The Sims 3 loading screen and other things weird

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 3 loading screen and other things weird

Post by mali_cious1 on Mon 15 Jul 2013, 19:13

I've just installed the sims 3 and quite a few expansion packs by the rules; the Ultimate Fix, the update, and everything. However, when I load the game, the game screen is small and fixed to the middle (it doesn't fill my screen). When I get to the loading.booting screen, the only thing I see is the green filling loading bar at the bottom with a black/white empty screen behind it. 

But it still loads.

Finally, after the loading screen, the game looks semi-fine (it still doesn't fill my screen), except some of the click-able text boxes (in the options too) are blank. 

I'm thinking maybe I didn't do the crack right or something so I uninstall all of the games, and try again using the fix; still the same results. Help please!

P.S I've installed all the expansions up until Island Paradise minus a few stuff packs.

mali_cious1
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Sims 3 loading screen and other things weird

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Mon 15 Jul 2013, 19:31

@mali_cious1 wrote:I've just installed the sims 3 and quite a few expansion packs by the rules; the Ultimate Fix, the update, and everything. However, when I load the game, the game screen is small and fixed to the middle (it doesn't fill my screen). When I get to the loading.booting screen, the only thing I see is the green filling loading bar at the bottom with a black/white empty screen behind it. 

But it still loads.

Finally, after the loading screen, the game looks semi-fine (it still doesn't fill my screen), except some of the click-able text boxes (in the options too) are blank. 

I'm thinking maybe I didn't do the crack right or something so I uninstall all of the games, and try again using the fix; still the same results. Help please!

P.S I've installed all the expansions up until Island Paradise minus a few stuff packs.

Hello,

From what you describe, I suppose this is your first time you installed The Sims 3 ? Is your computer strong enough to handle that game ?

Also, check this out:

To get there, hit the Windows key on your keyboard to open up the "start" menu, then go to "Run". Inside the prompt, type dxdiag, then go to the "Display" tab. Read up on the information there (see the example screenshot), and post some of the info here.

Otherwise, if your computer is strong enough, and if your graphics card is good too (and the drivers are up-to-date), then I'm afraid you have to try a "clean un-install" of all your Sims 3 games. Then you start over again with re-installing.

You could have a look at this here, for a guide on manually un-installing all this: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall

Good luck !

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mali_cious1 on Tue 16 Jul 2013, 06:08

Actually, I've downloaded the sims before on my computer. That was before my hard drive burned out and I lost everything; so I know it's definitely strong enough. I got a new hard drive (same type and strength as before).

As for the clean un-install, I guess I might have to do that but it definitely depresses me v_v. 

And this is just facts I should probably let you know just in case, but when I first installed the sims (pre-burned-out hard drive era) I used an actual copy of the game (the physical copy) with one of your codes. Do you think this could factor in as well?

Once again, thanks!

mali_cious1
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female Posts : 2

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Tue 16 Jul 2013, 16:17

Hello again,

There is an update for your graphics driver: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=22605

Otherwise, you might indeed try a clean un-install.

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum