Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by braaaaains on Wed 03 Jul 2013, 23:32

Holy crap I could KISS you!
Well I couldn't, actually, but I WOULD!
Thank you so much for being so retardedly awesome 24/7 and 8 days a week Very Happy

braaaaains
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Posts : 27
Join date : 2012-03-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by TheQuirk on Thu 04 Jul 2013, 00:31

I really like how there are pictures and descriptions of the package files. There's many times where I'll forget what items are in them since the package names tend to be different from the Sims 3 store name. Very Happy 

Thanks Admin!

TheQuirk
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 10
Join date : 2013-03-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by Kalisa424 on Thu 04 Jul 2013, 01:06

The logo and font size also looks way too big to me. My screen is 1440 x 900. Using Google Chrome. And the logo picture is broken when you click the Sims 3 link on the left. I guess you aren't even supposed to be clicking that. But I was click happy and it opened a page. Here's the page Link.

I like the basic color scheme but the orange on the popup menus is kind of overpowering. Nothing to worry about if you like it, just saying.

I downloaded a few files and the speed was great. I only have a 6mb/sec dl speed but it was maxed.

And thank you by the way. We really do appreciate what you guys are doing.


Last edited by Kalisa424 on Thu 04 Jul 2013, 01:58; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Kalisa424
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, Second Life
Female Posts : 98
Points : 2018
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2012-06-11
Age : 55
Location : Texas, USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by TUN3R on Thu 04 Jul 2013, 01:12

Hmm, I didn't actually expect this...

You know I was kidding about sky-writting your name right?

Not that this isn't great, thanks!

_________________


TUN3R
BANNED
BANNED

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Male Posts : 646
Points : -7318
Reputation : -9982
Join date : 2012-02-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by D0lly on Thu 04 Jul 2013, 01:39

just beautiful!

_________________

D0lly supports !Unicorn!Unity!
avatar
D0lly
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3+EPs Sims 2 etc.(zombies ate my neighbors)
Female Posts : 18
Points : 2018
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-02-10
Age : 26
Location : orygun

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by mercurypagen on Thu 04 Jul 2013, 01:53

Hey, 


This is fantastic and how awesome are you guys in fixing things so quick?  *hands out cookies*


My only issue is the HJSplit program.  I can open it just fine, join files just fine...but then what?  How do I get the new joined file into the game?

mercurypagen
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Final Fantasy XI, Minecraft
Female Posts : 33
Points : 1918
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2012-06-07
Age : 37

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by stormycloud on Thu 04 Jul 2013, 02:25

@mercurypagen wrote:Hey, 


This is fantastic and how awesome are you guys in fixing things so quick?  *hands out cookies*


My only issue is the HJSplit program.  I can open it just fine, join files just fine...but then what?  How do I get the new joined file into the game?

 
Same here but only with some of the files like the Rococo_Set, I joined the files but after i couldn't install them. It worked fine with Dragon Valley Gold Edition.
avatar
stormycloud
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, The Sims 2, Ths Sims 3
Female Posts : 17
Points : 1831
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2012-08-17
Age : 27
Location : Chicago, IL USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by AmyH416 on Thu 04 Jul 2013, 02:50

@TheQuirk wrote:I really like how there are pictures and descriptions of the package files. There's many times where I'll forget what items are in them since the package names tend to be different from the Sims 3 store name. Very Happy 

Thanks Admin!

Yes, this! I am so happy to have a website to use to d/l items as you're able to build pages around the d/ls instead of just file sharing. FANTASTIC!

One question I do have (and forgive me if this is too similar to the above) - why are some of the downloads split into as many as 6 parts? Is it because of the size? If they're all .rars it seems like they could be compressed enough, but maybe I'm wrong. Also, if the solution has to be that they are split, can you correct the format descriptions for each neighborhood below the d/l table (for instance, on this page: http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/ts3/neighbourhoods.html) to match what we're actually d/ling?

i.e. Maybe on "Aurora Skies Gold Edition" it says "Format: multiple .rar files (Open and extract using WinRAR, and join files using HJSplit.)
(bolded my additions)

AmyH416
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Female Posts : 14
Points : 1923
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-05-04
Age : 31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by Emperor Magus on Thu 04 Jul 2013, 02:57

This is a wonderful thing to wake up to after a nap.

Thank you Admin for all your hard work to make all of us happy.
avatar
Emperor Magus
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows Vista

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Liberal Crime Squad, Football Manager 2012
Male Posts : 8
Points : 1577
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-04-14
Age : 32
Location : Over there *points*

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by mercurypagen on Thu 04 Jul 2013, 03:09

@stormycloud wrote:
@mercurypagen wrote:Hey, 


This is fantastic and how awesome are you guys in fixing things so quick?  *hands out cookies*


My only issue is the HJSplit program.  I can open it just fine, join files just fine...but then what?  How do I get the new joined file into the game?

 
Same here but only with some of the files like the Rococo_Set, I joined the files but after i couldn't install them. It worked fine with Dragon Valley Gold Edition.

 Once you said that DV worked, I tried that one, and did get it to work, same with the MedWedSet, those combined just fine.  Rocco did not. I figured it out on my end. 

For anyone else wondering how to install, once you join the split parts, it should combine them into a single .sims3 pack, easy to install from there.  I've been extracting the .rar files into a new folder on my desktop and listing that as my Input folder, and the output folder as another new folder, then moved into the launcher/downloads folder upon being joined.



EDIT:  DV installed just fine into the game via the launcher, however the MedWedSet failed. The launcher gives me no details as to why, it just said Failed. I've tried more than once.


Last edited by mercurypagen on Thu 04 Jul 2013, 03:34; edited 1 time in total

mercurypagen
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Final Fantasy XI, Minecraft
Female Posts : 33
Points : 1918
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2012-06-07
Age : 37

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Two Thumbs up!!

Post by TemoVa949 on Thu 04 Jul 2013, 03:22

I love it! Yeah G4TW user friendly! I am totally doing the "Go G4TW dance!"Hammertime

_________________
Trying not to drink heavily due to my recent career change!
avatar
TemoVa949
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims & COD
Female Posts : 5
Points : 1854
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-07-08
Age : 33
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by Nightdragonist on Thu 04 Jul 2013, 06:25

Thank you for your hard work Very Happy . I really appreciate it 
But i want to report somethin. It seems there are some issues in some pages
-2009 (June - Dec)
-2010 (Jan - Dec)
-2011 (Jan, Jule - Dec)
-2012 (June - Dec)
-2013 (Feb)

*edited*
Can you tell me what is HJSplit and how to use it? I'm kinda new here
Plus where do i find the chocolate fountain set?
Sorry to bother you :0


Last edited by Nightdragonist on Thu 04 Jul 2013, 07:38; edited 2 times in total

Nightdragonist
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 15
Points : 1498
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-07-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by gatecrazy on Thu 04 Jul 2013, 06:41

Yes!!!cheers Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I just wanted to say that I like the site. Been waiting on this ever since mediafire took it down. The pictures of the objects are really nice to see in case I forget what's in them. Oh, and the color's just fine with me. Heck, it could be black and white and look like crap and I'd still be happy with it. (Which it doesn't by the way.) You guys are awesome!!!!
                                                                                                  
                                                                                                            Hammertime
                                                                                                              The Sims 3 plumbob 

 
//EDIT


@Nightdragonist wrote:Thank you for your hard work Very Happy 
But i want to report somethin. It seems there are some issues in 2012 store content from June to December

*edited*
Can you tell me what is HJSplit and how to use it? I'm kinda new here
Plus where do i find the chocolate fountain set?
Sorry to bother you :0

 I don't think they have everything uploaded yet. Give them a little and I'm sure they'll get things in order. I think they just wanted us to know that it's up and running and that some things are there already for the ones that want them. Very Happy 
avatar
gatecrazy
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3!
Female Posts : 86
Points : 1908
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-08-29
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by stormycloud on Thu 04 Jul 2013, 06:52

@mercurypagen wrote:
@stormycloud wrote:
@mercurypagen wrote:Hey, 


This is fantastic and how awesome are you guys in fixing things so quick?  *hands out cookies*


My only issue is the HJSplit program.  I can open it just fine, join files just fine...but then what?  How do I get the new joined file into the game?

 
Same here but only with some of the files like the Rococo_Set, I joined the files but after i couldn't install them. It worked fine with Dragon Valley Gold Edition.

 Once you said that DV worked, I tried that one, and did get it to work, same with the MedWedSet, those combined just fine.  Rocco did not. I figured it out on my end. 

For anyone else wondering how to install, once you join the split parts, it should combine them into a single .sims3 pack, easy to install from there.  I've been extracting the .rar files into a new folder on my desktop and listing that as my Input folder, and the output folder as another new folder, then moved into the launcher/downloads folder upon being joined.



EDIT:  DV installed just fine into the game via the launcher, however the MedWedSet failed. The launcher gives me no details as to why, it just said Failed. I've tried more than once.

 Thanks I'm going to try it out and see how that works.Laughing
avatar
stormycloud
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, The Sims 2, Ths Sims 3
Female Posts : 17
Points : 1831
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2012-08-17
Age : 27
Location : Chicago, IL USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by Nightdragonist on Thu 04 Jul 2013, 06:56

@gatecrazy wrote:
@Nightdragonist wrote:Thank you for your hard work Very Happy 
But i want to report somethin. It seems there are some issues in 2012 store content from June to December

*edited*
Can you tell me what is HJSplit and how to use it? I'm kinda new here
Plus where do i find the chocolate fountain set?
Sorry to bother you :0

 I don't think they have everything uploaded yet. Give them a little and I'm sure they'll get things in order. I think they just wanted us to know that it's up and running and that some things are there already for the ones that want them. Very Happy 

 I know. But i just want to let them know since that website still in beta stage. They need out help to sort things out. That's why they create this feedback thread

(To the admins, sorry i edited my comment too much.)

Nightdragonist
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 15
Points : 1498
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-07-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by gatecrazy on Thu 04 Jul 2013, 07:03

@Nightdragonist wrote:Thank you for your hard work Very Happy . I really appreciate it 
But i want to report somethin. It seems there are some issues in some pages
-2009 (June - Dec)
-2010 (Jan - Dec)
-2011 (Jan, Jule - Dec)
-2012 (June - Dec)

*edited*
Can you tell me what is HJSplit and how to use it? I'm kinda new here
Plus where do i find the chocolate fountain set?
Sorry to bother you :0
Forgot to post this with my other comment. The chocolate fountain was part of the Le Cirque Celebration! set which I think was out around February or March 2011. Maybe you can narrow it down. Also if you look on the site for HJSplit they have a manual that shows you how to use it (it's easy and has pictures). I hope this helps you!  Very Happy 
avatar
gatecrazy
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3!
Female Posts : 86
Points : 1908
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-08-29
Location : USA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by Nightdragonist on Thu 04 Jul 2013, 07:35

@gatecrazy wrote:
@Nightdragonist wrote:Thank you for your hard work Very Happy . I really appreciate it 
But i want to report somethin. It seems there are some issues in some pages
-2009 (June - Dec)
-2010 (Jan - Dec)
-2011 (Jan, Jule - Dec)
-2012 (June - Dec)

*edited*
Can you tell me what is HJSplit and how to use it? I'm kinda new here
Plus where do i find the chocolate fountain set?
Sorry to bother you :0
Forgot to post this with my other comment. The chocolate fountain was part of the Le Cirque Celebration! set which I think was out around February or March 2011. Maybe you can narrow it down. Also if you look on the site for HJSplit they have a manual that shows you how to use it (it's easy and has pictures). I hope this helps you!  Very Happy 
Thank you, sir!

Nightdragonist
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 15
Points : 1498
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-07-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by pammy1120 on Thu 04 Jul 2013, 08:17

i love it!!!thanks..i'll be patient if there's a problem!!Smile))The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims 3 plumbob The Sims 3 plumbob cheers 

it's like a christmas gift on july:)))santa

pammy1120
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : sims3
Female Posts : 6
Points : 1719
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-11-16
Age : 25
Location : philippines

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by elizabethgrace on Thu 04 Jul 2013, 08:38

First of all, since y'all asked us to let you know how the layout looks on our screen resolutions, it fits perfectly for my 1600x900 resolution. Second of all, thank you for all of your hard work to get this up and running for us!

My only suggestion would be to include a guide on how to use hjsplit. I'm sure I'm not the only person who has never had to use it before and while I was able to figure it out on my own, there are probably others who will not be able to do so.

One other thing, as others have already reported, I am also unable to install the MedWedSet, it fails every time I try.


Last edited by elizabethgrace on Thu 04 Jul 2013, 08:50; edited 1 time in total

elizabethgrace
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : sims 3, world of warcraft, diablo 3, cod black ops 2
Male Posts : 11
Points : 1626
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-02-22
Location : dallas, tx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by cagil99 on Thu 04 Jul 2013, 08:39

Hello,
In my opinion there should be "Limited Editions" category for that site. Its hard to find limited editions for expansions.

_________________
Pills N Potions, we are overdosing. drunken
Can't stand it but I still love you.  bounce

______________________________________________________________________
My topics(click click, wont hurt Razz)
Finding out your bad .package files and speeding up your game
The Sims 3 CC "Please Make Sure Your Game Has the Latest Software Updates and Try Again" Fix
Solving Simple Lags and Making Game Faster (Changing Clothes are Faster etc)


Loop
Start playing when buffered ( Only Notify

) -
%
Smart Buffer
Estimated Time:
Donate to SmartVideo!
Global Preferences
avatar
cagil99
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 284
Points : 2256
Reputation : 31
Join date : 2012-06-24
Age : 18
Location : Cyprus

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by graceylouwho on Thu 04 Jul 2013, 08:59

i've been able to install everything so far except the live, laugh, love 'medwedset' i've tried multiple times & the launcher fails each time. i even looked through my installed content to be sure i wasn't just overlooking something. i've used the hjsplit for everything else & this is the only one giving me trouble so i thought i'd mention it & see if it was just me. 

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR EVERYTHING! You all do so much for everyone in this community & i really don't know what i'd do without games4theworld. be broke as heck & still playing with buggy ea 'fixes' & 'patches.' you guys rock & are so polite, i really don't know how you do it. anyway~ that's the only problem i've found so far, i'll be sure to let you know if anything else comes up =0]

graceylouwho
Beginner
Beginner

Posts : 5
Points : 2318
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2011-03-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by perlerose on Thu 04 Jul 2013, 09:07

Yay! I'm glad it's up, this'll be so much easier than wading through old sites and dead links!

I have some issues though, most of which have been mentioned already (giant text, stretched out pages, cut off text). Here's a screenshot of the front page as I see it: http://i.imgur.com/ZkDJstf.png (1280x800)

Perhaps you could make all the banner images fit the page size (scale)? That and reducing the text size would fix a lot of the stretched out page issues. I think width and height at 100% might do the trick for the images but I'm not sure, it's been a while since I dabbled with CSS.

And another question, I see the credits page has a few usernames, are those the names of people who helped gather links and files/descriptions/etc?

perlerose
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 16
Points : 2032
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2012-01-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by Aɾყα on Thu 04 Jul 2013, 10:00

@Nightdragonist wrote:Thank you for your hard work Very Happy . I really appreciate it 
But i want to report somethin. It seems there are some issues in some pages
-2009 (June - Dec)
-2010 (Jan - Dec)
-2011 (Jan, Jule - Dec)
-2012 (June - Dec)
-2013 (Feb)

*edited*
Can you tell me what is HJSplit and how to use it? I'm kinda new here
Plus where do i find the chocolate fountain set?
Sorry to bother you :0
Hello,


It's not finished yet, so some pages will be missing. We're thinking about adding a HJ split tutorial for those who are unfamiliar with it Smile 
Thank you for your feedback!


@perlerose wrote:

And another question, I see the credits page has a few usernames, are those the names of people who helped gather links and files/descriptions/etc?

 Hello,


Yes, that's right. 
You helped as well, if I remember correctly. If so, we should add your username to this list.

_________________




"Under sun and sky, we greet you warmly"
avatar
Aɾყα
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15104
Points : 19986
Reputation : 1430
Join date : 2011-05-31

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by quisilor on Thu 04 Jul 2013, 10:48

Havent really encountered any problems for the links ive been on. I run a screen res of 1280x1024 and the page is too wide to fit on my monitor which is 21.5"

Also big thanks for getting a new home for all the stuff back up Very Happy

quisilor
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Posts : 23
Points : 2013
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2012-02-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by cynel1 on Thu 04 Jul 2013, 14:04

Ill wait for the Limited Edition content to show Up

cynel1
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 11
Points : 1624
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-03-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by Catfish on Thu 04 Jul 2013, 14:33

I'm impressed! It's great to see all the pictures with the items, too. Thank you so much!
Edit: Yes, I'd love to have a tutorial on the HJ split, as I have no idea how to use it. Smile

Catfish
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Age of Empires III - the Warchiefs
Female Posts : 64
Points : 1939
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2012-06-14
Location : Canada

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Official MediaFire alternative OUT NOW! (Link + Feedback)

Post by jus17 on Thu 04 Jul 2013, 15:12

HAS ANYONE TOLD G4TW THAT THEY ROCK!!!!!! **** YEAH Hammertime
avatar
jus17
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims
Female Posts : 22
Points : 1643
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-02-26
Age : 27
Location : Dominica

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 19 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum