by Karinanie on Tue 25 Jun 2013, 22:24

@TUN3R wrote:
@Karinanie wrote:I played for three hours approximately last night and this expansion has been far from stinking. It's very enjoyable, but you have to be patient with all the new interactions. Scuba Diving takes a while, but it's worth it: all what offers the world under the sea it's amazing.

What would that be exactly? Island Paradise doesn't add any new gems, rocks or metals.

It doesn't, but for me it's easier to find gems right now under the sea than in land The rarest gems in the game can be found obviously in the highest skilled Scuba Diving spots. It depends on your skill on what you find. Higher skill = rarest games and more amount of money found. Don't expect to find something so rare when the Sim isn't in a high level Scuba Diving Spot, there's a possibility you MIGHT find something, but it isn't much likely. You can interact with the mermaids when you're scuba diving as well. It's very interesting the new expansion, atleast for me. I prefer this "vacation expansion" than World Adventures for now.
avatar
Karinanie
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

Favourite games : Sims 3
Female Posts : 23
Points : 1755
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2012-08-05
Age : 23
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims island paradise stinks

Post by TUN3R on Wed 26 Jun 2013, 00:13

@Karinanie wrote:
It doesn't, but for me it's easier to find gems right now under the sea than in land The rarest gems in the game can be found obviously in the highest skilled Scuba Diving spots. It depends on your skill on what you find. Higher skill = rarest games and more amount of money found. Don't expect to find something so rare when the Sim isn't in a high level Scuba Diving Spot, there's a possibility you MIGHT find something, but it isn't much likely. You can interact with the mermaids when you're scuba diving as well. It's very interesting the new expansion, atleast for me. I prefer this "vacation expansion" than World Adventures for now.

If you have all the expansions there are a million ways to get gems. I found the Werewolves to be the best one, even at low Werewolf (hidden) skill you still find good stuff.

The digger also works if you don't mind annoying the crap out of your neighbors.

TUN3R
BANNED
BANNED

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Male Posts : 646
Points : -7407
Reputation : -9982
Join date : 2012-02-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims island paradise stinks

Post by cheekybits on Wed 26 Jun 2013, 00:27

Scuba Diving is the best way to fish so far you can get rare fish with no fishing skill and a low scuba skill and its a lot more entertaining

cheekybits
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 36
Points : 1924
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-03-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims island paradise stinks

Post by Karinanie on Wed 26 Jun 2013, 00:37

@TUN3R wrote:If you have all the expansions there are a million ways to get gems. I found the Werewolves to be the best one, even at low Werewolf (hidden) skill you still find good stuff.

The digger also works if you don't mind annoying the crap out of your neighbors.

Oh I wish I could have all the expansions to do that, that makes things easier. I tried to at one point, but I don't have much hard drive storage. With the Scuba Diving skill you get a lot of crap if you do it constantly :3 well not constantly since you have a limit of time before you ran out of air of course.
avatar
Karinanie
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

Favourite games : Sims 3
Female Posts : 23
Points : 1755
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2012-08-05
Age : 23
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims island paradise stinks

Post by J.T. on Wed 26 Jun 2013, 00:53

@Karinanie wrote:
@TUN3R wrote:If you have all the expansions there are a million ways to get gems. I found the Werewolves to be the best one, even at low Werewolf (hidden) skill you still find good stuff.

The digger also works if you don't mind annoying the crap out of your neighbors.

Oh I wish I could have all the expansions to do that, that makes things easier. I tried to at one point, but I don't have much hard drive storage. With the Scuba Diving skill you get a lot of crap if you do it constantly :3 well not constantly since you have a limit of time before you ran out of air of course.
I think the problem with The Sims 3 overall is: Too many expansions causing my game to lag frequently. Before IP was released, I can play it with slight lags but it's ok. But here in Island Paradise, I can hardly move when my camera zooms into uncharted islands (areas under the clouds). WTF? Why the hell is that? I occasionally freeze when my camera zooms into the other places as well. EA, next time when you release expansions, provide me additional CPU first. I think not many players can handle it, seriously.

_________________

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

avatar
J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442
Points : 5698
Reputation : 306
Join date : 2013-01-29
Age : 21
Location : Panem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims island paradise stinks

Post by TUN3R on Wed 26 Jun 2013, 02:26

@Karinanie wrote:
Oh I wish I could have all the expansions to do that, that makes things easier. I tried to at one point, but I don't have much hard drive storage. With the Scuba Diving skill you get a lot of crap if you do it constantly :3 well not constantly since you have a limit of time before you ran out of air of course.

I think there's a LTR that solves that. Anyway I'm still waitng for awesomemod to be updated so I haven't had the chance to try Scuba Diving (plus I have no idea how to learn it).

Boats suck, although houseboats are surprisingly uhh... houseboats.

cat2006house wrote:I think the problem with The Sims 3 overall is: Too many expansions causing my game to lag frequently. Before IP was released, I can play it with slight lags but it's ok. But here in Island Paradise, I can hardly move when my camera zooms into uncharted islands (areas under the clouds). WTF? Why the hell is that? I occasionally freeze when my camera zooms into the other places as well. EA, next time when you release expansions, provide me additional CPU first. I think not many players can handle it, seriously.

I thought you wanted more expansions Razz

That's true, all these expansions do weight down on the CPU. But if installed properly the game can run well with all the expansions.

Back when Generations was the latest expansion my game used to run like crap cause I'd just install the base game and the expansions, just like that. Lots of save errors, game ran at about 10 FPS and froze all the time. When I started playing it again (Showtime I think?) I began being more patient with the installation process, manually patching the game and every pre-Gen expansion, etc. And now my game runs very well. Performance varies depending on the world (Isla Paradiso and Dragon Valley run best, Bridgeport worst) but the game is playable and enjoyable overall, and the only save error I get is Code 16 which is harmless.

The Sims 3 is a pain in the ass to install but installing it properly is possible, and once that's done the game works well.

TUN3R
BANNED
BANNED

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Male Posts : 646
Points : -7407
Reputation : -9982
Join date : 2012-02-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims island paradise stinks

Post by J.T. on Wed 26 Jun 2013, 03:05

@TUN3R wrote:
I think there's a LTR that solves that. Anyway I'm still waitng for awesomemod to be updated so I haven't had the chance to try Scuba Diving (plus I have no idea how to learn it).

Boats suck, although houseboats are surprisingly uhh... houseboats.

Houseboats are surprisingly houseboats? LOL.Very Happy Oh and you can learn scuba diving skill by snorkelling. If your sims have "love to swim" trait, he/she can learn scuba diving skill super fast!

_________________

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

avatar
J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442
Points : 5698
Reputation : 306
Join date : 2013-01-29
Age : 21
Location : Panem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims island paradise stinks

Post by fankalol on Wed 26 Jun 2013, 03:20

Any of you tried opening a resort yet ? I wonder if its really fun ._.

_________________
______██████████████
-____██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ M ▓████
-__██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██
-__██████░░░░██░░██████
██░░░░████░░██░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░████░░░░██░░░░░░██
-__████░░░░░░██████████
-__██░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
_____██░░░░░░░░░██
-______██░░░░░░██
-____██▓▓████▓▓▓█
-_██▓▓▓▓▓▓████▓▓█
██▓▓▓▓▓▓███░░███░
-__██░░░░░░███████
-____██░░░░███████
-______██████████
-_____██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██
-_____█████████████
avatar
fankalol
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 54
Points : 1517
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2013-05-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims island paradise stinks

Post by Karinanie on Wed 26 Jun 2013, 03:34

I built my own resort and ugh, now that's been super annoying. I'm barely in two stars and since my resort doesn't have revenue (by like 100$) they closed it down. 

Tip for building resorts: you have to start with the lowest options so you can build up your stars and reviews. Barely any sim is going to stay in your "expensive resort" when the resort is reviewed with just one star. 

If you want a 4, 5 star resort by first hand you can buy the other two resorts in Isla Paradiso, the most expensive is like 260K.
avatar
Karinanie
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

Favourite games : Sims 3
Female Posts : 23
Points : 1755
Reputation : -1
Join date : 2012-08-05
Age : 23
Location : United States

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims island paradise stinks

Post by cheekybits on Wed 26 Jun 2013, 04:06

@Karinanie wrote:I built my own resort and ugh, now that's been super annoying. I'm barely in two stars and since my resort doesn't have revenue (by like 100$) they closed it down. 

Tip for building resorts: you have to start with the lowest options so you can build up your stars and reviews. Barely any sim is going to stay in your "expensive resort" when the resort is reviewed with just one star. 

If you want a 4, 5 star resort by first hand you can buy the other two resorts in Isla Paradiso, the most expensive is like 260K.
You should scuba dive and take on jobs at like restaurants and town hall they pay a lot. My sim got 10k just to bring in 2 types of fish to a cafe. Also Im waiting till I have like 5 kids Very Happy cause I rather they work for me lower the amount of staff Id have to hire.

cheekybits
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 36
Points : 1924
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2012-03-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum