My Sim Celebrated Birthday Even though i bought an Age Freezing Potion?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Sim Celebrated Birthday Even though i bought an Age Freezing Potion?

Post by tahooba on Wed 03 Jul 2013, 15:19

as to what the title says, NOTE: i did not buy any CAKE, i made my sim Jump on Trampoline and then POOF! "yourname's birthday" and now my sim died damn....i think i regret installing Island Paradise, is this IP bug?? it didnt happen when im still playing patch 1.50

*my game is now supper laggy, i think its because of my sims having birthdays simultaneously even though they had age freeze potions..and i got my Sims Life set to EPIC*

any opinions are welcome..
tahooba
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3 (series) *especially if it has no bugs? troll"
Male Posts : 40

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Sim Celebrated Birthday Even though i bought an Age Freezing Potion?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 03 Jul 2013, 17:41

tahooba wrote:as to what the title says, NOTE: i did not buy any CAKE, i made my sim Jump on Trampoline and then POOF! "yourname's birthday" and now my sim died damn....i think i regret installing Island Paradise, is this IP bug?? it didnt happen when im still playing patch 1.50

*my game is now supper laggy, i think its because of my sims having birthdays simultaneously even though they had age freeze potions..and i got my Sims Life set to EPIC*

Hello there,

You actually bought an "age freezing potion" ? Why don't you just turn off the aging of the sims in the in-game options ? Wink

And I hope you didn't save your game ? If you really did, then remember (for the future): whenever you realise anything strange or unusual about your game, then quit the game without saving, even if you lose some progress.

So you jumped on the trampoline and suddenly the birthday windows popped up ? I'm not sure about that one, but you could delete the trampoline in buy-mode, then you buy a new trampoline. Then test if this changed anything. If not, then that might be another bug to add to this game. 

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14419

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tahooba on Wed 03 Jul 2013, 17:47

Carlos G. wrote:
tahooba wrote:as to what the title says, NOTE: i did not buy any CAKE, i made my sim Jump on Trampoline and then POOF! "yourname's birthday" and now my sim died damn....i think i regret installing Island Paradise, is this IP bug?? it didnt happen when im still playing patch 1.50

Hello there,

You actually bought an "age freezing potion" ? Why don't you just turn off the aging of the sims in the in-game options ? Wink

And I hope you didn't save your game ? If you really did, then remember (for the future): whenever you realise anything strange or unusual about your game, then quit the game without saving, even if you lose some progress.

So you jumped on the trampoline and suddenly the birthday windows popped up ? I'm not sure about that one, but you could delete the trampoline in buy-mode, then you buy a new trampoline. Then test if this changed anything. If not, then that might be another bug to add to this game. 

i have patch 1.50 before and im using Sunlit Tides as my world,  i bought age freeze potions for every sim i have which is currently 8 of em long ago before Iparadiso comes,...now that i installed the IP and 1.55 patch i copied my family/house into clipboard and then started a new game in IParadiso and moved my Family/house. i didnt noticed that my sims were aging the time i moved them to Iparadiso because their aging "bars" says "agingstuff: NEVER"...but there is something that bugs me, i turn down the sliders in the in-game options to make the life cycle of the townfolks much faster so new neighbors will come and go...and then thats when i noticed that my sims began to have their birthdays, when i looked at their lifetime rewards the "freezing potion" was still active yet they aged and died.

secondly i thought of turning off the aging of the sims yes...but if i turn that off what would happen to my townfolks? they will stop aging too right? and the life cycle of the townfolks would just stuck and probably would result to lag? hmm im still a newbie to this kind of concerns, i maybe wrong..
tahooba
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Wed 03 Jul 2013, 17:54

tahooba wrote:ah i bought age freeze potions for every sim i have which is currently 8 of em, i thought of turning off the aging of the sims yes...but if i turn that off what would happen to my townfolks? they will stop aging too right? and the life cycle of the townfolks would just stuck and probably would result to lag? hmm im still a newbie to this kind of concerns, i maybe wrong..

Since I have started playing The Sims 3, I have turned off the aging. Yes, the other sims in your neighbourhood will stop aging too, but I have never had any lags.

Your lag might be due to other reasons, like incompatible mods/CC; yes, and even a corrupt savegame. I hope the latter is not the case with you.

You might try this here too: go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saves and look for a folder with the name (Name of your savefile).sims3. For now, move this folder out (to your desktop, or wherever). Then in the same location, you need to rename the folder (Name of your savefile).sims3.backup; just remove the ".backup" ending of the folder name.

Now when you start the game, you will have lost a bit of progress (maybe), but see if this changed anything.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14419

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tahooba on Wed 03 Jul 2013, 17:57

Carlos G. wrote:
tahooba wrote:ah i bought age freeze potions for every sim i have which is currently 8 of em, i thought of turning off the aging of the sims yes...but if i turn that off what would happen to my townfolks? they will stop aging too right? and the life cycle of the townfolks would just stuck and probably would result to lag? hmm im still a newbie to this kind of concerns, i maybe wrong..

Since I have started playing The Sims 3, I have turned off the aging. Yes, the other sims in your neighbourhood will stop aging too, but I have never had any lags.

Your lag might be due to other reasons, like incompatible mods/CC; yes, and even a corrupt savegame. I hope the latter is not the case with you.

You might try this here too: go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saves and look for a folder with the name (Name of your savefile).sims3. For now, move this folder out (to your desktop, or wherever). Then in the same location, you need to rename the folder (Name of your savefile).sims3.backup; just remove the ".backup" ending of the folder name.

Now when you start the game, you will have lost a bit of progress (maybe), but see if this changed anything.

okay i will try this out and come back to report here right away.
tahooba
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top