How do I install Store Updates?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How do I install Store Updates?

Post by Aquabreeze on Fri 19 Jul 2013, 21:45

Hi, so this is really more of a question than an issue. I've downloaded a few of the store packs from the mediafire alternative... but how do I install them?

Posting Nerd

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, Minecraft, Pokemon, Phoenix Wright, Legend of Zelda
Female Posts : 24

View user profile http://aquabreeze.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: How do I install Store Updates?

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 20 Jul 2013, 06:12

@Aquabreeze wrote:Hi, so this is really more of a question than an issue. I've downloaded a few of the store packs from the mediafire alternative... but how do I install them?

Hello,

These store items are in the ".sims3pack" file format. You need to copy them to the following location: My documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Downloads.

Now the "classic" method is to open up the launcher, then go to the "Downloads" section, then "mark" the items and then click on the "Install" button at the bottom.

However, if you have the latest base game patch installed (base game version 1.55), then you might get problems when opening the launcher; many people here have reported problems with the launcher (my launcher doesn't even start up) - so I guess this has to be fixed in another base game patch in the future.

So you might want to install your ".sims3packs" in another way, for example with a tool called CC Magic; for a start, you can have a look at this here: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t3330-an-alternative-approach-to-managing-store-and-custom-contentupdated-the-sims-3

G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4

Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!

The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum