World Adventures; Different regional install code?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

World Adventures; Different regional install code?

Post by hooch on Wed 15 Jun 2011 - 12:39

I have a retail copy of ts3.. bought in canada eh, and im having some troubles w/ WA but after i select where to install it, i get an error that reads... "The setup has detected that the regional install code for the sims 3 is different than what this expansion requires".... wtf? Wat. every other expansion works great..

hooch
Beginner
Beginner

Posts: 2
Points: 1232
Reputation: 0
Join date: 2011-06-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: World Adventures; Different regional install code?

Post by Admin on Wed 15 Jun 2011 - 14:52

hooch wrote:I have a retail copy of ts3.. bought in canada eh, and im having some troubles w/ WA but after i select where to install it, i get an error that reads... "The setup has detected that the regional install code for the sims 3 is different than what this expansion requires".... wtf? Wat. every other expansion works great..
Hello,

This means you didn't (correctly) change the SKU code, like described in step 2 of the included "# Installation Guide.txt". Please re-do that step and it should all work fine.

_________________
Kind regards,

Forum Administrator  


A wise man once said: "Admin, you're my hero, heroine. Whatever; you rock!"



Contact
E-mail: Games4theworld@hotmail.com
Forum: Private message SUPPORT NOT VIA PM!
Twitter: http://twitter.com/games4theworld
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Games4theworld-Downloads/110924105707074

Admin
Forum Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ
At your service.
Forum Adminator  GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯAt your service.

System type(s):
  • 32 -bit
  • 64 -bit

Favorite Game(s): Prison Architect, Borderlands series, Assassin's Creed series, Team Fortress 2, The Saboteur, GTA series
Male Posts: 17256
Points: 1022553
Reputation: 1627
Join date: 2010-03-12
Age: 13
Location: The Natterlants

View user profile http://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Re: World Adventures; Different regional install code?

Post by hooch on Wed 15 Jun 2011 - 17:41

jesus, i guess thats what i get for skimming. thanks a bunch Smile

//EDIT

Wait.... there was a reason i posted in MAC section. Reason being I have a MAC, and therefore no regedit. Hence my question... in the MAC section...

hooch
Beginner
Beginner

Posts: 2
Points: 1232
Reputation: 0
Join date: 2011-06-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: World Adventures; Different regional install code?

Post by Admin on Wed 15 Jun 2011 - 21:51

hooch wrote:jesus, i guess thats what i get for skimming. thanks a bunch Smile

//EDIT

Wait.... there was a reason i posted in MAC section. Reason being I have a MAC, and therefore no regedit. Hence my question... in the MAC section...
Hello,

My apologies, I didn't know Mac'ers have this error too. I'm sorry for the misunderstanding and a Mac helper will guide you soon.

_________________
Kind regards,

Forum Administrator  


A wise man once said: "Admin, you're my hero, heroine. Whatever; you rock!"



Contact
E-mail: Games4theworld@hotmail.com
Forum: Private message SUPPORT NOT VIA PM!
Twitter: http://twitter.com/games4theworld
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Games4theworld-Downloads/110924105707074

Admin
Forum Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ
At your service.
Forum Adminator  GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯAt your service.

System type(s):
  • 32 -bit
  • 64 -bit

Favorite Game(s): Prison Architect, Borderlands series, Assassin's Creed series, Team Fortress 2, The Saboteur, GTA series
Male Posts: 17256
Points: 1022553
Reputation: 1627
Join date: 2010-03-12
Age: 13
Location: The Natterlants

View user profile http://www.games4theworld.org

Back to top Go down

Re: World Adventures; Different regional install code?

Post by monsieurz on Sat 2 Jul 2011 - 14:18

I found this on a site. It let me install World Adventures.

go to the application> the sims 3> show package content> content> resources> transgaming> c-drive> program files> electronic arts> the sims 3> game> Bin> Then open Default.ini with text edit. Scroll all the way down to the bottom where it says GameVersion = 1.8.25.003001 change the end one to 7 or whatever works for you like this GameVersion = 1.8.25.003007 then close and save. And that's it.

monsieurz
Beginner
Beginner

Posts: 1
Points: 1210
Reputation: 0
Join date: 2011-07-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: World Adventures; Different regional install code?

Post by SuperCandy on Sat 6 Aug 2011 - 0:23

Sorry that I'm bumping this but I'm having this problem right now. I tried to do step #2 of the installation guide but when I look for the Sim folder in software it's not there... help?

Edit: Tried to add picture but not allowed.

Edit: Never mind. Found another post and the problem was that I have Windows 7 and it's in another folder. Thanks anyway! Smile


Last edited by SuperCandy on Sat 6 Aug 2011 - 0:47; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Picture)

SuperCandy
Beginner
Beginner

Posts: 2
Points: 1181
Reputation: 0
Join date: 2011-08-01

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Regional Code Error

Post by MeeisLee on Tue 9 Aug 2011 - 8:38

monsieurz wrote:I found this on a site. It let me install World Adventures.

go to the application> the sims 3> show package content> content> resources> transgaming> c-drive> program files> electronic arts> the sims 3> game> Bin> Then open Default.ini with text edit. Scroll all the way down to the bottom where it says GameVersion = 1.8.25.003001 change the end one to 7 or whatever works for you like this GameVersion = 1.8.25.003007 then close and save. And that's it.

So I did as you said and then I went to the WA Installer. However, when I got to the "Installation" part, I got this message:

Error Reading Game Files
/Applications/The Sims 3.localized/The Sims3.app/Contents/Resources/Preferences/update.always_reg


Help?

Edit:

Well, I think the error might have been from something else, I don't know what though. I haven't changed the cracks in my base game folder or in any other EP/SP that I had installed prior. All I did was install other SPs that I didn't have before. I tried it installing WA again just now and it installed successfully. So for those that have this problem follow what monsieurz said.


Last edited by MeeisLee on Tue 9 Aug 2011 - 13:23; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Problem Solved)

MeeisLee
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

Favorite Game(s): Sims 3
Female Posts: 31
Points: 1208
Reputation: 0
Join date: 2011-08-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: World Adventures; Different regional install code?

Post by Jenna11 on Fri 5 Apr 2013 - 3:04

ThankyouThankyouThankyou! Spent forever trying to figure this out. I had already decided this would be the last post I was looking at before posting my own. Sometimes it takes a little more research to find the fixes for mac problems. Smile

Jenna11
Beginner
Beginner

Female Posts: 5
Points: 572
Reputation: 0
Join date: 2013-04-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: World Adventures; Different regional install code?

Post by LizzieeSims123 on Thu 18 Jul 2013 - 18:39

@monsieurz Ty so so much!! That solved mine as well!! =)

_________________

LizzieeSims123
Beginner
Beginner

Posts: 1
Points: 463
Reputation: 0
Join date: 2013-07-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum