The game keeps getting a max memory crash during build/buy mode. Plus the launcher takes ages to open.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The game keeps getting a max memory crash during build/buy mode. Plus the launcher takes ages to open.

Post by Wasting_Night on Mon 08 Jul 2013, 19:50

Yes, I'm back with yet another crashing problem to bother you guys. Although thankfully this time it only happens on build/buy mode for some reason. Yes, I've already tried the usual fixes like the DEP exceptions, 4GB patch, lowering the settings, making sure the game is using the proper graphics card, taking out CC, the works. But the game still crashes on build/buy. The strange thing is that the game runs beautifully on live mode even with everything except the reflections and displayed lots maxed out. Another problem I'm having is that the launcher takes a REALLY long time to open ever since I installed Island Paradise.

Thanks to whoever can help me. I really hope I won't have to resort to reinstalling everything again.

Wasting_Night
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The game keeps getting a max memory crash during build/buy mode. Plus the launcher takes ages to open.

Post by cagil99 on Mon 08 Jul 2013, 20:14

Hello,
Try using that link maybe it helps.

Solving Simple Lags and Making Game Faster (Changing Clothes are Faster etc)

Loop
Start playing when buffered ( Only Notify

) -
%
Smart Buffer
Estimated Time:
Donate to SmartVideo!
Global Preferences
cagil99
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 284

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The game keeps getting a max memory crash during build/buy mode. Plus the launcher takes ages to open.

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 08 Jul 2013, 22:09

Wasting_Night wrote:Yes, I'm back with yet another crashing problem to bother you guys. Although thankfully this time it only happens on build/buy mode for some reason. Yes, I've already tried the usual fixes like the DEP exceptions, 4GB patch, lowering the settings, making sure the game is using the proper graphics card, taking out CC, the works. But the game still crashes on build/buy. The strange thing is that the game runs beautifully on live mode even with everything except the reflections and displayed lots maxed out. Another problem I'm having is that the launcher takes a REALLY long time to open ever since I installed Island Paradise.

Thanks to whoever can help me. I really hope I won't have to resort to reinstalling everything again.

Hello there,

Try re-applying the "manual patch", you can find it here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v155-fix-manual-patch. Afterwards re-apply the "Ultimate fix", available here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems.

Keep in mind that you only need the two files that are in the #crack folder of the "Ultimate fix". Copy these two files (TS3W.exe + TSLHost.dll) to C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin and replace the existing files.

Also: you should never use the cracks that are included in the expansions that you download; only use the "Ultimate fix".

Good luck for now !

cagil99 wrote:Hello,
Try using that link maybe it helps.

The idea is not bad, but if the problem was insufficient memory, then it's in my opinion unlikely that the crashes only happen in Buy-/Buildmode. Wink 

//EDIT

My launcher doesn't open at all. I have to start the game directly by double-clicking on the TS3W.exe. According to the information on the patch 1.55, EA modified the launcher (again) so that installed ".sims3packs" don't disappear anymore. While this was meant as an improvement, EA screwed up again. Lots of people seem to have problems when trying to start the game with the launcher (or even open the launcher at all).

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14441

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wasting_Night on Thu 11 Jul 2013, 10:33

Thanks for the help guys. I'm gonna try re-applying the manual patch. Hopefully it'll work since I want to start a relatively huge build.

Wasting_Night
Posting Nerd
Posting Nerd

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock on Fri 12 Jul 2013, 14:28

Tell us how it went!

Shamrock  

Please PM or e-mail me for any help or advice!
Shamrock
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3 (series), Warcraft III, Civilization V, Vampire Bloodlines, Football Manager 2012, Pokemon games
Male Posts : 3265

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum