Suddenly, Island Paradise no longer works

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Suddenly, Island Paradise no longer works

Post by goblinbee on Mon 01 Jul 2013, 03:03

I installed Island Paradise and have been playing it for about a week with no problems. Now, suddenly, when I start the game it goes through the cinematic then just goes blank.

I've re-downloaded and re-applied the Ultimate Fix, then I did the same for the manual patch. I've even tried disabling custom content in the Launcher but nothing works. What can I do?

goblinbee
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suddenly, Island Paradise no longer works

Post by J.T. on Mon 01 Jul 2013, 04:31

@goblinbee wrote:I installed Island Paradise and have been playing it for about a week with no problems. Now, suddenly, when I start the game it goes through the cinematic then just goes blank.

I've re-downloaded and re-applied the Ultimate Fix, then I did the same for the manual patch. I've even tried disabling custom content in the Launcher but nothing works. What can I do?

Hello,

Have you tried the usual method? Rename this folder: C:\Users\(name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 and run the game again.

If you have any problems after trying this method, I will suggest another method. But until then, try this method.

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bluekatz on Mon 01 Jul 2013, 19:49

cat2006house wrote:
@goblinbee wrote:I installed Island Paradise and have been playing it for about a week with no problems. Now, suddenly, when I start the game it goes through the cinematic then just goes blank.

Hello,

Have you tried the usual method? Rename this folder: C:\Users\(name)\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 and run the game again.

If you have any problems after trying this method, I will suggest another method. But until then, try this method.

I was having the same problem with the black screen. Renaming the folder worked! Thank you <3

bluekatz
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Tue 02 Jul 2013, 00:28

@bluekatz wrote:
cat2006house wrote:

Hello,

I was having the same problem with the black screen. Renaming the folder worked! Thank you <3

Hello,

You are welcome.Smile Don't hesitate to ask any questions!
Happy simming!The Sims 3 plumbob 

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: