Island Paradise Underwater Caves. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Island Paradise Underwater Caves. [SOLVED]

Post by TheWallO on Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:21 am

Everytime i go on one of those caves, all my sims end up in the shore. Once they enter the cave, its like they get a reset or something and show up in the nearest land so i cannot explore those caves, does anyone else have this problem?? I believe its a mod i have installed that is the problem (cause mods are always my problems) so im gonna check that up right now and let yall know if it is.

Or if you guys know of a solution (without deleting everything or stuff like that) please let me know. Ty!

EDIT: Ok its not a mod problem so i need to know how to solve this please.

Last edited by TheWallO on Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:04 am; edited 1 time in total

Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : The Sims, The Sims 3, AoE II, AoE III, AoM, AoM The Titans & Runes of Magic.
Male Posts : 47

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Island Paradise Underwater Caves. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:32 am

TheWallO wrote: Everytime i go on one of those caves, all my sims end up in the shore. Once they enter the cave, its like they get a reset or something and show up in the nearest land so i cannot explore those caves, does anyone else have this problem?? I believe its a mod i have installed that is the problem (cause mods are always my problems) so im gonna check that up right now and let yall know if it is.

Or if you guys know of a solution (without deleting everything or stuff like that) please let me know. Ty!

Hello,

Press Ctrl+Shift+C to open up the cheat console. At first type in testingcheatsenabled true and hit "enter". Now type enablelotlocking true and then enter again.

Try going into "edit town"-mode. Go to one of these caves and click on it. Now click on the small "lock" symbol on the right-hand side, to make it "open". After the lock symbol has been opened, you can click on the cave symbol as if you were moving the cave to another place. So click on it, but then press the "escape" key on your keyboard. Then just click on "OK/Accept".

This process works somewhat like a "reset" of the lot, even though you didn't really move the cave to another place.

Good luck !

P.S. Just to be sure, if you have "ErrorTrap" installed, make sure to have the latest version of it, or remove the mod altogether.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14434

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWallO on Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:25 am

I cant seem to unlock it (Davy Jones Locker cause there's the cave i was trying to get in but that also happened to me on the Rocky Reef underwater cave). I typed the testingcheatsenabled true and then enablelotlocking true/false and none of the interactions work (true/false). What do i do?

Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : The Sims, The Sims 3, AoE II, AoE III, AoM, AoM The Titans & Runes of Magic.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:37 am

TheWallO wrote: I cant seem to unlock it (Davy Jones Locker cause there's the cave i was trying to get in but that also happened to me on the Rocky Reef underwater cave). I typed the testingcheatsenabled true and then enablelotlocking true/false and none of the interactions work (true/false). What do i do?

I checked my spelling of the cheats in my previous post, and everything seems fine...

You need to type in testingcheatsenabled true correctly at first to make most other cheats working. Then comes the enablelotlocking true cheat.

And did you also click on the "lock" symbol of the cave ?

The symbol in the screenshot means "locked", but if you correctly type in both cheats, you can open the lock by clicking on it.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW Forum Gatekeeper

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14434

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheWallO on Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:52 am

Duuuh...i didnt see the lock button lol. Thanks for the screenshot, k so ill try right now and let you know.

EDIT: Daayyuuummm that worked perfectly! My sim went in and found a ruby and dialogs showed up normally, its fixed now THANKS!

Helper edit: one less problem to worry about. Laughing  OK, happy simming ! I'll close the topic.

- Carlos G.

Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum