Create a world problem.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Create a world problem.

Post by gatecrazy on Fri 12 Jul 2013, 00:20

Help I hope this is the right section to post this in. I recently installed create a world ( I mean really recently, like a couple days ago) I start it up and after a couple of minutes I get this message:
The Sims 3 Create A World Tool - Beta has crashed!
Exception information: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
What he said. 
I did a search on the web but everything about it is a few years old and no information on how to fix it. I have all expansion and stuff packs and my game is updated to 1.55. Does anyone know how to fix this?
gatecrazy
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3!
Female Posts : 86

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Create a world problem.

Post by Joker on Fri 12 Jul 2013, 01:59

You install it recently but you download it from month ago or so? If so, then:

As you can see in this posthttp://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t7423-download-link-for-the-create-a-world-tool

Admin said: Be sure to re-download the latest version of the CAW tool every time a new patch for the game is released, just to be sure! 

Joker
Posting Lord
Posting Lord

Windows version :
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Generals Zero Hour; Counter Strike Source; Call of Duty; Total War; Warcraft III; Civilization IV; World In Conflict; Age of Empires II; Company of Heroes; Jedi Knight; Sins of a Solar Empire; StarCraft II; The Sims 3; FIFA 13.
Male Posts : 179

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Create a world problem.

Post by gatecrazy on Fri 12 Jul 2013, 04:07

@Joker wrote:You install it recently but you download it from month ago or so? If so, then:

As you can see in this posthttp://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t7423-download-link-for-the-create-a-world-tool

Admin said: Be sure to re-download the latest version of the CAW tool every time a new patch for the game is released, just to be sure! 

No I downloaded the latest version just the other day. I'm thinking it may be the world I tried to open. It was created a while back with a different version. Maybe I'll test a different file out and see if it does the same thing. I'm not sure what else to do. I'm stumped. Could the file be corrupted?
                                                                                                                                                                                                 scratch
gatecrazy
Posting Freak
Posting Freak

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3!
Female Posts : 86

View user profile

Back to top Go down