Cannot open game from either launcher or ts3w.exe

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cannot open game from either launcher or ts3w.exe

Post by musette9999 on Fri 05 Jul 2013, 00:27

So I have been trying for the past 2 days to get this sorted and I can't figure out where I am going wrong.
I have a copy of the base game and world adventures that i bought through origins ages ago on a different pc. I installed them on my current laptop, then when opening them the launcher opened but then it asked for a security code. I tried entering the one I got when I purchased the game but it didnt work, so I found one online. Then it came up with a message saying that the licence limit had been reached. I do have the base game installed on a different pc, but it is really on its last legs and incapable of running it, so i opened up the launcher on that one and tried to deauthorize that machine. Logged back onto the pc i want to use, but still no luck trying to run the game, i got the same licence limit message. 

Searching for ways to fix this online I found the ultimate fix, and following the instructions saw i needed to have a later expansion installed as well for it to work, so i downloaded and installed pets as well. Then I followed the instructions for how to install, including the manual patch, and then copying the crack over. I no longer get the licencing error message, I can open the launcher just fine as before, but when i click play the launcher closes, my pc seems like its about to do something, but then nothing happens. Checking in the task manager I am certain the game is not opening at all. I have also tried running it straight from the TS3W exe, but that has the same result.

Ideally I was hoping to get these working and then install some more expansion packs if I think my pc can take it, but at the moment I don't seem to be getting anywhere. I have read some other threads of people who had similar problems to me, and tried following their solutions, but to no avail.

I hope someone has some ideas of what I could try, I would really like to get playing again.

musette9999
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Cannot open game from either launcher or ts3w.exe

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Fri 05 Jul 2013, 05:41

@musette9999 wrote:So I have been trying for the past 2 days to get this sorted and I can't figure out where I am going wrong.
I have a copy of the base game and world adventures that i bought through origins ages ago on a different pc. I installed them on my current laptop, then when opening them the launcher opened but then it asked for a security code. I tried entering the one I got when I purchased the game but it didnt work, so I found one online. Then it came up with a message saying that the licence limit had been reached. I do have the base game installed on a different pc, but it is really on its last legs and incapable of running it, so i opened up the launcher on that one and tried to deauthorize that machine. Logged back onto the pc i want to use, but still no luck trying to run the game, i got the same licence limit message. 

Searching for ways to fix this online I found the ultimate fix, and following the instructions saw i needed to have a later expansion installed as well for it to work, so i downloaded and installed pets as well. Then I followed the instructions for how to install, including the manual patch, and then copying the crack over. I no longer get the licencing error message, I can open the launcher just fine as before, but when i click play the launcher closes, my pc seems like its about to do something, but then nothing happens. Checking in the task manager I am certain the game is not opening at all. I have also tried running it straight from the TS3W exe, but that has the same result.

Ideally I was hoping to get these working and then install some more expansion packs if I think my pc can take it, but at the moment I don't seem to be getting anywhere. I have read some other threads of people who had similar problems to me, and tried following their solutions, but to no avail.

I hope someone has some ideas of what I could try, I would really like to get playing again.

Hello,

I'm not sure if I understood you correctly, but I suppose you get these "enter security code" prompts because you have this "Origin" thing installed ? (I don't have that).

If yes, the two files from the #crack in the Ultimate fix go to C:\Program files(x86)\Origin games/The Sims 3. Copy and replace the exisiting files.

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†
Male Posts : 14068

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Fri 05 Jul 2013, 10:56

@musette9999 wrote:So I have been trying for the past 2 days to get this sorted and I can't figure out where I am going wrong.

Hello,

Are you sure you applied the Ultimate Fix correctly? The directory of placing the content of #crack folder in the Ultimate Fix should be C:\Program Files\Origin Games\The Sims 3\Game\Bin.

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by musette9999 on Fri 05 Jul 2013, 11:03

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Yes I'm sure I've put the files from the crack in the right place, they replaced the original files in the game>bin folder. I have tried this multiple times in case they didn't copy over correctly, but still no luck. The game simply wont open, whether I try from the launcher or the TS3W exe.

musette9999
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Fri 05 Jul 2013, 11:04

@musette9999 wrote:Hi, thanks for the reply.

Yes I'm sure I've put the files from the crack in the right place, they replaced the original files in the game>bin folder. I have tried this multiple times in case they didn't copy over correctly, but still no luck. The game simply wont open, whether I try from the launcher or the TS3W exe.

Hello,

Have you tried applying the manual patch?

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by musette9999 on Fri 05 Jul 2013, 12:36

yes, I have applied the manual patch, it worked and my game is now up to date I think. The launcher says it is version 1.55.4.022017.

i have also tried running the game as administrator but that seems to make no difference.

musette9999
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Fri 05 Jul 2013, 12:51

@musette9999 wrote:yes, I have applied the manual patch, it worked and my game is now up to date I think. The launcher says it is version 1.55.4.022017.

i have also tried running the game as administrator but that seems to make no difference.

Hello,

Please apply the manual patch again, since I have experienced the same as you. I have patched my game manually twice to get it working.

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by musette9999 on Fri 05 Jul 2013, 13:45

I've just applied the patch again, but it hasn't changed anything Crying or Very sad

musette9999
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Fri 05 Jul 2013, 13:47

@musette9999 wrote:I've just applied the patch again, but it hasn't changed anything Crying or Very sad

Hello,

I think The Sims 3 of yours is corrupted. Try to use Revo uninstaller to uninstall everything and attempt a clean reinstallation.

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by musette9999 on Fri 05 Jul 2013, 13:57

Ok I will try that, thanks for the help.

I'll let you know how it goes.

//EDIT

Ok so I uninstalled the base game and both expansions using the revo uninstaller.

I downloaded the base game and pets, the games4theworld torrents on tpb. Both installed fine, updated during the process, cracked, and then ran the manual patch as well. I am still getting the same issue though. The launcher opens fine but then when I click play it closes and nothing else happens.

musette9999
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Sun 07 Jul 2013, 23:16

Hello,

This problem usually occurs when you're using an outdated Ultimate Fix.
Please RE-DOWNLOAD the latest version! In other words, RE-DO step 3 and 4: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly

Good luck!

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series
Female Posts : 19211

View user profile https://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Post by musette9999 on Sun 07 Jul 2013, 23:36

Well just tried that, but still no luck Crying or Very sad

musette9999
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Mon 08 Jul 2013, 02:06

Hello,

Can you please post a screenshot of the folder you copied the crack to?

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : GTA Series, Cities: Skylines, Prison Architect, Borderlands series

Back to top Go down

Post by musette9999 on Mon 08 Jul 2013, 02:55

Yep, here it is:

musette9999
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adwomin on Mon 08 Jul 2013, 03:09

Hello,

Please contact me via the Forum's Chatbox when you see me online on the Forum.

~ Nobody's gril. ~
Adwomin
free society
free society

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum