Sims 3 University Life setup won't open

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 University Life setup won't open

Post by kaaarabearaaa on Sun 30 Jun 2013, 03:48

I've never torrented a game before, so I'm not quite sure what I'm doing, but I read the install instructions and it says "Open the 'Sims3EP09Setup.exe' and follow on screen instructions."

But the Sims3EP09Setup.exe won't even work. It asks me if I want to let this program make changes to my computer and I click yes, but then this error box pops up that says:

>SetupNew\setup.cpp (140)
PAPP:
PVENDOR:
PGUID:
$15.0.0.498
@Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (7601)
IE Version 9.10.9200.16614

Can anyone tell me how to make it work/what this means? I'd hate to have spent all that time downloading it and looking for a solution for nothing. Thank you in advance!

kaaarabearaaa
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

Female Posts : 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 University Life setup won't open

Post by J.T. on Sun 30 Jun 2013, 06:18

@kaaarabearaaa wrote:I've never torrented a game before, so I'm not quite sure what I'm doing, but I read the install instructions and it says "Open the 'Sims3EP09Setup.exe' and follow on screen instructions."

But the Sims3EP09Setup.exe won't even work. It asks me if I want to let this program make changes to my computer and I click yes, but then this error box pops up that says:

PAPP:
PVENDOR:
PGUID:
$15.0.0.498

Can anyone tell me how to make it work/what this means? I'd hate to have spent all that time downloading it and looking for a solution for nothing. Thank you in advance!

Hello,

Have you unzipped the torrent before launching the setup? Have you patched your game to the latest version? Have you installed the base game?

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kaaarabearaaa on Sun 30 Jun 2013, 06:57

cat2006house wrote:
@kaaarabearaaa wrote:I've never torrented a game before, so I'm not quite sure what I'm doing, but I read the install instructions and it says "Open the 'Sims3EP09Setup.exe' and follow on screen instructions."

PAPP:
PVENDOR:
PGUID:
$15.0.0.498

Hello,

Have you unzipped the torrent before launching the setup? Have you patched your game to the latest version? Have you installed the base game?

Hi!

I'm pretty sure I've unzipped it, I used 7zip and I'm trying to open the setup through that. My game is patched to the latest version, and I have a store bought copy of the base game already installed on my PC.

kaaarabearaaa
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

Female Posts : 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Sun 30 Jun 2013, 07:15

@kaaarabearaaa wrote:
cat2006house wrote:

PAPP:
PVENDOR:
PGUID:
$15.0.0.498

Hello,

Hi!

I'm pretty sure I've unzipped it, I used 7zip and I'm trying to open the setup through that. My game is patched to the latest version, and I have a store bought copy of the base game already installed on my PC.

Hello,

The latest verison of the game is 1.55.4, please check the version of your game by running the launcher and move your mouse cursor to the base game icon.

Since the base game was bought from a store, The Sims 3 base game folder should be located in Origin bin folder instead of Electronic Arts folder. Try to patch your game manually and start the setup of UL.

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sun 30 Jun 2013, 08:19

PAPP:
PVENDOR:
PGUID:
$15.0.0.498

Hello,

Try re-extracting the contents of the .RAR file to another (newly created) folder.

If that doesn't help, the only thing that would come to my mind is to re-download the whole thing.
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14083

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum