Cannot interact with sims or get sims to interact with other sims

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cannot interact with sims or get sims to interact with other sims

Post by skyesmylimit on Sat 29 Jun 2013, 12:31

Hi!
Recently I downloaded and installed several EPs and SPs from here into my laptop. The game loads and works fine and I can use pretty much everything in the game. However, whenever I click on my sim or any other sim, nothing happens; there is no pop-up list of interactions whenever I click on my sim or any other sim. Can anybody tell me what can be done?
Thanks so much for any help!

skyesmylimit
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cannot interact with sims or get sims to interact with other sims

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 29 Jun 2013, 12:34

@skyesmylimit wrote:Hi!
Recently I downloaded and installed several EPs and SPs from here into my laptop. The game loads and works fine and I can use pretty much everything in the game. However, whenever I click on my sim or any other sim, nothing happens; there is no pop-up list of interactions whenever I click on my sim or any other sim. Can anybody tell me what can be done?
Thanks so much for any help!

Hello,

Maybe this here can help you: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t859-the-sims-3-text-balloons-not-showing-missing-fix
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14081

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by skyesmylimit on Sat 29 Jun 2013, 13:21

Hello! Thanks for the reply. I followed the instructions and loaded my game but nothing happened; I clicked my sim and another sim but no interaction list came up. Is there anything else that can be done?

skyesmylimit
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 29 Jun 2013, 13:35

@skyesmylimit wrote:Hello! Thanks for the reply. I followed the instructions and loaded my game but nothing happened; I clicked my sim and another sim but no interaction list came up. Is there anything else that can be done?

Is this your first installation of "The Sims 3" ? If not, have you seen that problem sometime in the past already ?

And do you have any mods or custom content installed (= did you install files which are either in the ".sims3pack" or ".package" file formats) ? If yes, what exactly do these mods do; what does your custom content contain ? And where did youn download that stuff from ?
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by skyesmylimit on Sat 29 Jun 2013, 13:48

Hi!
No, this isn't my first installation of the game and I've had it for awhile now but I've never encountered this problem. I use a few mods, like the writing mod and book of talents, which I got off of modthesims3. I also have a ton of cc which I got from all over, like sunsetsims, tsr, aroundthesims3, modthesims3 as well as a few other places. They were installed in both formats.
I've never had this problem before but it came up after I downloaded some new EPs and SPs. But the game and objects all work fine, though; I can use all the objects and visit lots and all but cannot interact with my sim or get my sim to interact with others.

skyesmylimit
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 29 Jun 2013, 13:55

@skyesmylimit wrote:Hi!
No, this isn't my first installation of the game and I've had it for awhile now but I've never encountered this problem. I use a few mods, like the writing mod and book of talents, which I got off of modthesims3. I also have a ton of cc which I got from all over, like sunsetsims, tsr, aroundthesims3, modthesims3 as well as a few other places. They were installed in both formats.
I've never had this problem before but it came up after I downloaded some new EPs and SPs. But the game and objects all work fine, though; I can use all the objects and visit lots and all but cannot interact with my sim or get my sim to interact with others.

If in your case the problem is really a mod/CC it will be a bit tricky to find out what exactly causes this.

But for now, let's do what I suggest most often here: go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/ and rename the folder "The Sims 3" in any way (example: "The Sims 3_backup").

When you start the game, start (for now) a completely new savegame, and see if it changed anything.

If it does change something, then we can continue with putting in your old savefiles; and then come the mods.

But good luck for now !

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by skyesmylimit on Sat 29 Jun 2013, 16:08

OK, I did what you said and it worked Very Happy
 so, what exactly does that mean? is it the cc that's causing the problem? and what do I do now to fix the problem (but still be able to use cc)?

skyesmylimit
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum