Firefighter career not working?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Firefighter career not working?

Post by bears20 on Sat 29 Jun 2013, 20:33

Hi all, I can't tell if there's something wrong with my mods or just the game itself, but as the title suggests, my firefighter career isn't working. I can send my guy down to the station for the whole day, and no jobs will spawn. Manually, they won't work properly either. I've tried testingcheatsenabled and spawn job, but as soon as I command my sim to jump on the firetruck, all the alarms stop sounding and the queue immediately empties itself, as if nothing ever happened. I'm not sure what to do at this point, any suggestions?
bears20
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Firefighter career not working?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 29 Jun 2013, 21:14

@bears20 wrote:Hi all, I can't tell if there's something wrong with my mods or just the game itself, but as the title suggests, my firefighter career isn't working. I can send my guy down to the station for the whole day, and no jobs will spawn. Manually, they won't work properly either. I've tried testingcheatsenabled and spawn job, but as soon as I command my sim to jump on the firetruck, all the alarms stop sounding and the queue immediately empties itself, as if nothing ever happened. I'm not sure what to do at this point, any suggestions?

Hello there,

Try the suggestion I posted in this topic here:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t11959-firefighter-problem?highlight=Firefighter
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14068

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bears20 on Sat 29 Jun 2013, 21:31

Carlos G. wrote:
@bears20 wrote:Hi all, I can't tell if there's something wrong with my mods or just the game itself, but as the title suggests, my firefighter career isn't working. I can send my guy down to the station for the whole day, and no jobs will spawn. Manually, they won't work properly either. I've tried testingcheatsenabled and spawn job, but as soon as I command my sim to jump on the firetruck, all the alarms stop sounding and the queue immediately empties itself, as if nothing ever happened. I'm not sure what to do at this point, any suggestions?

Hello there,

Try the suggestion I posted in this topic here:

http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t11959-firefighter-problem?highlight=Firefighter

Thanks for your response. I've tried that, as I said in my OP. Unfortunately, that doesn't work at all. I'm not sure why, but not even manually spawning a job works.
bears20
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by soulsdown on Sat 29 Jun 2013, 21:41

take your mods out of the game and paste them to your desktop for the time being, run the game without mods. If the problem persists, it has got nothing to do with your mods.

soulsdown
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : the sims 1.2 and 3, the uncharted series
Female Posts : 50

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 29 Jun 2013, 23:55

@soulsdown wrote:take your mods out of the game and paste them to your desktop for the time being, run the game without mods. If the problem persists, it has got nothing to do with your mods.

Hello soulsdown,

I tested that myself, and this issue is just another bug, which is not related to any mod or custom content. Wink 

@bears20 wrote: Thanks for your response. I've tried that, as I said in my OP. Unfortunately, that doesn't work at all. I'm not sure why, but not even manually spawning a job works.

You may have to try spawning a job several times in a row, until a job works. Other than that I'm afraid we still have to wait until this problem gets fixed with another patch (if it will ever get fixed, which I'm not sure about).
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14068

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum