Manual patch won't download. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Manual patch won't download. [SOLVED]

Post by gittelbug on Tue 02 Jul 2013, 05:16

Hello,
I'm trying to update my game via the ultimate fix. It gave me an error when I followed the steps on the directions, I went to the patch but the patch won't download.
Thanks,
gittelbug
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims1-3, Tropico, Things that don't involve too much brain power
Female Posts : 51

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Manual patch won't download. [SOLVED]

Post by J.T. on Tue 02 Jul 2013, 05:19

@gittelbug wrote:Hello,
I'm trying to update my game via the ultimate fix. It gave me an error when I followed the steps on the directions, I went to the patch but the patch won't download.
Thanks,

Hello,

I think you are making mistakes. Ultimate Fix is not a patch. Follow the instructions on http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly.

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gittelbug on Tue 02 Jul 2013, 05:25

cat2006house wrote:
Thanks,

Hello,

I think you are making mistakes. Ultimate Fix is not a patch. Follow the instructions on http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly.

Yes, but look at step two of Admin's post

Admin wrote:If you get an update error when trying to install any of the expansions, do step 2 first and then continue with step 1 again.

2. After you've installed all the games you want, RE-DOWNLOAD and RE-APPLY this manual patch: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v133-fix-manual-patch (The Mac version of the manual patch can be downloaded HERE)

That is the patch i'm referring to. I go through all the steps of the ultimate fix but my game still says I have to update. So i updated and it gives me an error message and stops. So I go to the patch linked above but it won't download to my computer. I even left it going all night to see if it'd start up.

Last edited by gittelbug on Tue 02 Jul 2013, 05:29; edited 1 time in total

Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims1-3, Tropico, Things that don't involve too much brain power

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Tue 02 Jul 2013, 05:28

@gittelbug wrote:
cat2006house wrote:
Thanks,

Hello,

Yes, but look at step two

Admin wrote:If you get an update error when trying to install any of the expansions, do step 2 first and then continue with step 1 again.

2. After you've installed all the games you want, RE-DOWNLOAD and RE-APPLY this manual patch: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v133-fix-manual-patch (The Mac version of the manual patch can be downloaded HERE)

That is the patch i'm referring to. I go through all the steps of the ultimate fix but my game still says I have to update. So i updated and it gives me an error message and stops. So I go to the patch linked above but it won't download to my computer. I even left it going all night to see if it'd start up.

Hello,

Please wait until the manual patch pops up. After patching, you can copy over the contents of #crack folder in the Ultimate Fix to C:\Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 \Game\Bin and replace the original.

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gittelbug on Tue 02 Jul 2013, 05:31

cat2006house wrote:
@gittelbug wrote:
cat2006house wrote:
Thanks,

Hello,

Hello,

Please wait until the manual patch pops up. After patching, you can copy over the contents of #crack folder in the Ultimate Fix to C:\Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 \Game\Bin and replace the original.

But that's the problem the patch itself won't download/pop up. The program won't download to my computer it's been sitting idly waiting to download since last night.
gittelbug
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Tue 02 Jul 2013, 05:33

@gittelbug wrote:
cat2006house wrote:
@gittelbug wrote:
cat2006house wrote:
Thanks,

Hello,

Hello,

But that's the problem the patch itself won't download/pop up. The program won't download to my computer it's been sitting idly waiting to download since last night.

Hello,

Please try redownloading or downloading via other web browsers.

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gittelbug on Tue 02 Jul 2013, 05:37

Ok retried with chrome and nothing happened the download says it'll take 12 days -.- 
Opened up firefox and it seems to be working. *crosses fingers*

Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Tue 02 Jul 2013, 05:49

@gittelbug wrote:Ok retried with chrome and nothing happened the download says it'll take 12 days -.- 
Opened up firefox and it seems to be working. *crosses fingers*

Hello,

Please tell us the results after you are done.

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gittelbug on Tue 02 Jul 2013, 06:02

It was doing ok but now it seems to have come to standstill at 3 mins and 18 seconds. It's been over 3 mins now.
gittelbug
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Tue 02 Jul 2013, 06:13

@gittelbug wrote:It was doing ok but now it seems to have come to standstill at 3 mins and 18 seconds. It's been over 3 mins now.

Hello,

This is odd... Is it working now? If not, go to Tools -> Internet Options -> In the General Tab, click delete -> click ok -> Do the same (clear browsing history of all web browsers and try again) for all browsers -> close the web browsers -> reopen one web browser and try again.

Last edited by cat2006house on Thu 04 Jul 2013, 06:38; edited 3 times in total

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gittelbug on Tue 02 Jul 2013, 06:29

OK finally got it to download after trying it on chrome again. Now let's hope it worked! The launcher won't show up ugh. It's running in the background but won't show up for me. -.-
gittelbug
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Tue 02 Jul 2013, 06:57

@gittelbug wrote:OK finally got it to download after trying it on chrome again. Now let's hope it worked! The launcher won't show up ugh. It's running in the background but won't show up for me. -.-

Hello,

If you can find it in hidden icons (bottom-right hand corner), you will able to open it by clicking on it.

Last edited by cat2006house on Thu 04 Jul 2013, 06:39; edited 1 time in total

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gittelbug on Tue 02 Jul 2013, 14:43

Hello, thanks for the info. I finally got everything to work. Now let's hope no more problems. Thanks for your help!

Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername on Tue 02 Jul 2013, 19:34

I'll leave this topic open, just to make sure your game is working fine. Let us know how it goes after some play time. Smile
invalidusername
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher
Female Posts : 2043

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by gittelbug on Wed 03 Jul 2013, 05:57

Installed island paradise and played for a bit. So far so good. Thanks!

//SOLVED
//LOCKED
Shamrock
gittelbug
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum