island paradise black screen

View previous topic View next topic Go down

island paradise black screen

Post by anamaryymariaa on Sat 06 Jul 2013, 22:39

everytime I try to play Paradise Island I get a black screen. I've tried reinstalling the manual patch, tried using the ultimate fix, I've uninstalled then re-installed and nothing. I'm assuming the issue is because of the patch because I was just playing Superstars the other day with no problem. I've read other peoples issues with the same problem and tried with they did but got nothing! someone please help! i have a 13 hour flight to Doha soon and I really want to spend most of my flight playing Paradise Island! Thank You in advance!

anamaryymariaa
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: island paradise black screen

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 06 Jul 2013, 22:51

anamaryymariaa wrote:everytime I try to play Paradise Island I get a black screen. I've tried reinstalling the manual patch, tried using the ultimate fix, I've uninstalled then re-installed and nothing. I'm assuming the issue is because of the patch because I was just playing Superstars the other day with no problem. I've read other peoples issues with the same problem and tried with they did but got nothing! someone please help! i have a 13 hour flight to Doha soon and I really want to spend most of my flight playing Paradise Island! Thank You in advance!

Hello,

At this moment, I'm testing this (extremely bugged) "Island Paradise" expansion - and the only thing I can tell you is how I solved this problem for me (I had that problem once too):

1) Re-boot your computer

2) After re-booting, lower the resolution of your computer screen to 1024 x 768.

3) Go to My documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete the following stuff:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches", "Thumbnails" and "Currentgame.sims3" (if you don't find any content in Currentgame.sims3, then it's fine too).

After doing all of this, my game worked again, but I'm not sure if it can help you too - I'm still trying to figure out what's behind this.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14462

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by anamaryymariaa on Sun 07 Jul 2013, 00:17

still didn't work :/

EDIT
my game loads up now but I'm getting the "no disc found" pop up once it loads. i know i need to download the ultimate fix and replace the #crack files, but I'm not too sure where to put the new .exe and .dll files because there's no folder for Island Paradise

Last edited by anamaryymariaa on Sun 07 Jul 2013, 06:49; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : no disc found problem)

anamaryymariaa
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ on Sun 07 Jul 2013, 10:43

Hello,

Those go into the base game bin.
I have a different experience with this matter. I don't have Island Paradise, but I did patch to 1.55 and after that I got a black screen on start up. 
If you have any custom lots (from the exchange or another 3rd party source) uninstall them and see if that helps.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
Forum Administratrix
First Lady of the Forum
Forum Administratrix First Lady of the Forum

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 15112

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by anamaryymariaa on Sun 07 Jul 2013, 22:00

well, i followed steps 10 and 11 in the installation guide (via abode reader) and I'm still getting the "no disk found error" when i get into the game. Sad 

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, I'm just not 100% on what it is. Ugghhh I just want to play IP sooooo bad! HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!????

anamaryymariaa
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by vip4vi on Tue 09 Jul 2013, 15:20

well my problem is kinda different but it is caused by sims 3 island paradise too ~ i was playing the game with Supernatural & Season & generation & late night & University and after sims 3 island paradise the game starts closing saying it stooped working in the middle of the game and sometimes i cant save the game it says error 12 cunslut readme or something like that and half of the game is Black screen !!!! it is troubling me i hate this ^^ but we will wait and see !!
vip4vi
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3
Female Posts : 1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock on Fri 12 Jul 2013, 14:40

Please open a topic of your own, especially if the problem is different...

Shamrock  

Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
Shamrock
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum