Really bizarre issue out of nowhere. (Admin/Mod help please?).[SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Really bizarre issue out of nowhere. (Admin/Mod help please?).[SOLVED]

Post by Sephymuffins on Sun 30 Jun 2013, 10:58

Okay so I've lurked and posted on this forum quite a bit and to be honest, I NEVER thought I'd be posting a topic about something like this. 

So I've had all of the expansions installed on my base-game for months now. I recently installed a few stuff packs I was missing and obviously Island Paradise (mind you, I did have some issues getting this to work but it was mainly my own errors I had to fix). I wasn't having any weird problems until I went into my game to resume building a house yesterday. I cannot put anything object-wise on Custom Content counters and the like - sinks appear to fall through the countertops and objects want to be placed UNDERNEATH the counter like some 5 year old was playing with an appliance and was trying to hide it from mommy and daddy. Facepalm 

I, of course, Googled my problem and the only thing I could find was forum spam and blogs going on about this horrendous "patch 1.26 for Sims 3 Pets" crap, where EA changed how Custom Content works suppoedly. What has really got me wondering what the hell happened is... why is this NOW popping up? Mind you, since I've installed The Sims 3 (thank you SO much to G4TW for that), I've LITERALLY never even made a family with an animal. I feel I rarely use that expansion and for as long as I can remember, this has never been an issue. I didn't do anything different, other than than having installed the other stuff packs, etc. I mean, for christ sakes the patch was released in October of 2011 and suddenly my game is acting like I've patched it recently? scratch 

I went to TSR here and I couldn't seem to get their "fix" to work. I also found another via Modthesims2.com that only works on .package files and I have a crap ton of sims3packs, not .packages. Bottom line is, I have no idea what's going on, but nothing I've been trying is working. I've found a lot of ramble on blogs like I mentioned and found few results or fixes to the issue at hand - in fact, the two I mentioned already were the only "solutions" I've found. Oddly enough, it's as if everyone stopped talking about it in 2011 and the issue ceased to. I see no one complaining about this issue two years later like I am! What the heck!

I was hoping to get an Admin or a Moderator, mainly because they may have experience with this patch that was "oh-so-daunting". I didn't even realize this had been an issue so many years ago, until now. Either way, this has made my game virtually impossible to play. Was this an error on my part? I'd really prefer not to do a total fresh reinstall of all expansions because I'd have to redownload via torrents all of them, all over again. I AM willing to throw The Sims 3 Pets out a window (i.e., uninstalling it) if it means I get my GAME back and my CC back!

Any help would be great! gkfjdkgjfdgf
FUU!
Sephymuffins
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.
Female Posts : 582

View user profile http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: Really bizarre issue out of nowhere. (Admin/Mod help please?).[SOLVED]

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Sun 30 Jun 2013, 11:05

Hello,

These counters, are they custom content or store content?
Unfortunately, uninstalling Pets isn't going to work. It's the patch level, not the expansion. 
But try this: Go in game and sell the counter, then buy it again and see if it works.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins on Sun 30 Jun 2013, 11:09

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

These counters, are they custom content or store content?
Unfortunately, uninstalling Pets isn't going to work. It's the patch level, not the expansion. 
But try this: Go in game and sell the counter, then buy it again and see if it works.

I tested it on a normal in-game counter and I have no problem. I put it on any custom content counter and it wigs out. 
Now that you say that though, I'm pretty sure a huge portion of my "cc" is categorized as store content, even though it was downloaded by me. 

I'm going to boot up the game and see if what you suggested helps. 

Do you have any idea why I'd be having this issue now, though?
Sephymuffins
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims™, Final Fantasy, F.E.A.R, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Minecraft, DayZ, Infestation: Survivor Stories, 7 Days To Die, Metal Gear Rising, The Walking Dead, Fable 3, Bioshock, Skyrim, Fallout, Spore.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Sun 30 Jun 2013, 11:16

Hello,

No, I don't. It's really weird.
You didn't download this content recently?

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins on Sun 30 Jun 2013, 11:20

The only things I downloaded recently were a few furniture pieces, clothing, etc. Just normal downloads here and there. I'm wondering if perhaps something I downloaded was bad, I just didn't think CC could do that? Since after googling it, my situation replicates that terrible patch issue. I am VERY mindful of what I download though, mainly because I had an issue where I got something that made all of my children from toddler to teenager have these weird phantom heads above their heads that I couldn't seem to get rid of (even after I got rid of every piece of cc).
Sephymuffins
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins on Sun 30 Jun 2013, 11:28

I was testing different counters and with any and every one I have that is not from the actual game, it does this. Same with the objects wanting to be placed underneath the counters, like it doesn't even register that they can be placed on top. It's as if counters that are CC have no slots.

Also, my sims do a weird glitch twitch when they go to "wash their hands" at the ground level sink, lol. I don't remember seeing anyone mentioning that happening in their game when it was a Pets patch issue? ~_~
Sephymuffins
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Sun 30 Jun 2013, 11:30

Hello,

It is possible, but not that likely.
What could be going on is, that it's only your more recently added items. 
Can you check that this happens with all of your cc, or just a few random items? It's possible that the ones you added recently weren't updated for the Pets patchlevel.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sephymuffins on Sun 30 Jun 2013, 11:47

Okay, you are right. I just laid out a whole scheme of CC counters and some work, some don't. silent I didn't even realize this would be an issue, or that it could be an issue. I suppose in my mass downloading sprees I didn't remember that some thing are not compatible. So far this only appears with counters, I have yet to find it in tables, side tables, coffee tables, etc. 

It seems my issue is resolved and I thank you so much for helping me. Thank you!! @_@
Sephymuffins
Posting Master
Posting Master

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Tue 02 Jul 2013, 08:59

Hello,

You're welcome Smile
don't hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)