overwatch not fixing my problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down

overwatch not fixing my problem

Post by killerkittycat on Sun 30 Jun 2013, 03:48

I just started playing island paradise and noticed that after playing for about a minute or two my game will begin to lag. After doing some digging on the forums I tried resetting all sims to rule out the possibility of the game having unroutable sims and spawning too much stuff as the source of lag. Resetting all sims did eliminate my lag, so I installed the overwatch mod. 

I know the mod is working because it pops up saying "unroutable sim found: name".. But it has not helped my game play at all. This lag is terrible, and resetting sims every 2 minutes is annoying.

Help please!!! I just want to play Sad

killerkittycat
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 5
Points : 1525
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: overwatch not fixing my problem

Post by Aɾყα on Tue 02 Jul 2013, 08:27

Hello,


I'm not sure Overwatch will reset unroutable sims as they appear but rather, once every sim-day. The same goes for all the inventory cars it removes.
What you can do is find out where most unroutable sims come from. When an unroutable sim is found, you'll receive a message in the upper right corner and clicking the portrait of the sim will take you to its location. 
You could find that it's a specific community lot that routes badly and a solution can be to change the lot type to "no visitors" if that's the case.
Are you playing the Island Paradise world? It could have bad routing, but there's no fix for that (yet).
Try getting Errortrap as well. It's not for routing issues per se, but it can help nonetheless.

_________________




"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"

avatar
Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15105
Points : 20015
Reputation : 1430
Join date : 2011-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: overwatch not fixing my problem

Post by J.T. on Tue 02 Jul 2013, 08:30

@killerkittycat wrote:I just started playing island paradise and noticed that after playing for about a minute or two my game will begin to lag. After doing some digging on the forums I tried resetting all sims to rule out the possibility of the game having unroutable sims and spawning too much stuff as the source of lag. Resetting all sims did eliminate my lag, so I installed the overwatch mod. 

I know the mod is working because it pops up saying "unroutable sim found: name".. But it has not helped my game play at all. This lag is terrible, and resetting sims every 2 minutes is annoying.

Help please!!! I just want to play Sad

Hello,

Lady Eldi is correct. Another mod that you can try is Nraas Master Controller, which can manage the population of your town. The mod provides manual interactions for altering sims either individually or en-masse so that lags can be largely reduced. If the unroutable problem persists, please let us know.

_________________

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

avatar
J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442
Points : 5815
Reputation : 306
Join date : 2013-01-29
Age : 21
Location : Panem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: overwatch not fixing my problem

Post by larsV on Tue 02 Jul 2013, 09:49

pls also download the error trap mod from nraas and add it to the mod folder (packages) then start the game and start a NEW Game don`t use the ones you already have created.

i have done it and the lag reduce greatly.

larsV
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : sims,gta,football manager
Male Posts : 106
Points : 1764
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2013-02-20
Age : 47
Location : maassluis,the netherlands

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: overwatch not fixing my problem

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 02 Jul 2013, 17:19

@killerkittycat wrote:I just started playing island paradise and noticed that after playing for about a minute or two my game will begin to lag. After doing some digging on the forums I tried resetting all sims to rule out the possibility of the game having unroutable sims and spawning too much stuff as the source of lag. Resetting all sims did eliminate my lag, so I installed the overwatch mod. 

I know the mod is working because it pops up saying "unroutable sim found: name".. But it has not helped my game play at all. This lag is terrible, and resetting sims every 2 minutes is annoying.

Help please!!! I just want to play Sad

Hello,

What other mods from NRAAS do you have ? You might even temporarily go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and rename the "Mods" folder. Start the game, and see if that helped.

If nothing changed, please exit the game and rename your Mods folder back to normal again ("Mods").

Please let me know the result, so that we can maybe go further.
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14104
Points : 18712
Reputation : 1989
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: overwatch not fixing my problem

Post by killerkittycat on Wed 03 Jul 2013, 21:58

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,


I'm not sure Overwatch will reset unroutable sims as they appear but rather, once every sim-day. The same goes for all the inventory cars it removes.
What you can do is find out where most unroutable sims come from. When an unroutable sim is found, you'll receive a message in the upper right corner and clicking the portrait of the sim will take you to its location. 
You could find that it's a specific community lot that routes badly and a solution can be to change the lot type to "no visitors" if that's the case.
Are you playing the Island Paradise world? It could have bad routing, but there's no fix for that (yet).
Try getting ErrorTrap as well. It's not for routing issues per se, but it can help nonetheless.
I downloaded errortrap and added the .package file to my mods/packages folder and haven't noticed any changes (although I only booted the game up for 30 seconds). Are there any settings I need to enable with this mod? After I write this I will try the "no visitors" thing. I am playing the Island Paradise world Razz
cat2006house wrote:
Hello,

Lady Eldi is correct. Another mod that you can try is Nraas Master Controller, which can manage the population of your town. The mod provides manual interactions for altering sims either individually or en-masse so that lags can be largely reduced. If the unroutable problem persists, please let us know.
I added Master Controller to my packages folder. I can see it when I click on my sim, but what options would you recommend for me to edit to notice improvement? 
Carlos G. wrote:
Hello,

What other mods from NRAAS do you have ? You might even temporarily go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and rename the "Mods" folder. Start the game, and see if that helped.

If nothing changed, please exit the game and rename your Mods folder back to normal again ("Mods").

Please let me know the result, so that we can maybe go further.
Since reading this post I now have all of the following mods:
nointro.package
NRass_ErrorTrap.package
NRaas_MasterController.package
NRass_Overwatch.package

I did not try renaming the mods folder yet because I know that my mods are working since I can see the NRaas options when I click my sim


Thanks for all of the replies

killerkittycat
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 5
Points : 1525
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-06-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: overwatch not fixing my problem

Post by J.T. on Thu 04 Jul 2013, 07:20

Hello,

You can try this option: Clean All: Cleans all cleanable items, and throws away all disposable ones.

_________________

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

avatar
J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442
Points : 5815
Reputation : 306
Join date : 2013-01-29
Age : 21
Location : Panem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum