Screen Keeps Minimizing on Startup

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Screen Keeps Minimizing on Startup

Post by jtcarrie on Sat 06 Jul 2013, 03:58

Hi, 

I installed all of the sims 3 games, including Island Paradise, according to the instructions.  I applied the manual updated, followed the Ultimate Fix instructions, but my problem persists.  Whenever I go to open the game, the screen will go black, the little blue wheel will spin, and then the game minimizes to the desktop.  I can see the tab at the bottom of the screen, but if I click it, it just flashes the window open and then minimizes it immediately.  I then have to use task manager to end the Sims 3, because right clicking the icon on the task-bar and then clicking close just isn't cutting it.  Any help?

Jeff c

jtcarrie
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Screen Keeps Minimizing on Startup

Post by J.T. on Sat 06 Jul 2013, 06:41

Hello,

There are certain Security and Antivirus programs that does this when they become active. What Security/Antivirus programs do you have?

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jtcarrie on Sat 06 Jul 2013, 09:10

The problem was that I didn't find this page until later: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t857-the-sims-3-crashes-freezes-to-desktop-fix-updated-on-29-09-2012

I had to go in and increase my virtual memory.  I love how windows makes a big deal about how much memory they recommend, and then my virtual memory was set way lower than that.  From here I just had to clear out my docs folder, and viola, it works.  Can I request that you put that forum post up as a sticky?  

Thanks for the help and thanks for being one of the most amazing places on the internet.

jtcarrie
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jtcarrie on Tue 09 Jul 2013, 05:00

Never mind.  The problem persists.  I was working last saturday but now its already started to have the same problem.  I've done everything on that page linked above, and still nothing.  I'm using symantec anti-virus, so it shouldn't be popping up regularly.  I can't seem to figure this out.

jtcarrie
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by J.T. on Tue 09 Jul 2013, 05:20

Hello,

You can actually set the game to windowed mode by going to Documents >> Electronic Arts >> The Sims 3 >> Options.ini.

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: