Doesn't say Island Paradise is Installed after updating..

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Doesn't say Island Paradise is Installed after updating..

Post by Evelynn on Fri 28 Jun 2013, 21:25

I installed the Island Paradise today and manually updated the game. After doing this when opening the launcher it no longer says that University or Island Paradise is installed and when trying to start playing it just loads a black screen and crashes.

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing and reapplying the manual update and ultimate fix. I've even tried removing all mods and CC, but nothing seems to really be helping. :/

Any ideas on how to fix this issue?
Evelynn
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Doesn't say Island Paradise is Installed after updating..

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 28 Jun 2013, 23:15

@Evelynn wrote:I installed the Island Paradise today and manually updated the game. After doing this when opening the launcher it no longer says that University or Island Paradise is installed and when trying to start playing it just loads a black screen and crashes.

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing and reapplying the manual update and ultimate fix. I've even tried removing all mods and CC, but nothing seems to really be helping. :/

Any ideas on how to fix this issue?

Where are you trying to put the "Ultimate fix" ? Remember that if you updated your game with the "manual patch", then it is enough when you use the two files from the #crack sub-folder in the fix (namely, the TS3W.exe + TSLHost.dll). These two files go into C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin (replace the existing files).

If you are sure you correctly applied that "Ultimate fix", then try the following things:

After every crash, go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete the contents of the folder "Currentgame.sims3" (if the folder is empty, then it's fine too).

Try just to re-boot the computer. Then lower the resolution of your computer screen (let's say to 1024 x 768). Now try again to start the game.

What about your latest graphics driver updates ? Have you already downloaded and installed them ?

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14091

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Doesn't say Island Paradise is Installed after updating..

Post by Evelynn on Sat 29 Jun 2013, 09:51

Well, I just got home from work and started it up and it magically worked. ._.

But thanks so much! Smile
Evelynn
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum