Unable to enroll in University

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unable to enroll in University

Post by ElaaraWylder on Tue 09 Jul 2013, 11:35

Poor Serena Wyldman.

Born to Bewitching Elly, and the Fae King Doug, she was a much longed for child. Wingless at birth, the happy parents discovered a tiny wand in her hand and placed it into her inventory for her. Although her parents never married, she was adored by both. Her father even changed his wings to pink because it was Serena's favorite colour! Elly was a strong and independent woman who studied hard at University and reached the top of the field and made medical history by discovering a previously unknown body organ and transplanting it into a sickly alien child curing its creeping spotted simdylosis, thus cementing the friendship between humans and aliens. In later life Elly was building up a run down nearby resort taking it to the top of local and international reviews.

Serena herself took an active part in managing the resort once she hit her teenage years, learning to fix the odd sink or two, and adding chlorine to the pool. She studied hard as a teenager, grew into a kind and friendly young adult, and made valedictorian at her High School Graduation. 

Sadly though, Elly left the graduation ceremony early as she was feeling unwell. She suffered a massive heart attack outside the Town Hall, and passed on from this life to the next whilst Serena was receiving her graduation certificate and making her valedictorian speech. 

The heartbroken Serena collected Elly's grave and headed home to mourn in private. She has decided to make it her life's work to follow in her mother's footsteps and enter the medical field after attending the same university that her mother went to.

After two days of mourning Serena wiped her eyes and turned toward thoughts of the future. She took the university entrance exam and has a partial scholarship available to her in several fields including Medical and Sciences. She was devastated to find that travelling to University has been withheld from her.

Ok - so...... my problem is that both Enroll in University and Travel are both greyed out both via the smart phone AND the computer. If I hover over the greyed out button it says "The Adults in the Household are already Travelling".

Serena is the only adult left in the house. No children, pets, or partners. She is a young adult. All expansion and stuff packs installed with only a small amount of CC and NO MODS. Yes thats right...... NO MODS.

I have tried exiting and restarting. I have tried resetsim. 

Anyone have any idea how I can fix this??

My thanks in advance.

This is YOU: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=UE6iAjEv9dQ

Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand. . . Albert Einstein

(Please Note: My avatar was created in Second Life)
ElaaraWylder
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims of course lol - I play WoW and am in Second Life a LOT, I also play GW2 and STO
Female Posts : 11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unable to enroll in University

Post by cagil99 on Tue 09 Jul 2013, 12:16

Hello,
Firstly nice story What he said. .

And your problem...
Go into edit town mode and save your household to the library. Once they are saved, delete them from the game while in edit town mode. Put them back into the game and it should work fine. Skills and lifetime happiness stay the same. The only thing you lose is the relationships.

Last edited by cagil99 on Tue 09 Jul 2013, 12:56; edited 1 time in total

Solving Simple Lags and Making Game Faster (Changing Clothes are Faster etc)

Loop
Start playing when buffered ( Only Notify

) -
%
Smart Buffer
Estimated Time:
Donate to SmartVideo!
Global Preferences
cagil99
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male Posts : 284

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ElaaraWylder on Tue 09 Jul 2013, 12:32

Awesome Cagil99 and thanks so much for the super quick reply - what about her resort - will there be any issues with ownership???

This is YOU: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=UE6iAjEv9dQ

Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand. . . Albert Einstein

(Please Note: My avatar was created in Second Life)
ElaaraWylder
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims of course lol - I play WoW and am in Second Life a LOT, I also play GW2 and STO
Female Posts : 11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cagil99 on Tue 09 Jul 2013, 13:00

You're welcome. After thinking about about resort..
Maybe after getting the household and house to library and putting them back, Go to your resort and get it into your library too. After that test f you can continue your resort. If you can't and it asks you to select another empty lot, go into edit town, delete your resort and go place the resort in your library to an empty lot. Maybe this would help Smile

Solving Simple Lags and Making Game Faster (Changing Clothes are Faster etc)

Loop
Start playing when buffered ( Only Notify

) -
%
Smart Buffer
Estimated Time:
Donate to SmartVideo!
Global Preferences
cagil99
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :