Error trap goes CRAZY!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Error trap goes CRAZY!!

Post by Sweetyme3 on Mon 01 Jul 2013, 23:05

So in the half hour of playing, I've gotten script error from error trap constantly.
Everytime I close 50, i get 50 new ones and counting.
Whats going on????

And then, a few days ago, I placed some harbors and houseboats in my neighbourhood,
and bought a boat. Then all houseboats and boat suddenly disappered.
I just placed some new houseboats and bought a new boat, and the same thing happend,
so I just gave up on it. Anybody know what that is about?

Sweetyme3
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Posts : 20
Points : 2019
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Error trap goes CRAZY!!

Post by J.T. on Tue 02 Jul 2013, 00:49

@Sweetyme3 wrote:So in the half hour of playing, I've gotten script error from error trap constantly.
Everytime I close 50, i get 50 new ones and counting.
Whats going on????

And then, a few days ago, I placed some harbors and houseboats in my neighbourhood,
and bought a boat. Then all houseboats and boat suddenly disappered.
I just placed some new houseboats and bought a new boat, and the same thing happend,
so I just gave up on it. Anybody know what that is about?

Hello,

Is your Errortrap up-to-date?

_________________

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

avatar
J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442
Points : 5813
Reputation : 306
Join date : 2013-01-29
Age : 21
Location : Panem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Error trap goes CRAZY!!

Post by Sweetyme3 on Tue 02 Jul 2013, 01:16

Yes, Error trap is updated, and my other mods are too. 

And now, I have a third problem;
None of my NPC are showing up?!):

Sweetyme3
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Posts : 20
Points : 2019
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Error trap goes CRAZY!!

Post by J.T. on Tue 02 Jul 2013, 01:21

Hello,

The first question about script error is a very common glitch and there is no resloutions for this.

For your second and third problems, I can say it's your corrupted mods/CC causing problems. You can try using CCMagic, which can help you organise your CC and wipe out all corrupted CC. Or you can try Overwatch.

_________________

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

avatar
J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442
Points : 5813
Reputation : 306
Join date : 2013-01-29
Age : 21
Location : Panem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Error trap goes CRAZY!!

Post by Sweetyme3 on Tue 02 Jul 2013, 14:54

CC Magic isn't installing all my CC's :s
So i reinstalled all my .sims3packs via launcher,
and Delphy's Dashboard finds conflics with pretty much
all my CC...

Sweetyme3
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Posts : 20
Points : 2019
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Error trap goes CRAZY!!

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 02 Jul 2013, 16:23

cat2006house wrote:Hello,

Is your Errortrap up-to-date?

I have the latest version of ErrorTrap too, and I'm also getting constant "script.error" pop-ups. It looks like ErrorTrap hasn't been optimised for Island Paradise yet.


@Sweetyme3 wrote:Yes, Error trap is updated, and my other mods are too. 

And now, I have a third problem;
None of my NPC are showing up?!):

Try going to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete the unnecessary cache:


-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"



//EDIT

You might even try to create a new savegame (don't delete your old savegame yet !), and test if your NPC's show up.


@Sweetyme3 wrote:CC Magic isn't installing all my CC's :s
So i reinstalled all my .sims3packs via launcher,
and Delphy's Dashboard finds conflics with pretty much
all my CC...

What kind of CC are these ? Where did you download them from, and what do they include ?

You have to make sure that you update your ".package" files too when a new base game patch is released. But first, you might try this: go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and rename the folder "Mods" (for example: "Mods_backup"). This will basically disable all your ".package" files. Now try your game, and see what happens.
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14090
Points : 18695
Reputation : 1988
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Error trap goes CRAZY!!

Post by Sweetyme3 on Wed 03 Jul 2013, 17:44

I'm glad that I'm not the only one having problems with errortrap!
I guess I'm just gonna have to wait then (:

I started a new game, where all the NPC's showed up, went back to my current game,
and they all showed up.
My exact problem is, that the Grim Reaper doesnt show, not even when I click the mailbox
and try to force him.
All the other NPC's show, BUT the grim reaper.

My CC's are from the torrent "Complete Sims 3 Store June 2013 (package and decrapified sims3pack".

Sweetyme3
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Posts : 20
Points : 2019
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-03-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Error trap goes CRAZY!!

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 03 Jul 2013, 18:27

@Sweetyme3 wrote:I'm glad that I'm not the only one having problems with errortrap!
I guess I'm just gonna have to wait then (:

I started a new game, where all the NPC's showed up, went back to my current game,
and they all showed up.
My exact problem is, that the Grim Reaper doesnt show, not even when I click the mailbox
and try to force him.
All the other NPC's show, BUT the grim reaper.

My CC's are from the torrent "Complete Sims 3 Store June 2013 (package and decrapified sims3pack".

I'm going to try the thing with the Grim Reaper myself (in the next days). Or if you have time, you can try this: download and install, for example, the NRAAS "Debug Enabler" mod; or any other mod, with which you can force the death of a sim. After doing that, see if the Grim Reaper comes (but please, don't save your game after that). Wink

The last time I forced a death was with the patch level 1.50, and with the University expansion installed, but I will try it with "Island Paradise" too.
avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14090
Points : 18695
Reputation : 1988
Join date : 2012-11-02
Age : 30
Location : San Fierro

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum