When I Click 'TS3W.exe' It says 'The program can't start because d3dx9_31.dll is missing from ur computer'

View previous topic View next topic Go down

When I Click 'TS3W.exe' It says 'The program can't start because d3dx9_31.dll is missing from ur computer'

Post by Mera on Sat 20 Jul 2013, 21:22

Hi you all. Long time no see. Smile So, the title says everything. I wanted to play sims after a long time and after upgrading to windows 8 and I saw this message. Is there anyway to launch the game without re-installing everything?
avatar
Mera
VIP
VIP

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 237
Points : 2354
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2012-04-28
Age : 20
Location : Dypt Inne I Skogen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: When I Click 'TS3W.exe' It says 'The program can't start because d3dx9_31.dll is missing from ur computer'

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 20 Jul 2013, 21:28

@Mera wrote:Hi you all. Long time no see. Smile So, the title says everything. I wanted to play sims after a long time and after upgrading to windows 8 and I saw this message. Is there anyway to launch the game without re-installing everything?

Hello there,

This message usually means that some of your custom content/mods "need" that file to work properly.

Have a look at this here and follow the instructions: http://simpedia.sims2cri.com/D3dx9_31.dll_eng

See if it helps you.



_________________



G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830
Points : 19692
Reputation : 2095
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: When I Click 'TS3W.exe' It says 'The program can't start because d3dx9_31.dll is missing from ur computer'

Post by Mera on Sat 20 Jul 2013, 21:47

Carlos G. wrote:
@Mera wrote:Hi you all. Long time no see. Smile So, the title says everything. I wanted to play sims after a long time and after upgrading to windows 8 and I saw this message. Is there anyway to launch the game without re-installing everything?

Hello there,

This message usually means that some of your custom content/mods "need" that file to work properly.

Have a look at this here and follow the instructions: http://simpedia.sims2cri.com/D3dx9_31.dll_eng

See if it helps you.



 Wow! Thanks for the fast reply. But it doesn't work when I try to launch the launcher it doesn't respond and when I try to run TS3W it gives me this message:
The application was unable to start correctly ([some kind of code]) Click OK to close the application.
There was a thread like this: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t7531-when-i-click-ts3wexe-it-says-the-program-can-t-start-because-d3dx9_31dll-is-missing-from-ur-computer-please-help
They didn't work.
avatar
Mera
VIP
VIP

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 237
Points : 2354
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2012-04-28
Age : 20
Location : Dypt Inne I Skogen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: When I Click 'TS3W.exe' It says 'The program can't start because d3dx9_31.dll is missing from ur computer'

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 20 Jul 2013, 21:55

@Mera wrote:
Wow! Thanks for the fast reply. But it doesn't work when I try to launch the launcher it doesn't respond and when I try to run TS3W it gives me this message:
The application was unable to start correctly ([some kind of code]) Click OK to close the application.
There was a thread like this: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t7531-when-i-click-ts3wexe-it-says-the-program-can-t-start-because-d3dx9_31dll-is-missing-from-ur-computer-please-help
They didn't work.

Alright, then.

Go to My Documents/Electronic Arts and rename the folder "The Sims 3" in any way you like. Then re-start the game with the TS3W.exe.

If that doesn't help you, I'm afraid that you have to try a clean un-install of your Sims 3. I suppose you got an error message like "service initialization failed (code)"? Have a look at this here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall




_________________



G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830
Points : 19692
Reputation : 2095
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: When I Click 'TS3W.exe' It says 'The program can't start because d3dx9_31.dll is missing from ur computer'

Post by Mera on Sat 20 Jul 2013, 22:01

Carlos G. wrote:
@Mera wrote:
Wow! Thanks for the fast reply. But it doesn't work when I try to launch the launcher it doesn't respond and when I try to run TS3W it gives me this message:
The application was unable to start correctly ([some kind of code]) Click OK to close the application.
There was a thread like this: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t7531-when-i-click-ts3wexe-it-says-the-program-can-t-start-because-d3dx9_31dll-is-missing-from-ur-computer-please-help
They didn't work.

Alright, then.

Go to My Documents/Electronic Arts and rename the folder "The Sims 3" in any way you like. Then re-start the game with the TS3W.exe.

If that doesn't help you, I'm afraid that you have to try a clean un-install of your Sims 3. I suppose you got an error message like "service initialization failed (code)"? Have a look at this here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_Uninstall




 When I ran TS3W, my documents did not have a folder called electronic arts, and I was waiting for it to be opened. So I should re-install, right? Sad
avatar
Mera
VIP
VIP

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 237
Points : 2354
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2012-04-28
Age : 20
Location : Dypt Inne I Skogen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: When I Click 'TS3W.exe' It says 'The program can't start because d3dx9_31.dll is missing from ur computer'

Post by The_gh0stm4n on Sat 20 Jul 2013, 22:05

@Mera wrote: When I ran TS3W, my documents did not have a folder called electronic arts, and I was waiting for it to be opened. So I should re-install, right? Sad

Maybe you could even try running the TS3W.exe in "compatibility mode (Windows 7)", but besides this, I have no other idea right now. Wat.

If you un-install, make sure to re-boot your computer before re-installing again.

_________________



G4TW Forum rules // G4TW Forum FAQ // G4TW Downloads // G4TW on ThePiratebay

How to install The Sims Medieval // The Sims 2 overview ! // How to install The Sims 3 // Expansion install checklist for TS3 // How to install The Sims 4



Feel free to e-mail me for general questions about G4TW & site navigation problems. Also, when after 24 hours of you posting a topic on the Forum you have not received a reply and still need help, you can send me an e-mail message as well!



avatar
The_gh0stm4n
VETERAN Moderator
Inspector General & Forum O.G.
VETERAN Moderator Inspector General & Forum O.G.

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Minecraft, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare, Titanfall, Team Fortress 2, Darkest Hour, GTA V, GTA: San Andreas, S.W.A.T. 4, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, Fallout, Dishonored, Call of Duty, Battlefield, The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth†, Enter the Gungeon.
Male Posts : 14830
Points : 19692
Reputation : 2095
Join date : 2012-11-02
Location : The Situation Room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: When I Click 'TS3W.exe' It says 'The program can't start because d3dx9_31.dll is missing from ur computer'

Post by lapriestly on Sun 21 Jul 2013, 00:49

I wish I could say it's working but unfortunately it's not Sad
I tried to crack it a few times but somehow it does not work for me...have no clue what I am doing wrong bc I did it the same way when I installed, updated and cracked the basic game "RAZOR 1911", it all worked fine...
before getting into the 1.55.4 version I re-installed the basic game and left uncracked...after cracking it I can't install the items anymore saying that the access to the EA downloader is denied and when I started to play the screen is black, then white and "Not responding"...no EP's installed yet...
can anybody tell me what to do with it? tyvm in advance
avatar
lapriestly
Beginner
Beginner

Windows version :
  • Windows Vista

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, The Sims 4
Female Posts : 6
Points : 1637
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2013-06-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: When I Click 'TS3W.exe' It says 'The program can't start because d3dx9_31.dll is missing from ur computer'

Post by J.T. on Sun 21 Jul 2013, 05:23

Hello,

lapriestly, please open another topic so that we can answer your question.

_________________

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

avatar
J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442
Points : 5928
Reputation : 306
Join date : 2013-01-29
Age : 21
Location : Panem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: When I Click 'TS3W.exe' It says 'The program can't start because d3dx9_31.dll is missing from ur computer'

Post by Mera on Sun 21 Jul 2013, 08:29

Carlos G. wrote:
@Mera wrote: When I ran TS3W, my documents did not have a folder called electronic arts, and I was waiting for it to be opened. So I should re-install, right? Sad

Maybe you could even try running the TS3W.exe in "compatibility mode (Windows 7)", but besides this, I have no other idea right now. Wat.

If you un-install, make sure to re-boot your computer before re-installing again.

 Sorry, but I got the same results with compatibility mode. Sad You know, re-installing is not a big deal for me but the problem is my DVD Drive can't read most of the discs & a Sims' disc is one of them. And I can't afford to buy a new Drive so, I'm stuck with this situation. Wat. 
Thanks for your help anyway.
avatar
Mera
VIP
VIP

Windows version :
  • Windows 8

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 237
Points : 2354
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2012-04-28
Age : 20
Location : Dypt Inne I Skogen

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: When I Click 'TS3W.exe' It says 'The program can't start because d3dx9_31.dll is missing from ur computer'

Post by J.T. on Sun 21 Jul 2013, 09:15

Hello,

To help you clear registry entries and initate a clean reinstallation, I suggest you uninstall The Sims 3 and other expansion packs via Revo Uninstaller.

_________________

"Part of growing up is doing what's best for the people you care about, even if sometimes, that means hurting someone else."

avatar
J.T.
=D Child of Admin =D
=D Child of Admin =D

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male Posts : 3442
Points : 5928
Reputation : 306
Join date : 2013-01-29
Age : 21
Location : Panem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: When I Click 'TS3W.exe' It says 'The program can't start because d3dx9_31.dll is missing from ur computer'

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top


Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum