Looks like i did everything correctly, but game won't open

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Looks like i did everything correctly, but game won't open

Post by Miavine on Sun 30 Jun 2013, 15:09

Hi, First of all, thanks a lot for providing the game and for what i hear, great support Smile

I've checked the forum, and found nothing i could use to solve this problem i have.

I got the base game and 5 expansions from legal psysical games (non origin) and I'm trying to install your seasons and supernatural expansions. The games both installed fine, and I updatet with the manual patch just fine. After that the new games registered as being "present" by the launcher, but ofcourse wouldn't start without the cd. So I went on to the cracks. I watched the video and read the how to very carefully, and replaced the files in base game, ambitions, world adventures and late night. After that I replaced the files in programfiles\electronicarts\thesims3\game\bin with the "all expansions after and including generations" content. But now when i start the sims launcher, the new games aren't registered as present by the launcher. (The little icons aren't there) And when i press play, the launcher closes, my computer thinks for a split second, and then... nothing. The launcher dissapears and the game never starts.

What went wrong?

Kind regards

Maria

Miavine
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Looks like i did everything correctly, but game won't open

Post by invalidusername on Sun 30 Jun 2013, 15:15

Now, you need to replace the original files (which are what you put into your game folders) with the #crack folder, at least in the base game. That is the only folder that you actually need from the ultimate fix anymore, as the rest are the original files, so that you are able to update using the launcher.
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher
Female Posts : 2043

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Same Problem

Post by PrincessCassi on Mon 01 Jul 2013, 18:11

I am having the same problem. It started after I installed Seasons, I was getting a "no disk found" msg when i would start the game. I downloaded the fix and now the game won't  open after I press play on the launcher. I went back and did the "# crack" files again but it still won't work. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Oh also I made sure I put the files in the Sims 3 file, not the expansion files. I would appreciate any advice!!! Thanks!!
Help Noob
Update: Ok so it's working now, I did the fix AGAIN and instead of dragging and dropping the files I copied and pasted them and for some reason that seemed to work! Very Happy

PrincessCassi
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

Female Posts : 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miavine on Tue 02 Jul 2013, 13:06

Weeee!! Very Happy It works! Thx a lot! you really keep your promises on this site

Miavine
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Tue 02 Jul 2013, 13:09

@Miavine wrote:Weeee!! Very Happy It works! Thx a lot! you really keep your promises on this site

Hello,

they always do. They wrote Support in a capital letter.

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Miavine on Tue 02 Jul 2013, 15:49

But what if I want to add more expansions? I just install them? the #fix will still be in affect? Smile

It's an addiction
1 when you get one expansion, you gotta have more Hammertime

Miavine
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Tue 02 Jul 2013, 15:50

@Miavine wrote:But what if I want to add more expansions? I just install them? the #fix will still be in affect? Smile

It's an addiction
1 when you get one expansion, you gotta have more Hammertime

Hello,

Install the expansions, apply the manual patch and then the Ultimate Fix.

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: