Weird error message when trying to install. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Weird error message when trying to install. [SOLVED]

Post by texasteahc on Tue 02 Jul 2013, 01:35


I'm sorry, this may have been answered already - I don't know what's going on, though after searching.

Okay. I'm getting this.


 

 Is there anything that I'm doing wrong? I can't install the pack, so I can't really read any further into the How-To
avatar
texasteahc
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 14
Points : 1530
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-07-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Weird error message when trying to install. [SOLVED]

Post by J.T. on Tue 02 Jul 2013, 01:41

@texasteahc wrote:
I'm sorry, this may have been answered already - I don't know what's going on, though after searching.

Okay. I'm getting this.


 

 Is there anything that I'm doing wrong? I can't install the pack, so I can't really read any further into the How-To

Hello,

Try another web browser. Or try redownloading. Your file is corrupted. Please use WinRar to unzip your file. Using other unzipping tools may cause this problem.

_________________

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

avatar
J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442
Points : 5813
Reputation : 306
Join date : 2013-01-29
Age : 21
Location : Panem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Weird error message when trying to install. [SOLVED]

Post by texasteahc on Tue 02 Jul 2013, 01:57

cat2006house wrote:
Hello,

Try another web browser. Or try redownloading. Your file is corrupted. Please use WinRar to unzip your file. Using other unzipping tools may cause this problem.

 WinRar fixed it. Thank you!
avatar
texasteahc
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 14
Points : 1530
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-07-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Weird error message when trying to install. [SOLVED]

Post by J.T. on Tue 02 Jul 2013, 02:03

@texasteahc wrote:
cat2006house wrote:
Hello,

Try another web browser. Or try redownloading. Your file is corrupted. Please use WinRar to unzip your file. Using other unzipping tools may cause this problem.

 WinRar fixed it. Thank you!

Hello,
Glad to hear!Very Happy  Happy simming The Sims 3 plumbob ,
and don't hesitate to ask any questions!

_________________

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

avatar
J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442
Points : 5813
Reputation : 306
Join date : 2013-01-29
Age : 21
Location : Panem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Weird error message when trying to install. [SOLVED]

Post by texasteahc on Tue 02 Jul 2013, 02:11

cat2006house wrote:
@texasteahc wrote:
cat2006house wrote:
Hello,

Try another web browser. Or try redownloading. Your file is corrupted. Please use WinRar to unzip your file. Using other unzipping tools may cause this problem.

 WinRar fixed it. Thank you!

Hello,
Glad to hear!Very Happy  Happy simming The Sims 3 plumbob ,
and don't hesitate to ask any questions!

 Okay, I have one more question. Haha.

Since I got my base game via Origin, I still follow the drag and drop to the bin file, yes? The only thing that would change is "/EA" to "origin"

 And, do I replace the files or keep both of them?
avatar
texasteahc
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 14
Points : 1530
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-07-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Weird error message when trying to install. [SOLVED]

Post by J.T. on Tue 02 Jul 2013, 02:13

@texasteahc wrote:
cat2006house wrote:
@texasteahc wrote:
cat2006house wrote:
Hello,

Try another web browser. Or try redownloading. Your file is corrupted. Please use WinRar to unzip your file. Using other unzipping tools may cause this problem.

 WinRar fixed it. Thank you!

Hello,
Glad to hear!Very Happy  Happy simming The Sims 3 plumbob ,
and don't hesitate to ask any questions!

 Okay, I have one more question. Haha.

Since I got my base game via Origin, I still follow the drag and drop to the bin file, yes? The only thing that would change is "/EA" to "origin"

 And, do I replace the files or keep both of them?

Hello,

It's "Origin Games", not "Origin", but you are close. Replace TS3W.exe and TSLHost.dll in The Sims 3 folder of the Origin Games folder with the crack of the Ultimate Fix.

_________________

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

avatar
J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442
Points : 5813
Reputation : 306
Join date : 2013-01-29
Age : 21
Location : Panem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Weird error message when trying to install. [SOLVED]

Post by texasteahc on Tue 02 Jul 2013, 02:21

cat2006house wrote:
@texasteahc wrote:
cat2006house wrote:
@texasteahc wrote:
cat2006house wrote:
Hello,

Try another web browser. Or try redownloading. Your file is corrupted. Please use WinRar to unzip your file. Using other unzipping tools may cause this problem.

 WinRar fixed it. Thank you!

Hello,
Glad to hear!Very Happy  Happy simming The Sims 3 plumbob ,
and don't hesitate to ask any questions!

 Okay, I have one more question. Haha.

Since I got my base game via Origin, I still follow the drag and drop to the bin file, yes? The only thing that would change is "/EA" to "origin"

 And, do I replace the files or keep both of them?

Hello,

It's "Origin Games", not "Origin", but you are close. Replace TS3W.exe and TSLHost.dll in The Sims 3 folder of the Origin Games folder with the crack of the Ultimate Fix.

I only need to do it once for the two other expansions I'm downloading?
avatar
texasteahc
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 14
Points : 1530
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-07-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Weird error message when trying to install. [SOLVED]

Post by J.T. on Tue 02 Jul 2013, 02:24

@texasteahc wrote:
I only need to do it once for the two other expansions I'm downloading?

Hello,

Yes, you can do it once after downloading and installing all the expansions you want. Please make sure your game is up-to-date (1.55).

_________________

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

avatar
J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442
Points : 5813
Reputation : 306
Join date : 2013-01-29
Age : 21
Location : Panem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Weird error message when trying to install. [SOLVED]

Post by BraGGin' Rights on Wed 03 Jul 2013, 01:55

I was having the same problem and using WINRAR fixed it for me as well...thank you!

BraGGin' Rights
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 3
Points : 1518
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-07-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Weird error message when trying to install. [SOLVED]

Post by Shamrock on Fri 12 Jul 2013, 14:04

Problem solved, topic locked.

_________________
Have some tea, and take care!
Best regards,

Shamrock  





Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
avatar
Shamrock
Forum Moderator
Taking care of the Forum
Forum Moderator Taking care of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265
Points : 5881
Reputation : 381
Join date : 2012-03-06
Location : On the slim border between sane and insane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum