Sims 3 Launcher has stopped working, Base Game also crashes on start

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 Launcher has stopped working, Base Game also crashes on start

Post by isnol on Mon 08 Jul 2013, 21:40

Hi, I'm kind of a new member here, and I have a little problem.
I used the Ultimate Fix that was provided from this forums and on my first time It worked perfectly I had the latest patch and 2 expansion packs, first of all I had the 1st expansion pack which was Island Paradise there was no problem with it and worked great, 2nd expansion pack was University Life I installed it and after I started the game it crashed and did not work, that launcher however was working [Note: when I installed University Life it was glowing at the bottom list of Expansions in the launcher, but not Island paradise even though it was also installed]
I decided to re-install the whole game, I replaced the TS3.exe and TSLHost.dll with the ones from the "Base Game" folder and tried to open the Launcher however it stated the error that "has stopped working."
I tried to run TS3.exe and it also crashed after the loading screen at the beginning, note that I did not install the crack since I don't have the latest patch installed.

On the other hand, here are some notes that I did not mention : 
The base game is pirated and so are the expansion packs, Base game was from Razor1991, and the expansions were from games4theworld.
The base game's version is 1.0.631.00002, I tried updating it using Razor's Patch 1.0.632.00002 but it didn't work.
I can however use the crack from Razor's torrent and play the normal game, how ever I want the game updated to 1.55.4.
I'd be much appreciated If someone would help me get the Launcher to work again.

isnol
Beginner
Beginner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sims 3 Launcher has stopped working, Base Game also crashes on start

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 09 Jul 2013, 21:22

@isnol wrote:Hi, I'm kind of a new member here, and I have a little problem.
I used the Ultimate Fix that was provided from this forums and on my first time It worked perfectly I had the latest patch and 2 expansion packs, first of all I had the 1st expansion pack which was Island Paradise there was no problem with it and worked great, 2nd expansion pack was University Life I installed it and after I started the game it crashed and did not work, that launcher however was working [Note: when I installed University Life it was glowing at the bottom list of Expansions in the launcher, but not Island paradise even though it was also installed]
I decided to re-install the whole game, I replaced the TS3.exe and TSLHost.dll with the ones from the "Base Game" folder and tried to open the Launcher however it stated the error that "has stopped working."
I tried to run TS3.exe and it also crashed after the loading screen at the beginning, note that I did not install the crack since I don't have the latest patch installed.

On the other hand, here are some notes that I did not mention : 
The base game is pirated and so are the expansion packs, Base game was from Razor1991, and the expansions were from games4theworld.
The base game's version is 1.0.631.00002, I tried updating it using Razor's Patch 1.0.632.00002 but it didn't work.
I can however use the crack from Razor's torrent and play the normal game, how ever I want the game updated to 1.55.4.
I'd be much appreciated If someone would help me get the Launcher to work again.

Hello,

Have you already tried downloading the "manual patch" ? http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t1870-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v155-fix-manual-patch

After downloading, just double-click on the patch - and it will update your game to the latest version.

Then download and apply the "Ultimate fix": http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems
Remember that you only need the two files from the #crack folder of the Ultimate fix. Copy these two files (TS3W.exe + TSLHost.dll) into C:\Program files(x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin. Of course, you need to "replace the existing files".

If you can't start the game with the launcher, then make a shortcut of the TS3W.exe (I mentioned above) to the desktop. Then double-click on the shortcut.

Good luck !

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum