World Adventures 'there was an error during startup'

View previous topic View next topic Go down

World Adventures 'there was an error during startup'

Post by draoidruid on Fri 28 Jun 2013, 07:16

Alright, so I originally owned retail copies of Base Game and World Adventures, but lost the disks. About a year ago, I accidentally corrupted World Adventures's files, and had to delete it, and then used a crack on Base Game since I lost the disk. Well I recently decided I wanted World Adventures back, as well as some other expansions, so I downloaded the torrent from games4theworld.org. It worked fine, whatever, I managed to unzip the .rar without a problem, but then I tried to install it.

I'm not quite sure what happened during the installation, but after opening "Crack 3" folder and downloading the third patch in the file,  I got a windows notification that said the program might not have installed correctly. I clicked the option that said something along the lines of "this program installed successfully." However, after installing the next patch, I got the same window, and the patch after that.

Long story short, I ignored the popup windows and continued installing. It seemed to go fine, downloading the 'Sims3EP01Setup.exe' file, but when the instructions told me to open the launcher, got an error that said "There was an error during startup. Please see log for more information." When I closed the box, the launcher stopped responding, and I had to close it out with task manager. I looked at the YouTube video about the most common reason this happens, courtesy of Game4theWorld themselves, but since I had just downloaded the new game, I don't this this is exactly my problem.

In the end, I uninstalled World Adventures, and I deleted the World Adventures file in the Registry, but I was still receiving the error. Even the Base Game stopped functioning because of it, so I had to delete that too. I downloaded the Base Game torrent and followed the instructions, which worked like a dream. The Base Game worked absolutely fine. I tried to download World Adventures again, but with the same problem as above.

I'm at my wits end with this problem of mine. All I want is to go to Paris, and I get this nonsense instead. I haven't tried this process with any other torrent yet, so I don't know if it is just World Adventures or not. I tried to be as detailed as possible, since this doesn't seem to be a common problem. Any and all help would be appreciated.

draoidruid
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: World Adventures 'there was an error during startup'

Post by Shamrock on Fri 28 Jun 2013, 11:46

Please try it like this:
¤ Uninstall everything and check the registry for any leftover key.
¤ Install the base game, then apply the Manual Patch. (do not touch any Crack file)
¤ Install all other expansions that you want (do not touch any Crack file)
¤ Download the Ultimate Fix, and take the two files from the #Crack folder, copy them to C:\Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin
Start your game, it should be working!

Shamrock  

Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
Shamrock
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum